Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I have a €100 One4all card to spend on VR games...what to I buy and where do I buy it? Pity Amazon don't accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Tusky wrote: »
    I have a €100 One4all card to spend on Playstation VR games...what to I buy and where do I buy it? Pity Amazon don't accept them.

GameStop accept them, so do Argos.
    What do you currently have?

stevexo wrote: »
    GameStop accept them, so do Argos.
    What do you currently have?

Nothing yet so open to suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got mine there from Amazon and its from the warehouse I can't see how this was even used.....

Everything is still in its plastic haha. Can't wait to 6 to use it for the 1st time :).

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Nothing yet so open to suggestions!

I would suggest Arkham VR and Until Dawn as long as you have the move controllers.
    That's 40 quid right there.
    If I had a voucher, I'd hold off on the rest for Resident Evil 7. I'm not big on buying games at full retail when they are released but would definitely get that on release day if I could knock the price down.
    Plus, going by the Kitchen demo, I don't know how long I'd last in the game to be spending that much on it :)
    Failing that, Robinson looks good, it takes about 3-5 hours to complete and any videos I've seen online for it, everyone is in awe when they start playing. That will take up your remaining 60 quid. Check out a few reviews of it.

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »
    I would suggest Arkham VR and Until Dawn as long as you have the move controllers.
    That's 40 quid right there.
    If I had a voucher, I'd hold off on the rest for Resident Evil 7. I'm not big on buying games at full retail when they are released but would definitely get that on release day if I could knock the price down.
    Plus, going by the Kitchen demo, I don't know how long I'd last in the game to be spending that much on it :)
    Failing that, Robinson looks good, it takes about 3-5 hours to complete and any videos I've seen online for it, everyone is in awe when they start playing. That will take up your remaining 60 quid. Check out a few reviews of it.

I don't have the Move controllers unfortunately. I refuse to pay those crazy prices for them! Thanks for suggestions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I don't have the Move controllers unfortunately. I refuse to pay those crazy prices for them! Thanks for suggestions though.

Keep an eye out for deals on Adverts. I bought a PS3 bundle that came with three move controllers (they wouldn't sell separately) for €100, kept two of the controllers and traded in the rest of the stuff in CeX for €91.80. So I effectively bought two move controllers for €4.10 a piece.

I know that's a bit of bother, but with a degree of shrewness you could bag yourself a bargain.

So i have been playing for Vr. All I can say until dawn I am sitting myself playing it as things are jumping out at me and i don't like haha.

What other games are good vr?. As have 60 euros in my psn account from them Tesco selling off of games

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So i have been playing for Vr. All I can say until dawn I am sitting myself playing it as things are jumping out at me and i don't like haha.

What other games are good vr?. As have 60 euros in my psn account from them Tesco selling off of games

whut?

mrcheez wrote: »
    whut?

Makeing fun of deslexa I wonder do I have to sign all my posts that way from now on?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Been mentioned here but the playroom platformer is excellent, wud pay bucks for a full version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Interesting article about how the Pro improves the PSVR experience

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/nov/14/does-playstation-4-pro-really-improve-virtual-reality-performance

That seals it for me anyway, Pro it is

Anyone with an amazon discount wanna do me a favour and order me a vr?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Played the demo of Here They Lie. Worst graphics of anything I've played so far, really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Played the demo of Here They Lie. Worst graphics of anything I've played so far, really bad.

I think it looks great. Very immersive too, controls can get a bit disorientating though. It gets very intense the further you get into it, really feels like descending into hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Really? They are decent enough in my opinion. I'm considering buying it actually. Though the controls take a little getting used to.

Here they lie made me fell a bit sick when I was playing it just had to stop it so I might have to try the demo again as I did not like the sick felling.

But the best news was I got my girlfirend who hates video games to try it out last night and here is something crazy she loved vr at the start she was like this is strange then I put on the vr world demo of deep sea diving and she felt she was in the ocean and was trying to touch things being honest Haveint we all tryed that?.

So far I have been extremely impressed with it. The games now are more or less tech demos but there fun. I do think games like until dawn we'll be the system sellers proper games that make you jump out of your skin haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Finally played Area X in Rez.

Stop whatever you are doing right now and go play Area X in Rez.

That was my gaming highlight of 2016. HOLY ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Would anyone have any idea when this might be back in stock in Argos/Smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

lawlolawl wrote: »

How much time until Area X? I'm not the fan of the game but I'd like to try Area X, you sound very exited :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Denisoftus wrote: »
    How much time until Area X? I'm not the fan of the game but I'd like to try Area X, you sound very exited :)

It unlocks when you finish the 4th regular level.

I'd never played Rez until i got the PSVR and is definitely one of my favourite games ever at this stage. So simple and yet so brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Barlett wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea when this might be back in stock in Argos/Smyths?
    don't think anyone does...hopefully before christmas?
    personally going to wait till a decent bundle comes out for PSVR with camera and move controllers in store..
    Not paying for 2nd hand tech or cobbling together from overseas sites...tech in general is dodgy enough these days want a come back if breaks etc.....if that takes till new year so be it

lawlolawl wrote: »

How come this isn't available on the likes of Amazon?

How come this isn't available on the likes of Amazon?

Rez is a digital only game on the Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Google Earth VR has released for the VIVE.

Here's hoping it makes it's way to the PSVR now too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Google Earth VR has released for the VIVE.

Here's hoping it makes it's way to the PSVR now too

Saw this earlier, could be a pretty cool thing to get on PSVR :)

Any idea wht it's quite hard to find physical copies of VR games? For example, I can't seem to find Batman in any online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Any idea wht it's quite hard to find physical copies of VR games? For example, I can't seem to find Batman in any online stores.

I thought I read somewhere that they were trying to encourage people to get the digital versions of games because it would be annoying to have to change the disc while wearing the headset etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

That's because there is no physical copy of it... Here They Lie is a hard one to get but there is physical copies, the likes of Batman and Sports bar VR are digital only ...

A shame they didn't make them physical I guess the makers don't want people to sell them on when complete therefore making more money themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its most likely due to the very small number of potential purchasers when compared to the huge customer base that buy physical PS4 games.

It wouldn't be worth their while to choose physical distribution.

Advertisement