Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Cheers for mentioning this got two on there site there hope delivers by end week now.

You will need a charger for these btw one won't come with them I don't think.. It's the PS3 type chargers...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You will need a charger for these btw one won't come with them I don't think.. It's the PS3 type chargers...

Fairly sure I have few at home. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

What caused this?

Motion sickness, didn't get it with the vr games but it was bad I don't know if its just uncharted as you look around a lot and everything moves fast past your eyes or if its going to be every non vr game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

iamtony wrote: »
    Motion sickness, didn't get it with the vr games but it was bad I don't know if its just uncharted as you look around a lot and everything moves fast past your eyes or if its going to be every non vr game.

Ya I'm hoping I don't get this problem playing games in general on this but I'd say be ok normally fine that kinda stuff. Something need get used to I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Has anyone spent much time playing non vr games in the headset?
    I played 10 minutes of uncharted 3 today and I was close to vomiting. Horrible feeling.

yup my mate ttried playing Alien Isolation on Occulus (which I was hoping to try on PSVR) and said had the same experiance.
    We think its due to in 1st person game your brain thinking you are turning when you are actually not, so makes you horribly sick. Perhaps wouldn't get with other type of games e.g. platformers, fifa etc ? not sure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Here They Lie can get a little disorientating as it's designed so you play it standing up but you use the DS4 to move around in first person. Almost fell over a few times while playing, kind of stops you from getting too immersed, because as soon as you do you lose your balance.

Morshlac wrote: »
    yup my mate ttried playing Alien Isolation on Occulus (which I was hoping to try on PSVR) and said had the same experiance.
    We think its due to in 1st person game your brain thinking you are turning when you are actually not, so makes you horribly sick. Perhaps wouldn't get with other type of games e.g. platformers, fifa etc ? not sure..
    I'll try another type of game today and see does it change.
    I was thinking the effect was causes from the fast movement if the screen in front if you eyes as you look around for things and places to climb etc. Similar to being on an amusment ride. I know car sickness is caused by your eyes picking up the scenery out the side window and your brain thinks your spinning, the solution their is to look out the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thinking about going ahead with a pre-order of the PS4 Pro and getting a PS VR etc off Amazon uk in time for Xmas (not bothered about getting asap)

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB - £349.99

Sony PlayStation 4 Camera - £39.00

Sony PlayStation Move Motion Controller - Twin Pack - £68.99

Sony PlayStation VR - £349.99

TOTAL: £807.97 (€903)

Is this price average or wide of the mark compared to buying from Smyths etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

mrcheez wrote: »

TOTAL: 807.97 ( 903)
    Is this price average or wide of the mark compared to buying from Smyths etc?
    Ahhhhhhh PSVR the cheap as chips VR option :D

Morshlac wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh PSVR the cheap as chips VR option :D

Well it's that or the Oculus Rift ... need to check my PC is compatible first.

If I need a new video card then it's PSVR, if I'm sorted for power then it's a balancing act (does the Oculus Rift involve moving furniture around like the HTC Vive?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well it's that or the Oculus Rift ... need to check my PC is compatible first.

If I need a new video card then it's PSVR, if I'm sorted for power then it's a balancing act (does the Oculus Rift involve moving furniture around like the HTC Vive?)

don't forget you will eventually need these bad boys for the rift which will set you back another 200 yoyo's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-301-00059-01-Touch-Controller/dp/B01LSZCU6M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477411748&sr=8-3&keywords=oculus+rift

don't forget you will eventually need these bad boys for the rift which will set you back another 200 yoyo's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-301-00059-01-Touch-Controller/dp/B01LSZCU6M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477411748&sr=8-3&keywords=oculus+rift

Oculus Rift - £549

Oculus Touch Controller - £189.99

TOTAL: £738.99 (€825.28)

Much of a muchness really.. it'll cost me roughly same either way. All I know is I want VR in my face damnit ;)

If I need a new video card, then the Oculus option goes over the €1K mark which is a bit TOO high for me for 2nd gen VR.

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB - £349.99

£349.99 is €392.08

and the PS4 Pro is €399.99 on Smyths, so I guess I can assume the Amazon prices will be on par with whatever you can get in a B&M

Does anyone know anything about the game released today called Tethered? Looks Good only one review on metecritic and it got 90% but I'd like to know a bit more.

Does anyone know anything about the game released today called Tethered? Looks Good only one review on metecritic and it got 90% but I'd like to know a bit more.

Ughhh wish I didn't waste 20euro on the VR titles I got the other day...

What price is this? Does it work with DS4?

Looks pretty solid ... Tempted to buy

If I need a new video card, then the Oculus option goes over the €1K mark which is a bit TOO high for me for 2nd gen VR.

Ran the Oculus Rift compatibility tool and seems I need to spend another £400 on my PC to meet minimum specs.

So Oculus/Vive is out.. PSVR is in :pac:

Ughhh wish I didn't waste 20euro on the VR titles I got the other day...

What price is this? Does it work with DS4?

Looks pretty solid ... Tempted to buy

€26.99 with PS plus. It seems like you get a bit more for your money with it as there's 13 levels. I know I'm the same(tempted) but I'm trying to be sensible with my free €400 ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ran the Oculus Rift compatibility tool and seems I need to spend another £400 on my PC to meet minimum specs.

