Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nice one, would be great if they had a camera in middle of the headset so you could activate it as I usually have to take headset off to reply to messages...

They're bringing out an app for the PSVR that will let you see your phone screen in the VR environment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Seems the required space is 6ft by 10ft. Anyone using this in a smaller play area? I don't have much room but I'd like to give it a go, mainly for driveclub if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

superg wrote: »
    Seems the required space is 6ft by 10ft. Anyone using this in a smaller play area? I don't have much room but I'd like to give it a go, mainly for driveclub if I'm honest.

I've been playing in a smaller area. It's workable but you definitely notice the area is too small.

Driveclub gave me motion sickness, then again I am hungover so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

superg wrote: »

I played in my room during night and I have no room whatsoever but it still works fine for most games... The London Heist I was struggling to pick up stuff though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone try the platformer on VR playroom game.

• Advertisement

I played in my room during night and I have no room whatsoever but it still works fine for most games... The London Heist I was struggling to pick up stuff though...

Could the camera see the ground when you were trying.

Kinda at a loss of what to buy game wise, got Batman, Playroom (amazing party games, look like the ad TV family playing it it's that good), got all the Demos just not sure what to buy next.

Looking at VR Worlds, Rigs, and BattleZone.

Liked the Rigs demo but it ends so fast after a game so it's going to take a few gos to decide, haven't tried Battlezone yet.

BOOO always dublin to try things what about poor cork ?. :P.

When they did it for the Move for the PS3 they went all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

One of the demos is a clay model movie called something like allumette, I can't remember, but the demo is an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've been playing in a smaller area. It's workable but you definitely notice the area is too small.

Driveclub gave me motion sickness, then again I am hungover so you never know.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone try the platformer on VR playroom game.

Yeah, played that this evening.
    Thought it was cool :)

Varik wrote: »
    Could the camera see the ground when you were trying.

Nope but the gun was basically sitting on my desk, also with reguards the VR adventure game from Playroom wow, it is absolutely fantastic !!

EDIT: I was actually playing the Playroom adventure game earlier with mate, somehow my VR just went blank and I could hear things going on and he could still see what was happening but I couldn't do much... Is this an issue I should be worried about?... Happened about 4 times in the space of 2mins but after that it was working fine...

A fella I work with sold them 3 sets yesterday.
    made 80e on each then bough another for himself .

why dont they just get there own stock ?

CEX is essentially a pawn broker/cash convertor that specializes in video games, DVDs, & gadgets. Being secondhand probably makes them more money than selling their own stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm debating heading out to buy one right now but i'm actually in a similar quandry as regards a substantial retail game.

Some people say EVE is boring after the first couple of hours, some say RIGS is very simplistic so i'm reluctant to blow €60 on either. Would i be crazy to get one just for downloadable stuff like Driveclub (i have the season pass so it's only €20 on PSN), Super Stardust, Here They Lie, Tumble, Thumper, Rez and maybe Hustle Kings? I might get Until Dawn as well but i don;t know how replayable that is :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I went for VR Worlds and demo's . VR is the kind of thing that you will have to try a wide array of game types to see what suits you . VR worlds achieves this ... I think . The game has plenty of content to keep you interested and is just a glorified tech demo , but it is worth the €32 in Argos .

Keep the area around you clear , and a bucket handy ( for Scavenger hunt anyway , I had to take 3 goes at it to complete it and felt queezy all day after it )

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Kinda at a loss of what to buy game wise
    Gunjack is decent for €8 in the PS Store (€10 if you're not a PS+ member). It's essentially a shooting gallery from a fixed point, (your head functions as a cockpit/turret in a mech stood on the edge of a spaceship).

I'm not motion sensitive, but if you are, you might want this warning: There's an intro sequence during which the virtual "you" is moved backwards for an extended period; I suggest you turn yourself physically 180 degrees to convert it to forward motion which is easier to handle. During gameplay, your position will be fixed (so you'll have no motion issues), and you can look around to aim.

Worlds is €32 in Argos by the way (versus €40 in the PS Store).

