Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They seem to be out of stock everywhere. Was talking to someone in smyths yesterday and he said that without a pre order, people wouldnt get them in store until Jan or Feb! The camera is the easiest to get. Big shortage on the move controllers too.

Reckon ordering the lot (including a Pro) on Amazon this weekend would guarantee delivery by Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mrcheez wrote: »
    Reckon ordering the lot (including a Pro) on Amazon this weekend would guarantee delivery by Xmas?

I think tesco direct have pre orders for a delivery date of the 19th Dec, also click.ie have vr for dec 10th delivery

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think tesco direct have pre orders for a delivery date of the 19th Dec, also click.ie have vr for dec 10th delivery

Have the VR and camera ready, just need the move controllers before Christmas. Kicking myself that I didn't listen to my friend and get from CEX when they were 12 each...

Gonna order from Amazon and hope for the best. Unless anyone has any better ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Do people really believe that the full package wont be in stock until the new year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Someone on Reddit mentioned that they'd love a Spider-man simulator. I thought they were on crack as the motion would be a nightmare. Windlands has proved me wrong. Sure it's rough around the edges but the basic movement mechanics are all there. Not a bad game In itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The game I mentioned the other day Tethered seems to be getting good reviews think I'll pull the trigger later, has anyone played it?

P.s Smyths took the money from my bank on Friday:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Smyths seem to be back in stock with Move controllers but only a few left around the country I think..

Picked up a pair in Claremorris woman was outstanding serving me, system showed 2 but she couldn't find them and looked everywhere , one of the lads working asked her what she was looking for and then told her no don't think we have any...

I mentioned the site was showing stock so she checked the system and saw there was 2 sent from refunds she checked the back or something and she didn't find them then went rooting under the till searching every possible place after a while said they mustnt have them sorry... As I was leaving she searched again then came running saying sorry I found them...

Absolutely delighted not many workers would go that extra mile for the customer... Went into same Smyths to get Lego HP on release, woman just said nope we don't have it we just got BF1 so I checked site for stock went back in and dude was like yeah we have it... It was right under the woman's nose she didn't even bother checking the system or nothing...

Smyths seem to be back in stock with Move controllers but only a few left around the country I think..

Picked up a pair in Claremorris woman was outstanding serving me, system showed 2 but she couldn't find them and looked everywhere , one of the lads working asked her what she was looking for and then told her no don't think we have any...

I mentioned the site was showing stock so she checked the system and saw there was 2 sent from refunds she checked the back or something and she didn't find them then went rooting under the till searching every possible place after a while said they mustnt have them sorry... As I was leaving she searched again then came running saying sorry I found them...

Absolutely delighted not many workers would go that extra mile for the customer... Went into same Smyths to get Lego HP on release, woman just said nope we don't have it we just got BF1 so I checked site for stock went back in and dude was like yeah we have it... It was right under the woman's nose she didn't even bother checking the system or nothing...
    I just can't bring myself to pay €80 when I know there are hundreds in kids bedrooms around the country gathering dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

iamtony wrote: »
    I just can't bring myself to pay €80 when I know there are hundreds in kids bedrooms around the country gathering dust.

So, you're planning on breaking into hundreds of kids bedrooms?

O_o

• Advertisement

I'd rather pay the 80 for 2 New ones than the likes of 50euro for 2 x second hand ones... You also get 2 long usb chargers with the twin pack and none with second hand ones in cex

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'd rather pay the 80 for 2 New ones than the likes of 50euro for 2 x sticky smelly abused second hand ones... You also get 2 long usb chargers with the twin pack and none with second hand ones in cex

FYP :D

Wouldn't the battery on 2nd hand ones be worse too?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

P.s Smyths took the money from my bank on Friday:-(

There you go, like I said it :) They always take what you own, only developers or banker can get away in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was booked for 3.30 to use it today in cork.

Turned up at 20 past 3 and was told it be 5.30 before I use it as they have walk ins before me... 5 of them....

What was the point of making a booking?. I was told by the girl what can you do...

I said go by the bookings is what you can do and not walk ins

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was booked for 3.30 to use it today in cork.

Turned up at 20 past 3 and was told it be 5.30 before I use it as they have walk ins before me... 5 of them....

What was the point of making a booking?. I was told by the girl what can you do...

I said go by the bookings is what you can do and not walk ins

Where is it being demod in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Where is it being demod in Cork?

Gamestop in Patrick St.

Job Simulator looks great but 30euro is steep for a download, I would love to pick up a disk version however..

