Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

RedXIV wrote: »
    mrcheez wrote: »
    I want the dual virtual hands experience that I got when I tried the London Heist demo, so probably need them for that?

Is that the full list of things I need to get or anything else?

ah forgot.. headphones.

Ah yeah, for the dual virtual hands, yes you need the move controllers.

You get a basic set of wired headphones with the headset, now they aren't amazing but they will do the job until you get started.

Am a tiny bit sickened that it can't use wireless headphones as my good pair are wireless, so I'd need to get another decent wired set at some point also.
    I have the Astro A50 headset. If you try to use it the way it was designed, the Playstation gives out and wont play sound through it. The headset has a wireless connection to a transmitter which then normally connects to the PS4 via spdif and usb to power the transmitter. I was really disappointed when I couldnt use my 300 euro headset with the VR.
    Until a day or two into playing VR, I remembered that the transmitter has an aux in connection. 10 minutes later I have the transmitter powered by a wall socket next to me, a 2m 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable connecting the transmitter to the inline controls on the VR and the Astro A50 working away as wirelessly as possible. It works a treat but adds to the cabling mess that is VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

stevexo wrote: »
    I have the Astro A50 headset. If you try to use it the way it was designed, the Playstation gives out and wont play sound through it. The headset has a wireless connection to a transmitter which then normally connects to the PS4 via spdif and usb to power the transmitter. I was really disappointed when I couldnt use my 300 euro headset with the VR.
    Until a day or two into playing VR, I remembered that the transmitter has an aux in connection. 10 minutes later I have the transmitter powered by a wall socket next to me, a 2m 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable connecting the transmitter to the inline controls on the VR and the Astro A50 working away as wirelessly as possible. It works a treat but adds to the cabling mess that is VR.

Would have assumed most wireless headphone/headsets would have a 3.5mm connection on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Varik wrote: »
    Would have assumed most wireless headphone/headsets would have a 3.5mm connection on it.
    The headset itself has no 3.5mm connection unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Meant to ask this ages ago but forgot, anyone else get the US demo disk and find some demos unavailable? Bound and hustle kings for example only have "buy" options on them rather than any actual demo gameplay?

Or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

RedXIV wrote: »
    Meant to ask this ages ago but forgot, anyone else get the US demo disk and find some demos unavailable? Bound and hustle kings for example only have "buy" options on them rather than any actual demo gameplay?

Or is it just me?

I had it too, Hustle Kings wouldn't even work for me with the Irish disk ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Don't worry, those are ads, not demos. Your disc/install is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hustle kings is a game I am interested in but without the demo I won't be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Star Trek Bridge crew delayed until March next year :(
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/10/21/star-trek-bridge-crew-delayed-until-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Star Trek Bridge crew delayed until March next year :(
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/10/21/star-trek-bridge-crew-delayed-until-2017

Balls! I was looking forward to this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Strongly thinking of getting one as one of my girlfriends friends she got one and seems to be loving it so far.

In france they seem to have been in stock in every shop i was in so no stock issues over there.

I am testing it next week in cork so fingers coursed i will like it as then i will have to get a camera and one move controller ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Think I'll ignore the pro for now and aim for picking this up at end year or new year whatever cheaper and easier.

Really all depends on Resident evil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Think I'll ignore the pro for now

Any reason? I was thinking of getting the Pro simply to ensure I'm covered in future... would it not make more financial sense to spend a little more to ensure you get more out of it?

What, for you, is the ONE main thing about the PSVR experience that differentiates it from the usual playing in front of a TV?

For me it was in the London Heist demo, where the direction you were shooting was independent of the direction you were looking. So you could look over to your right and pick up a can of coke while reaching out to your left and casually blasting the guys over there.

I had a quick look to the left to see that my shooting had blasted their tyres and bad guys were nicely dispatched.