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Has there been any up to date rumours regarding an official PSVR bundle in Europe (Camera, Controllers, VR World) like they have in the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

So far Playroom has been the best for me. The Robot rescue is great fun. A lot of the other demos etc are only so and so. Luge is probably the weakest I tried. Can wait until AAA games come onboard.

Mine craft would be perfect.. No sign of it though

Anyone know if it's possible to smoke a cigar in The London Heist using the Dualshock 4 controller?... Every time I try to inhale and exhale it doesn't work and I am trying to get the achievements...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Would have expected to hear something about the PSVR bundle in europe (Camera, Controllers, VR World) at this stage as its available in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just got the last two VR headsets in Smyths Dundalk. They dont know when theyre due in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just got the last two VR headsets in Smyths Dundalk. They dont know when theyre due in again.

Are you a mutant with 4 eyes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just tried a demo. Holy crap that was amazing!

Guy let me try two demos: London Heist and a Space shoot em up

sign me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've been measing with it all evening. Put it on and when i took it off got a shock as it was dark out.

Is there any graphically stunning games coming out ? I found a lot of the demos lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

rabwaygal wrote: »
    So far Playroom has been the best for me. The Robot rescue is great fun. A lot of the other demos etc are only so and so. Luge is probably the weakest I tried. Can wait until AAA games come onboard.

Mine craft would be perfect.. No sign of it though

Just came here to say this. The platformer in the playroom is astounding. It's not an application I'd have dreamed of VR. It's not something I've heard anyone talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

D3V!L wrote: »
    I've been measing with it all evening. Put it on and when i took it off got a shock as it was dark out.

Is there any graphically stunning games coming out ? I found a lot of the demos lacking.

Given what's powering it, I think the majority of what's available is relatively stunning. Driveclub does look like ass though. I don't think you can hope for better than what's out there without upgrading to the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just came here to say this. The platformer in the playroom is astounding. It's not an application I'd have dreamed of VR. It's not something I've heard anyone talking about.

The whole playroom isn't spoke about much but it's actually great, much better than the non vr playroom. My family love the cat and mouse, and the ghost hunt game. It's a total rip off of Luigis mansion thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

my current tv is nearly 10 years old and is a 32 inch. Am I going to have to upgrade the tv as well to get the full benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

my current tv is nearly 10 years old and is a 32 inch. Am I going to have to upgrade the tv as well to get the full benefit?

ummmm no? The point here is not to use the TV at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Caved and pick one up today.

Only played the demo disc so far and i loved everything other than Rigs, EVE and Driveclub.

Driveclub was the wort offender for motion sickness and it also looks fairly terrible, made it a lap and i half before i tapped out.

Rigs seemed ok but i only managed a couple of minutes of it before my stomach was churning, might try it again some other time.

EVE was fine, if a little disorientating at times but it just didn't click for some reason.

The VR Worlds dive thing was amazing and i was like a grinning idiot looking around the cage. This is one of the ones to show the PSVR off with. The shooting gallery thing from London Heist was excellent as well, i'll definitely pick up the whole VR Worlds thing when it gets a bit cheaper.

I bought Tumble VR right away after playing the demo. Such a simple concept but just really fun :D

Battlezone was cool. Fairly fast paced but not a hint of motion sickness and the controls work nicely with the sticks to steer and aim whilst you can look around freely. I'll definitely pick that up at some stage.

Headmaster was a bit of a surprise. Once again, a simple concept but it had me grinning like a loon. Another one to be picked up at some point.

Wayward Sky is a slightly different implementation of the headset than the other games but i enjoyed the way it worked enough to buy it right after playing the demo. It showed me that things don't necessarily have to be first person to work well in VR.

Oh, and i tried a few minutes of the platform game in Playroom. That could easily have been released as an actual paid-for game but i think it's genius that Sony are giving it away for free. It's really good and a nice, relaxed game that shows of the headset well.

Overall, i'm pleased and i'm looking forward to trying a few more demos and i'll probably buy Thumper and Rez based on the near universal acclaim i've read along with a couple of other things.

Advertisement