So Occulus/Vive is out.. PSVR is in :pac:

This is what is going to kill the Occulus and Vive from a mass market point of view. It's all well and good having better tech than the PSVR but most people don't game on a PC in the first place and a lot of people who do won't have a machine capable of handling VR at those specs.

Technically all you need for VR on PS4 is the console, camera and the headset and all that can be had for less than 800 euro.

The Occulus alone is around 700 euro, the Vive is around 900 euro. That's before you have the hardware to use it with. They are enthusiast-grade products that will end up being very niche.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Technically all you need for VR on PS4 is the console, camera and the headset and all that can be had for less than 800 euro.

Hmm it's coming up as 900 euro for me, but that's because I chose a PS4 Pro probably.

What are the chances of significant discounts during Black Friday/Cyber Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This is what is going to kill the Occulus and Vive from a mass market point of view. It's all well and good having better tech than the PSVR but most people don't game on a PC in the first place and a lot of people who do won't have a machine capable of handling VR at those specs.

Not really. Xbox Scorpio will be more than a VR capable console. It will be able to provide an excellent VR experience due to its spec. Microsoft and Oculus have a partnership because Microsoft is not going into the VR market.

Also there will be a vast amount of VR games/experiences that will be closed off to PSVR due to it being a closed system and limitations of the PSVR itself.

• Advertisement

Not really. Xbox Scorpio will be more than a VR capable console. It will be able to provide an excellent VR experience due to its spec. Microsoft and Oculus have a partnership because Microsoft is not going into the VR market.

Also there will be a vast amount of VR games/experiences that will be closed off to PSVR due to it being a closed system and limitations of the PSVR itself.

The Scorpio is a desperation move by MS because they are getting their arse handed to them in the console market. My Live ran out about a month ago and i just didn't bother renewing it and my One is packed back up in its box waiting for me to trade it in. MS have been dismal this gen.

The Scorpio going to be too little too late because it isn't out until this time next year so either PSVR will be well establish or commercial VR will have failed at that stage and it still won't change the fact that the Occulus headset alone is pricey as hell.

I'll try another type of game today and see does it change.
    I was thinking the effect was causes from the fast movement if the screen in front if you eyes as you look around for things and places to climb etc. Similar to being on an amusment ride. I know car sickness is caused by your eyes picking up the scenery out the side window and your brain thinks your spinning, the solution their is to look out the front.
    I tried resident evil the remake and resogun just now and no motion sickness so it seems its limited to first person games for me anyway. Resogun looked good on it I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Scorpio is a desperation move by MS because they are getting their arse handed to them in the console market. My Live ran out about a month ago and i just didn't bother renewing it and my One is packed back up in its box waiting for me to trade it in. MS have been dismal this gen.

The Scorpio going to be too little too late because it isn't out until this time next year so either PSVR will be well establish or commercial VR will have failed at that stage and it still won't change the fact that the Occulus headset alone is pricey as hell.

The Rift will be usable on Xbox and PC where the PSVR can only be only used on PlayStation.

Also the PSVR is a very limited VR experience in comparison to the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. So its understandably cheaper due to what it can provide next to the big boys of VR (Rift + Vive)

It will actually take Sony a few years to establish a VR player base. Remember VR titles don't come out every week so there will only be a small number of 'actual' VR games released over the next year. One thing to remember is that PSVR has to catch up with all the other VR headsets first. The Rift and Vive have been out for about 8 months already.

Also Sony VR titles are competing against traditional games for sale on Playstation. This is an important point. If a games studio makes a non-VR game for PS4 they have a 40 million player base to sell to. If they make a VR title they will only have a tiny fraction of that market to sell to.

As I explained Microsoft aren't entering the VR market. They are simply supporting the Rift headset for the Xbox Scorpio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hadn't heard anything about Rift on XBOX at all. When did they announce that?

Does the wonderbook book of spells on gamestop for 10euro include the move controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I hadn't heard anything about Rift on XBOX at all. When did they announce that?

He's just speculating. His last sentence doesn't make any sense though.

I can't see MS using an off the shelf rift. It could (maybe) carry the brand, but i'd be shocked if it wasn't "Xboxed" up for the console market. The industrial design really needs a major revision for a mass market product. You've got to hand it to Sony for the comfort of their product.

Does the wonderbook book of spells on gamestop for 10euro include the move controller?

Doesnt look like it, the picture just says you'll need these and a pic of the move controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I had to look up what that was. I guessed it was HP. I'd imagine that a VR Harry Potter game would be a serious system mover.

The Rift and Vive have been out for about 8 months already.

8 months with no games of note other than the ones that ended up/will end up on PSVR at some stage. The rest is shovelware, i've been keeping an eye on VR stuff on Steam.

Face it dude, Vive and Occulus are too expensive and too niche.

Hell, the PSVR may fail as well but the other two are pretty much dead already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

8 months with no games of note other than the ones that ended up/will end up on PSVR at some stage. The rest is shovelware, i've been keeping an eye on VR stuff on Steam.

Face it dude, Vive and Occulus are too expensive and too niche.

Hell, the PSVR may fail as well but the other two are pretty much dead already.

Fail it may, but there is already a fair bit of content out for it, and there is only more to come. With the likes of Resident Evil 7 & Gran Tourismo Sport coming out, the future looks pretty bright. Not to mention, Robinson: The Journey, Star Trek: Bridge Crew and loads more.

Advertisement