Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I thought the same but once you play it you figure out it would be pretty much impossible to use the the move as it has no movement controls. It is only really useful to point at stuff. the game needs two analogue sticks to walk and look around. The in game move thingy is locked in place so you just look at stuff and press R2 to pick it up.

Don't understand how pressing the move button couldn't just make your character move straight and then turn with your head to the direction you want to move...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Don't understand how pressing the move button couldn't just make your character move straight and then turn with your head to the direction you want to move...

Sign him up Sony!

Exactly this. It just makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Actually that's a good shout. However, they'll need a controller input to turn your character in VR due to the wire, you wouldn't be able to do 360 degree turns freely because of the wire connecting to the headset. Also, allowing you to turn your back to the controller will likely lead to the obstruction of the Move/DS controllers, hence a loss of motion detection.

I would say you could use the square and triangle buttons to move left and right (as they are situated to the top-left and top-right of the move button).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Sign him up Sony!

Exactly this. It just makes perfect sense

Isn't the whole idea of VR that you can look around independently of the direction you are moving?

The "move forward in direction you are looking" is just what your average FPS does now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Great news for VR today. Following the election result in the US last night there will be a huge increase in demand for a device that allows people to escape from the real world.

Having said that I, for one, welcome our new golden haired nuked up overlord.

• Advertisement

Fian wrote: »
    Great news for VR today. Following the election result in the US last night there will be a huge increase in demand for a device that allows people to escape from the real world.

Having said that I, for one, welcome our new golden haired nuked up overlord.

Pissed off I didn't put a bet down as I knew he'd win... could have got a free PSVR :(

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

mrcheez wrote: »
    Pissed off I didn't put a bet down as I knew he'd win... could have got a free PSVR :(

Someone did :)https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/someone-just-bet-22k-on-trump-to-be-president-763149.html :)

Played Eagle Flight today, not impressed at all, waste of money, IMHO. Robinson is a different story, but moving in the game is quite weird, feeling some kind of motion sickness, need to adjust to it. It looks definitely much better then any other previous games, hope the Pro will add some more details and improve antialiasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Someone did :)https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/someone-just-bet-22k-on-trump-to-be-president-763149.html :)

Played Eagle Flight today, not impressed at all, waste of money, IMHO. Robinson is a different story, but moving in the game is quite weird, feeling some kind of motion sickness, need to adjust to it. It looks definitely much better then any other previous games, hope the Pro will add some more details and improve antialiasing.

Nooooooooo! I was holding out for good reviews of Eagle Flight! Is it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Not that bad, just not my kind of a game, I think, I expected better graphics, its a bit "cartoonish", and I didn't feel the same "flying" as with Eve, I'd like to hear other opinions on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Does anyone else have this they really wanna play it but feel it's an effort to set it all up have to sit a certain way and have a headset on to play a game :-P

Add in the fact you feel all funny when you take it off!

I need to over come this ha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Finally hooked up my psvr last night after getting the pro delivered. Was a long month waiting to use it. Loved it, sense of immersion is very impressive.

Just one question, I'm all hooked up but the social screen isn't working, it is as if the TV doesn't see the hdmi as connected at all. All connections are physically secure tho.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Finally hooked up my psvr last night after getting the pro delivered. Was a long month waiting to use it. Loved it, sense of immersion is very impressive.

Just one question, I'm all hooked up but the social screen isn't working, it is as if the TV doesn't see the hdmi as connected at all. All connections are physically secure tho.

Any ideas?

Do you have to enable HDCP in settings down the bottom somewhere?

Or disable maybe, one or the other I think...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Do you have to enable HDCP in settings down the bottom somewhere?

Or disable maybe, one or the other I think...

It seems to have sorted itself, don't know how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Trackmania VR demo is on the US store . Mehh , I deleted it straight away , but hey , it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

You guys happy with the VR? Reckon it's worth the cash?

jclack wrote: »
    You guys happy with the VR? Reckon it's worth the cash?

Think so, if people have the money to spend on it why not.

Impressive piece of kit for the price, sense of immersion impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Mine is due tommarow. Ordered my vr from Amazon Germany and my camera from. Amazon uk as was quite bit cheaper I think 38 euros for it. Got until dawn for 13 euros as well.

Also got the Ps4 pro there yesterday so can't wait to try everything out tommarow as no idea what to expect with vr as I was post to test it 2 weeks ago in gamestop but they had that done stupid and j would have bad to wait 2 hours after my booking to use it.

I will let everyone know tommarow night what my views on it are :)

Mine is due tommarow. Ordered my vr from Amazon Germany and my camera from. Amazon uk as was quite bit cheaper I think 38 euros for it. Got until dawn for 13 euros as well.

