Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

New move controllers seem to be sold out everywhere. Anybody know when they're going to be back in stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

foobar wrote: »

That doesn't seem to be sold here or in the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

is Sports bar VR out in Ireland I can't find it on the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

gmg678 wrote: »

It's supposed to be terrible. Really bad motion tracking etc.

Also, it is literally just the game Pool Nation with a couple of other bits badly tacked on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

lawlolawl wrote: »
    gmg678 wrote: »

It's supposed to be terrible. Really bad motion tracking etc.

Also, it is literally just the game Pool Nation with a couple of other bits badly tacked on.
    yeah, I am more waiting for "the brookhaven experiment" but it is delayed and sportbar vr is meant to have been released in UK. so its more of are they not releasing games here but are in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

A lot of VR headsets available in Spain, same price, and controllers, not sure about language of it, but should be in ENG, I think, if anyone travelling to Spain, will be worth while to pick one on a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

To get the PSVR setup @ home is this everything I would need?

- PS4 console (going to go for Pro)
    - PS4 camera
    - 2 x Move controllers
    - PSVR headset

Roughly speaking how much is this all-in, about €1K ?

Going to keep eye on this for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

mrcheez wrote: »
    To get the PSVR setup @ home is this everything I would need?

- PS4 console (going to go for Pro)
    - PS4 camera
    - 2 x Move controllers
    - PSVR headset

Roughly speaking how much is this all-in, about €1K ?

Going to keep eye on this for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

you probably don't "need" the 2 move controllers if you're just interested in trying it for now. Most of the games support just the dualshock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I sold my headset 2 days after buying it, was very disappointed by the quality of the picture on it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Denisoftus wrote: »
    A lot of VR headsets available in Spain, same price, and controllers, not sure about language of it, but should be in ENG, I think, if anyone travelling to Spain, will be worth while to pick one on a way.

One available in Cork - Mahon now if anyone is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

D3V!L wrote: »
    I sold my headset 2 days after buying it, was very disappointed by the quality of the picture on it.

Did you sell both of them? You got two in Dundalk if I remember correctly.

RedXIV wrote: »
    you probably don't "need" the 2 move controllers if you're just interested in trying it for now. Most of the games support just the dualshock

I want the dual virtual hands experience that I got when I tried the London Heist demo, so probably need them for that?

Is that the full list of things I need to get or anything else?

ah forgot.. headphones.

so... all-in, including decent headphones we're looking €1,000 or more/less?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm playing through until dawn on my own, up to now it was with the missus and we would do a level each but I'm sweating like a pig its amazing how emersed in the game you become.
    Might aswell stick up my username here I've nobody to compare scores with so feel free to add me and it might come in handy with any multiplayer games on the horizon. P.s it was originally my sons account that's why the name makes no sense at all: Dangerdil7

I want the dual virtual hands experience that I got when I tried the London Heist demo, so probably need them for that?

Is that the full list of things I need to get or anything else?

ah forgot.. headphones.

Ah yeah, for the dual virtual hands, yes you need the move controllers.

You get a basic set of wired headphones with the headset, now they aren't amazing but they will do the job until you get started.

Am a tiny bit sickened that it can't use wireless headphones as my good pair are wireless, so I'd need to get another decent wired set at some point also.

You get a basic set of wired headphones with the headset, now they aren't amazing but they will do the job until you get started.

Am a tiny bit sickened that it can't use wireless headphones as my good pair are wireless, so I'd need to get another decent wired set at some point also.

Do the systems ever come boxed with the camera, and/or a Move controller or generally always have to buy all separate?

And do I need a DualShock controller as well for non PSVR gaming, or move controllers sufficient?

Do the systems ever come boxed with the camera, and/or a Move controller or generally always have to buy all separate?

And do I need a DualShock controller as well for non PSVR gaming, or move controllers sufficient?

In the US you can get a deluxe package that has everything but in Ireland, you'll need to pick up everything separately. the move controllers can come in a single or double pack though.

You definitely need a Dualshock controller also but if you have a PS4, you'll get one with that anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Anyone tried this? Is it actually like being inside the game or is more like viewing a 3d space through a pair of goggles?

Anyone tried this? Is it actually like being inside the game or is more like viewing a 3d space through a pair of goggles?

It's a little like looking through a pair of glasses with side-shields

https://www.steampunkgoggles.com/wp-content/uploads/vermont-classic-spectron-4-be70207f0d-313x313.jpg

So you feel fully immersed but perhaps dont have full peripheral vision

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Becoming very interested in the idea of this the more i think about it but right now with the current line up or whatever is available by the end of the year is it really worth the 500 or so euro??

The big draw for me would be Resident evil in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Becoming very interested in the idea of this the more i think about it but right now with the current line up or whatever is available by the end of the year is it really worth the 500 or so euro??

The big draw for me would be Resident evil in January.

May as well get now to enjoy before the big games like RE come out... Although then you could spend more money on all the mediocre VR games before January so I guess you could save more waiting....

Don't think there will be a price drop in this with it virtually flying off the shelves?... If you have the money I would get now, if not wait till Christmas or when they have extra stock... Hopefully RE7 doesn't get delayed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Don't think there will be a price drop in this with it virtually flying off the shelves?... If you have the money I would get now, if not wait till Christmas or when they have extra stock... Hopefully RE7 doesn't get delayed...
    I agree. Things will get crazy around Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised to see stock shortages.

Im in no massive rush i mean is there any games out now or very soon that would make it a must have?

Stock is obviously going to be an issue as well as having to buy the camera and move controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Im in no massive rush i mean is there any games out now or very soon that would make it a must have?

Stock is obviously going to be an issue as well as having to buy the camera and move controllers.
    None.

All on the horizon though.

Unless Resident evil flops big time thats what will draw me to going into VR until then its something id like to try and yes im tempted by getting it but ultimately i dont wanna spend 500 odd euro on something that will be playing mostly demos on!

Hopefully come the new year should be no stock issues.

Star Wars Battlefront VR does look amazing. I'm gonna have to decide between this or an Oculus/Vive. I think the PSVR has it for games line up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Farpoint looks pretty good no idea when it is released, also Serious Sam VR just got released on Early Access on Steam really wish it was released now on PS4 that game would be nuts... Pretty sure it is coming to PS4 in the future but could be waiting ages for it...

Only game really I am looking forward to and will pick up is RE and possibly FF XV ... Knowing me I will end up buying a tonne of VR games before these come out because the experience of VR is just too damn good and so much fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you have a Samsung S6 or later and want to test decent VR...get yourself a Gear VR.
    They're only 100e or so...and the best entry point into VR.
    It also has easy access to things that you'd probably not get as easy on the PS3.....adult things...in 3d.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is this fully true?

I've ordered the PS "gold" Headset and will be sickened if it does not work.
    Guess i could plug it in though...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is this fully true?

I've ordered the PS "gold" Headset and will be sickened if it does not work.
    Guess i could plug it in though...?

Have those myself. It needs to be wired to work. There's a cable in the box though. I think they're a great headset for the price, but I find them a bit bulky with the VR. Prefer to wear ear buds, although they can also be a bit annoying as well.

Advertisement