Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Its most likely due to the very small number of potential purchasers when compared to the huge customer base that buy physical PS4 games.

It wouldn't be worth their while to choose physical distribution.

This would be my guess as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

And in maybe 5 years time we be like who buys boxed games?. As digtal is so better like once we have our 1000mb download speeds haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

My issue is that if I buy a PSVR and 5 or 6 games...what happens if I want to sell it on in six months? I'd much rather than physical copies.

And for the dude who said there is no physical copies of Batman: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warner-Bros-Games-1000628897-Batman/dp/B01I48X1A0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479597120&sr=8-2&keywords=batman+vr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

And in maybe 5 years time we be like who buys boxed games?. As digtal is so better like once we have our 1000mb download speeds haha.

Doesn't matter how good your internet speed is when PSN is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

I'm a bit torn on the vr right now I just can't seem to play it at all it is good but I feel the novelty has worn off now and I Am thinking of selling it and the games I have also should I wait for psx and see what is around the corner or should I get rid of it I just don't kbow what to do decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm a bit torn on the vr right now I just can't seem to play it at all it is good but I feel the novelty has worn off now and I Am thinking of selling it and the games I have also should I wait for psx and see what is around the corner or should I get rid of it I just don't kbow what to do decisions

I made sure to buy VR worlds so I could have a bash at different types of games and suss out what I like and don't . I like driving sims , but I can see now the issues with motion sickness with these types of games . I really liked the London Heist . I bought Pixel Gear after playing the Heist and I had great fun with that . I have the platinum for that game now . I am actually looking forward to Star trek , Bridge Crew after playing these types of games . I will wait and see what GT7 is like before I buy it , if it is released before I die :p .

At the moment , the onrail games seem to be doing it for me .

I'd wait and see the games that are out in the new year as a lot of the stuff about at the moment is really just extended tech demo's .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I wonder if the improved framerate of the PS 4 Pro would aid with lowering motion sickness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

mrcheez wrote: »
    I wonder if the improved framerate of the PS 4 Pro would aid with lowering motion sickness?

Thats generally what improved frame rate does in VR.

It still depends how prone someone is to motion sickness and the style of the game that is being played. Some games will just be more taxing on players than others. Thats why Sony have a VR comfort guide for each game/experience.

Regarding headphones for the PSVR, I have ones that plug into a USB port: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Surround-Vibration-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B01E71UTSU/

Can I use a USB-to-3.5mm adaptor like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Female-to-AUX-3-5mm-Male-Jack-Plug-Audio-Converter-Adapter-Data-Charge-Cable-/261584622176?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

to get it working with 3D audio?

Regarding headphones for the PSVR, I have ones that plug into a USB port: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Surround-Vibration-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B01E71UTSU/

Can I use a USB-to-3.5mm adaptor like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Female-to-AUX-3-5mm-Male-Jack-Plug-Audio-Converter-Adapter-Data-Charge-Cable-/261584622176?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

to get it working with 3D audio?

anyone know? Should I pick up a USB to 3.5mm adaptor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

anyone know? Should I pick up a USB to 3.5mm adaptor?

Think the only way to get 3D audio is via the headphone jack in the PSVR lead so it's a fair assumption to assume you'll need that adaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have a buyer right here if you decide to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

The young fella is looking for psvr nunchucks is this something kind of controller? He's also looking for the camera.

Can anyone recommend where I could get these? Already have the psvr headset but no idea what nunchucks are and not sure what camera suits

Cheers in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

price690 wrote: »
    The young fella is looking for psvr nunchucks is this something kind of controller? He's also looking for the camera.

Can anyone recommend where I could get these? Already have the psvr headset but no idea what nunchucks are and not sure what camera suits

Cheers in advance

It needs the PS4 camera to function at all and the nunchucks are presumably Move controllers which are currently rather rare and expensive (80ish quid new in most places).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It needs the PS4 camera to function at all and the nunchucks are presumably Move controllers which are currently rather rare and expensive (80ish quid new in most places).

does the camera come as part of the PSVR? will it be hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

PSVR on the Pro by DF

https://youtu.be/kWwLqbutsfM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you dont have Battlefront try grab it in the sales. The X-Wing mission is a PSVR exclusive. Coming in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

If you dont have Battlefront try grab it in the sales. The X-Wing mission is a PSVR exclusive. Coming in December.

Thanks for the heads up - just got Battlefront online for 20 quid at Smyths - click and collect

Is it any good though?

Debating picking up the non DLC version for €15 but i'm not sure about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is it any good though?

Debating picking up the non DLC version for €15 but i'm not sure about it.

Its worth 15 quid.

Bound is €8 in the latest flash sale on PSN. Was waiting for that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Bound is €8 in the latest flash sale on PSN. Was waiting for that :P

Thanks for info, getting that at that price for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Sorry - what do you mean by non dlc version? I reserved a copy at Smyths - will that qualify for the DLC?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Of the ones available, has anyone bothered trying to get any headset/charging stands for the PSVR? Any thoughts on them if so? I'm looking into one as they would be very handy and would clean up the space around the console.

That said, I've seen this one on Amazon and it doesn't look to have great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Nailz wrote: »
    Of the ones available, has anyone bothered trying to get any headset/charging stands for the PSVR? Any thoughts on them if so? I'm looking into one as they would be very handy and would clean up the space around the console.

That said, I've seen this one on Amazon and it doesn't look to have great reviews.

yeah looks like a kinder egg toy according to the reviews :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've managed to get two PS3 Move controllers. Can anyone point me in the direction of the cable I will need to charge them?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

you can charge them with a mini usb the same one that came with the ps3 for the controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

MY son found the motion controller he had from something I bought would that work for the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

MY son found the motion controller he had from something I bought would that work for the PS4

You'll need to give a bit more info, that's very vague

Advertisement