Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

iamtony wrote: »
    Until dawn is class, as are most of the experiences but horror is definitely a highlight and resi evid will be a day one for me. Did you play the kitchen demo yet? Its awesome.

I let my mother play The Kitchen demo and she threw the controller across the room, and the scary bit hadn't even started haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I let my mother play The Kitchen demo and she threw the controller across the room, and the scary bit hadn't even started haha

Ha ha that was pretty evil in fairness:-)
    I've had a bit of time to play the demos today, some of the games are brilliant but seem like they should be cheaper than they are. Not that they are bad but if the same game was non vr it would be 7.99 at launch but they are trying to cash in at the moment which is a shame. Personally I would of bought a fair few of them if the price tag wasn't 19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The whole drifting thing and general camera issues are really putting me off getting this one day. Some people are having no problems , some people are having significant problems. Some people blame it on set-up, some people feel it might be a faulty headset. Some people think its immersion breaking, some people think its no biggie. Some mess.

I'm a massive fan of VR's potential and feel Sony did a great job with a certain amount of restraints. But I'm not sure if these problems are minor annoyances or actuall game-breaking to the overall experience. Opinions are all over the place, just like the games and hardware reviews. I guess if I had a handy €400 lying around I would jump on it but I don't... so I'll convince a friend that it's the dogs b0ll0cks so I can try theirs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

nocoverart wrote: »
    The whole drifting thing and general camera issues are really putting me off getting this one day. Some people are having no problems , some people are having significant problems. Some people blame it on set-up, some people feel it might be a faulty headset. Some people think its immersion breaking, some people think its no biggie. Some mess.

I'm a massive fan of VR's potential and feel Sony did a great job with a certain amount of restraints. But I'm not sure if these problems are minor annoyances or actually game-breaking to the overall experience. Opinions are all over the place, just like the games and hardware reviews. I guess if I had a handy €400 lying around I would jump on it but I don't... so I'll convince a friend that it's the dogs b00locks so I can try theirs instead.
    havent had any negative experiences with drifting of anything like that. I wouldn't let that put me off it's a genuinely gamechanging experience and It's the biggest leap I've experienced ever and I'm gaming since the Atari 2600 and commodore vic20. Graphics aren't perfect but that doesn't spoil the fun one bit. I suggest you cough up the dough and if you find you don't like it after a week sell it on for near what you paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

iamtony wrote: »
    havent had any negative experiences with drifting of anything like that. I wouldn't let that put me off it's a genuinely gamechanging experience and It's the biggest leap I've experienced ever and I'm gaming since the Atari 2600 and commodore vic20. Graphics aren't perfect but that doesn't spoil the fun one bit. I suggest you cough up the dough and if you find you don't like it after a week sell it on for near what you paid for it.

That's great to hear! I think I'll eventually plunge. I really want VR to be a success and I'm definitely not a resolution wh0re. I'm jaded from gaming on a 2D panel and want something fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I find that a clear area in which you are able to extend arms 360 degrees about 2 meters from the camera is the sweet spot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

are there any AAA games on the horizon for PSVR aside from Resident Evil?

Launch line seems quite weak and lacking in staying power for repeated play... or am I wrong?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Rez made me completely lose track of myself and become totally absorbed in the VR :eek: Don't know how i managed to miss it in all my years of gaming but it feels like VR was made for it.

Rez looks like "The Lawnmower Man" VR... finally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

sticker wrote: »
    are there any AAA games on the horizon for PSVR aside from Resident Evil?

Launch line seems quite weak and lacking in staying power for repeated play... or am I wrong?!
    The two I'm looking forward to the most, in addition to RE7, would be these...

Farpoint

Robinson: The Journey

Plus there's Final Fantasy XIV & XV, Tekken 7, Gran Turismo Sport, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Star Wars: Battlefront X-Wing VR, Project CARS, Ark:Survival Evolved, Ace Combat 7, a small degree of support for Rise of the Tomb Raider, among a few others.

I'd expect quite a few more to be announced at the PlayStation Experience towards the end of the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Nailz wrote: »

Plus there's Final Fantasy XIV & XV, Tekken 7, Gran Turismo Sport, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Star Wars: Battlefront X-Wing VR, Project CARS, Ark:Survival Evolved, Ace Combat 7, a small degree of support for Rise of the Tomb Raider, among a few others.