Also got the Ps4 pro there yesterday so can't wait to try everything out tommarow as no idea what to expect with vr as I was post to test it 2 weeks ago in gamestop but they had that done stupid and j would have bad to wait 2 hours after my booking to use it.

I will let everyone know tommarow night what my views on it are :)

Cool, looking at getting the same setup as you (PS4 Pro + PSVR + Camera) so eager to know what the lot is like.

You got the motion sensors too?

What was your total price overall excluding the game?

Cool, looking at getting the same setup as you (PS4 Pro + PSVR + Camera) so eager to know what the lot is like.

You got the motion sensors too?

What was your total price overall excluding the game?

Paid 300 for the vr as I get a discount from Amazon. So 338 with the cam. Then I paid 375 for the pro.

About 720 euros or so for everything. But sold my PS4 a lunch day for 200 so 520 euros it cost me for everything. But sold a load of games I had eg retro ones and that covered the 520 euros.

With the move I had one all ready and got one from adverts for 20 euros. So for me it cost me Notting to upgrade only selling off my GameCube games and boxed pokemon games covered everything and time on adverts

Paid 300 for the vr as I get a discount from Amazon. So 338 with the cam. Then I paid 375 for the pro.

About 720 euros or so for everything.

Are you going to get good headphones to use with it?

I'm thinking of going the full Amazon PSVR starter kit route and getting the

- Turtle Beach - Stealth 350VR Amplified Virtual Reality Gaming Headset (£59.60)
    - Dynamo Charging Station (£29.99)

Hopefully either will be discounted during Black Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Are you going to get good headphones to use with it?

I'm thinking of going the full Amazon PSVR starter kit route and getting the

- Turtle Beach - Stealth 350VR Amplified Virtual Reality Gaming Headset (£59.60)
    - Dynamo Charging Station (£29.99)

Hopefully either will be discounted during Black Friday

dynamo is only on pre order and not released until early/mid December so cant see these being in any black Friday deal

If people seen my desk you understand why I don't need a stand for things haha. Think of a office desk and twice the size of it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I got Tumble VR over the weekend. I read there are about 80 levels in it, I'm on level 24 so far. There's a bit of replay value in it. Each level has a Gold medal to achieve, most have Silver and Bronze also. There are hidden blocks to find around the levels and certain target boxes to hit - if building a tower of blocks, you might have to build off the platform to hit the mark using some creativity or in another level you have a tower where you place mines and have to get any block to land in a certain position or hit a home run with the baseball block on top of the tower. There are obstacles in some levels to overcome and it takes a lot of thinking outside of the box to get past them. I did try google for some tips but luckily there are none out there so you have to get through the levels on your own merit. I thinks its well worth the 10 euro, cheaper than 2 pints! I did find the controller have a bit of a conniption, the game starts buzzing and the controller goes red in VR when it is out of the play area... i sat a good 3m away from the camera, then moved up to about 1.5m away and still the same thing. Its only annoying when you put your arms down at the end of a level waiting for the score to add up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

O! my genesis is $3 on the US or $4 on the Canada store .

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

There isn't a PSVR Launch bundle with camera and move controllers available to buy anywhere from Ireland?

Find it faintly ridiculous the hype about the PSVR and seems like try and look for it online it says sold out until new year on nearly any link I click.....do sony not want to make money on it like lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Just a heads up folks... Tesco Direct seems to have the cheapest prices for all the major Blu-Ray based PSVR titles, I'd look there first if anyone is thinking of picking up a few physical games.

Morshlac wrote: »
    There isn't a PSVR Launch bundle with camera and move controllers available to buy anywhere from Ireland?

Find it faintly ridiculous the hype about the PSVR and seems like try and look for it online it says sold out until new year on nearly any link I click.....do sony not want to make money on it like lol

I got mine from Amazon de. From there warehouse they had loads in stock basically these are returns or boxes with marks on them.

They also have new ones in stock as well for the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Thanks for info...but I have the PS4 just looking to get the PSVR, Camera, move controllers...and whatever game thrown in etc somewhere......for around the 500 mark?
    Not seeing this sort of bundle on amazon de......or was this only an option in the USA..

• Advertisement

Morshlac wrote: »
    Thanks for info...but I have the PS4 just looking to get the PSVR, Camera, move controllers...and whatever game thrown in etc somewhere......for around the 500 mark?
    Not seeing this sort of bundle on amazon de......or was this only an option in the USA..

Going to have to buy everything one by one sadly.

What I did was buy the Vr from the warehouse on Amazon de. They are back in stock for 350 + p and p of 12 euros so 362.

Bought the camera from the English warehouse as was 10 euro cheaper. There 36 pound posted so 42 euros.

Move you can get in gamestop for 35 each new. So 70

475 euros more or less.

Advertisement