Is it a long game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Job Simulator looks great but 30euro is steep for a download, I would love to pick up a disk version however..

Is it a long game?
    I played it once for about 10 minutes. I said this is nice and I never played it again. Save your coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So after having this for a few days the camera is the biggest problem for me.

Im sick of everytime i play something i have to move it or sit somewhere else which is less comfortable and ruins the experience.

The perfect place for me would be right in front of my tv but it then tells me im to far away when i sit down on sofa!

I still have to figure it all out because i found out the hard way if you dont sit somewhere comfortable when playing with this you pay for it afterwards!

Brought whole thing down to me ma and da s over the weekend and have to say its just as fun watching others play and seeing the reactions :pac:

So after having this for a few days the camera is the biggest problem for me.

Im sick of everytime i play something i have to move it or sit somewhere else which is less comfortable and ruins the experience.

The perfect place for me would be right in front of my tv but it then tells me im to far away when i sit down on sofa!

I still have to figure it all out because i found out the hard way if you dont sit somewhere comfortable when playing with this you pay for it afterwards!

Brought whole thing down to me ma and da s over the weekend and have to say its just as fun watching others play and seeing the reactions :pac:
    did you try play it with the room darkened? I read on the PlayStation website, the darker the room the better. I can sit on the sofa facing the TV which is about as far as the length the cable allows me to be and it works fine. If theirs a window behind where you are sitting it won't work well when there's light coming through it.

• Advertisement

Is it a long game?

I think most of the games are overpriced at the moment. I'd buy Rez and thumper if they were cheaper but I've read both are very short so I will wait till they drop to about 7.99 or so.

did you try play it with the room darkened? I read on the PlayStation website, the darker the room the better. I can sit on the sofa facing the TV which is about as far as the length the cable allows me to be and it works fine. If theirs a window behind where you are sitting it won't work well when there's light coming through it.

My sitting room tends to be very dark at night so that wasnt the issue anyway.

Its the position of the camera that is the issue. They really should of made it that you could rotate the lens on the camera full 360 because its a ****ing bitch that you can only move the whole thing around in certain directions without it falling over. If you cant get the camera in the right position its ruining the games your playing and causing your whole experience to be a lot of less enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its the position of the camera that is the issue. They really should of made it that you could rotate the lens on the camera full 360 because its a ****ing bitch that you can only move the whole thing around in certain directions without it falling over. If you cant get the camera in the right position its ruining the games your playing and causing your whole experience to be a lot of less enjoyable.

Would something like this help?

31BpEIsOeFL._SX300_.jpg

Link

Otacon wrote: »
    Would something like this help?

31BpEIsOeFL._SX300_.jpg

Link

I dunno maybe ? I think it seems similar enough to stand that comes with camera now . Im finding the position they want you to be in within the box on the screen tends to always be very hard to keep the camera in unless someone stands there holding it ! :pac:

Have you ever messed around with a webcam and you could actually move the lens around and bend the part the cam was stuck to ? That would be perfect for this.

there's a pretty good FAQ section on the PlayStation website maybe you should check it out. Can't say I've had any problems positioning the camera myself. I tend to sit on a sofa that's 45° from the TV and then I just point the camera in that direction. Are you aware you can recentre the heafset by holding options?

there's a pretty good FAQ section on the PlayStation website maybe you should check it out. Can't say I've had any problems positioning the camera myself. I tend to sit on a sofa that's 45° from the TV and then I just point the camera in that direction. Are you aware you can recentre the heafset by holding options?

Yep i do that most times just to double check it.
    I wonder is it a distance issue as well?

I remember getting a message one time saying i wasnt within the correct distance i know my sofa is a bit away from the tv but its not that far!.

So I have Until Dawn, Super Stardust, Kismet (worst game ever) and Pixel Gear (really fun game)..

What 20euro title should I get next ? ... Don't think I'll get windlands or tethered yet... Looking at carnival games vr and possibly tumble vr...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

So I have Until Dawn, Super Stardust, Kismet (worst game ever) and Pixel Gear (really fun game)..

What 20euro title should I get next ? ... Don't think I'll get windlands or tethered yet... Looking at carnival games vr and possibly tumble vr...

Thumper and Rez are the best games if you ask me, both can be played without VR too.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

batman vr, was short but hands down worth it for any batman fans, my favourite vr game to date

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think most of the games are overpriced at the moment. I'd buy Rez and thumper if they were cheaper but I've read both are very short so I will wait till they drop to about 7.99 or so.

They're both well worth their price. They might be short but they are games you replay over and over for better scores and just for the incredible experience.

Advertisement