I'd expect quite a few more to be announced at the PlayStation Experience towards the end of the year too.

I had no idea about most of them, I only knew about star wars and FFXV. Some great news in there! Happy days!

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »

Are all these titles fully playable in VR or just partially?... Will the whole RE7 story be in VR?... If so this is way beyond what I was expecting :eek: ... Can not wait for RE7 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Are all these titles fully playable in VR or just partially?... Will the whole RE7 story be in VR?... If so this is way beyond what I was expecting :eek: ... Can not wait for RE7 ...

RE7 is fully playable in VR!!

Just noticed PS Move controller in CEX gone up to €40 each, so glad I picked mine up for €12 each there a few weeks ago..

But looking at it you may be able to get the move controller for €10 by getting wonderbook

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719203858#.WAYxwvkrKUk

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Just noticed PS Move controller in CEX gone up to 40 each, so glad I picked mine up for 12 each there a few weeks ago..

But looking at it you may be able to get the move controller for 10 by getting wonderbook

I am in the wrong game.
    I got mine for 24e in CEX 3weeks ago. I kept telling my self I will wait. I am glad I didn't. That is a crazy mark up.

gmg678 wrote: »
    I am in the wrong game.
    I got mine for 24e in CEX 3weeks ago. I kept telling my self I will wait. I am glad I didn't. That is a crazy mark up.

I was supposed to buy at 8euro each, I waited... Still I am waiting ... Guess I will just get the bundle for 80euro instead... 40euro is crazy price for old controllers which battery life may be terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have my headset and camera over on adverts if anyone's interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yup, all of RE7 is playable in VR from what I remember. I think FF:XV will just be an "experience", and I heard it's initial demo was also crap, but from what I know the rest will be fully playable, including FF:XIV.*

*Rise of the Tomb Raider has a mode/chapter dedicated to it, but not the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Buy in US: https://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Move-Motion-Controller-3/dp/B002I0J51U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1476807583&sr=1-1&keywords=ps+move, Amazon will calculate and charge all the taxes so you know exactly what you are paying, and they ship to Ireland. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verbat

Just noticed PS Move controller in CEX gone up to €40 each, so glad I picked mine up for €12 each there a few weeks ago..

But looking at it you may be able to get the move controller for €10 by getting wonderbook

Thanks for the heads up, got the last one in Newbridge just now, on the look out for a cheap second one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tried it there for the first time. Also the first time doing any sort of VR.

Only played briefly. Tried Eve first, and...wow, VR is awesome. Looking round at space, at the cockpit, moving my head to find other ships.

Tried job simulator and was fun. Tried the Heist shooting range as well, but it caused my eyes to start watering, but I think thats just cause I'm tired today.

Can't wait for Xmas morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I am in the wrong game.

I was supposed to buy at 8euro each, I waited... Still I am waiting ... Guess I will just get the bundle for 80euro instead... 40euro is crazy price for old controllers which battery life may be terrible...
    I do have the say the battery life is grand on them. one is better than the other one. but they do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lord TSC wrote: »

Can't wait for Xmas morning.

You're putting it away till Xmas as someone's present ? :eek:

The temptation to sneak it down for a few games at night ...too great.

The Move controllers in the bundle, are they the same as the PS3 ones or do they come with the micro USB charging instead of the old one?...

The Move controllers in the bundle, are they the same as the PS3 ones or do they come with the micro USB charging instead of the old one?...

Same as the old ones from what I can see. I had an old one and bought the double pack and they appear identical

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I am in the wrong game.

And I got mine at 12 2 weeks before you. Shower of crooks!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    And I got mine at 12 2 weeks before you. Shower of crooks!

In fairness they are also taking more money now for old move controller, so technically if you bought for 12 euro then you can make a profit of €10 on each of them. Also don't forget they are also giving 2 years warranty with all electronics. Its like anything its supply and demand!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Same as the old ones from what I can see. I had an old one and bought the double pack and they appear identical

Does the double pack come with a charging cable?

Does the double pack come with a charging cable?

With 2 actually. First time this generation Sony haven't skimped on cables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Could have sworn I've seen one that charges the move controllers as well. Think that's the one to get.

Advertisement