From what I know it's impossible to do this in anything other than VR (i.e. you can only ever shoot in the direction you are pointing the screen at) and singles it out as as a core advantage.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any reason? I was thinking of getting the Pro simply to ensure I'm covered in future... would it not make more financial sense to spend a little more to ensure you get more out of it?

I think it's the fact I'm happy with the ps4 that I already have and unless we get a surprise in next few weeks I don't think the pro is going to greatly change what I've already got ie hdtv.

I have no intention of upgrading to 4k anytime soon cause it's unnecessary.

I think it's the fact I'm happy with the ps4 that I already have and unless we get a surprise in next few weeks I don't think the pro is going to greatly change what I've already got ie hdtv.

I have no intention of upgrading to 4k anytime soon cause it's unnecessary.

Ah ok.. yeah if you already have a PS4 then I understand.

I was holding off on getting one until I saw how the PSVR worked, and now I'm happy to proceed although going to wait to see if any discounts during the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The price of the move controllers is actually putting me off buying one of these (I have the camera already). I'll leave it a while until a price drop comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Finished Rush of Blood just there now. That was really enjoyable.

More rail shooters, but longer, please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Anyone know where might be the best place to pick one up?
    Gamestop have green status for most of their stores in Dublin. I checked with them and they are saying it is only showing their pre-ordered stock.
    Argos, Smyths look to be OOS also.

AGoodison wrote: »
    Anyone know where might be the best place to pick one up?
    Gamestop have green status for most of their stores in Dublin. I checked with them and they are saying it is only showing their pre-ordered stock.
    Argos, Smyths look to be OOS also.

Be curious see what stock levels are like now and coming up to Christmas.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Finished Rush of Blood just there now. That was really enjoyable.

More rail shooters, but longer, please :D

You can play through it a few times and take the different routes and on a harder difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

iamtony wrote: »
    You can play through it a few times and take the different routes and on a harder difficulty.

Yeah, i'm going to go back and play it again at some stage this weekend.

T'was very good.

Just picked up Until Dawn ... Too afraid to start it right now, although waiting till everyone in bed is also a bad idea ... Some nightmares will be had after this I think ...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Be curious see what stock levels are like now and coming up to Christmas.

The online UK sites seem to have good stock. Ideally would like a store to return it to, if any issues arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Been thinking of getting Hustle Kings has anyone tried it yet????

Just picked up Until Dawn ... Too afraid to start it right now, although waiting till everyone in bed is also a bad idea ... Some nightmares will be had after this I think ...

I played it to completion the other night and I had a bad sleep full of nightmares that night, the dream weren't directly related to the game but I suspect they played a roll in it as I rarely dream let alone have nightmares.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Been thinking of getting Hustle Kings has anyone tried it yet????

Nope, but I too was going to pick it up........ Then I saw the reviews so sided with Until Dawn, think you may need move controllers to get the best out of it I suppose...

AGoodison wrote: »
    The online UK sites seem to have good stock. Ideally would like a store to return it to, if any issues arise.

Anywhere decent in particular? What about the camera and move? I'd consider even picking them up second half but doesn't seem be many around

On 3rd episode of Until Dawn and can't get passed it, tried about 10 times don't know what's going on at end like a million birds attack and take me down every single time....

EDIT: got it finally

Just looking out of interest at the prices of picking this up now seeing as its not in stock anywhere in Ireland that i can see anyway your talking crazy money to get the whole thing including move and camera delivered from Uk at least 700 euro......

Only option ive found down here is on adverts for 630 the lot. How much did everyone pay for it from the shops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Just looking out of interest at the prices of picking this up now seeing as its not in stock anywhere in Ireland that i can see anyway your talking crazy money to get the whole thing including move and camera delivered from Uk at least 700 euro......

Only option ive found down here is on adverts for 630 the lot. How much did everyone pay for it from the shops?

Dang looks like I ordered it at just the right time so. Ordered it from Smyths online last Monday and it arrived on Tuesday.
    Sadly I haven't been able to find the move controllers anywhere but the dual shock controller works just find with it

Advertisement