Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Sorry it say Sony PlayStation motion controller and there's a camera there too,will that work for the vr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Sorry it say Sony PlayStation motion controller and there's a camera there too,will that work for the vr

Controller will work but you need 2 with light balls on the end. Id guess the camera is the ps3 eye toy, if so no it wont im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Hi. Does anyone know if I buy a PlayStation VR set in America would it work here and what I would have to do to set it uo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Hi. Does anyone know if I buy a PlayStation VR set in America would it work here and what I would have to do to set it uo

I'd imagine you would just need an adapter for the the plug socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MY son found the motion controller he had from something I bought would that work for the PS4

These will work with VR:

playstation-camera-product-shot-03-ps4-us-06oct16?$TwoColumn_Media$

ps4eyeisaterriblename.png

61Vy1uAXALL._SX425_.jpg

These won't:

51GfYEDNdHL._SX425_.jpg

41mU%2B-jK6eL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Amazon DE are listing the hs vr as back in stock next Monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Otacon wrote: »
    These will work with VR:

playstation-camera-product-shot-03-ps4-us-06oct16?$TwoColumn_Media$

ps4eyeisaterriblename.png

61Vy1uAXALL._SX425_.jpg

These won't:

51GfYEDNdHL._SX425_.jpg

41mU%2B-jK6eL.jpg

The first one with the blue bulb on it ,the one he found has a white one is that the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The first one with the blue bulb on it ,the one he found has a white one is that the same

Yes . The white globe changes colour when powered .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silverwexford

Hi, can ANYONE tell me if it's possible to get a new PSVR in Ireland?

Don't want to buy secondhand (or pay more than €400)?

I have been checking everywhere and cannot find any in stock.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Hi, can ANYONE tell me if it's possible to get a new PSVR in Ireland?

Don't want to buy secondhand (or pay more than €400)?

I have been checking everywhere and cannot find any in stock.

Thanks!

This map shows the Gamestop stores with it in stock.

Thanks for that but Gamestop have none in stock. I emailed them and theyre out all over the country (even though that map says otherwise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Thanks for that but Gamestop have none in stock. I emailed them and theyre out all over the country (even though that map says otherwise!)

Sorry to hear that. It might be worth signing up for alerts if Argos get it in stock.

Thanks! Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Resident Evil VR demo is available now - if you have the demo already then just update it - enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Danick wrote: »
    Resident Evil VR demo is available now - if you have the demo already then just update it - enjoy

Have you tried it yet? Can't wait to

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ceit26

Here's a tip for other stressed-out Santas out there: Amazon Spain still have these in stock. Same price as GameStop + 11 quid for shipping. Pretty much the only ones I've found after some extensive searching.

Just be sure to buy a travel adapter if you don't already have one!

Played the Resident Evil 7 VR demo there for about 10 mins.

Really hoping it's a coincidence, but I started feeling really nauseous while playing and had to stop. This hasn't happened me before with any VR game.

I'm genuinely hoping it's just a coincidence, I have this game pre ordered. And in fairness, it seemed fine to play. Controls are grand, tank turret controls with the right stick. Frame rate was fine, and immersion was really very good.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Played the Resident Evil 7 VR demo there for about 10 mins.

Really hoping it's a coincidence, but I started feeling really nauseous while playing and had to stop. This hasn't happened me before with any VR game.

I'm genuinely hoping it's just a coincidence, I have this game pre ordered. And in fairness, it seemed fine to play. Controls are grand, tank turret controls with the right stick. Frame rate was fine, and immersion was really very good.
    I played it myself, it's shaping up to be a great game. I'm prone to a bit of motion sickness and for me the default controller layout with the 30° at a time is very good at preventing it happening to me anyway.
    Did you do the tutorial? It tells you to not move around too close to walls if you suffer from motion sickness.

iamtony wrote: »
    I played it myself, it's shaping up to be a great game. I'm prone to a bit of motion sickness and for me the default controller layout with the 30° at a time is very good at preventing it happening to me anyway.
    Did you do the tutorial? It tells you to not move around too close to walls if you suffer from motion sickness.

Yup, did the tutorial.

I'm not prone to motion sickness at all though, Ive played a ton of VR stuff and never had it.

I'm just thinking it may have been coincidental

• Advertisement

Yup, did the tutorial.

I'm not prone to motion sickness at all though, Ive played a ton of VR stuff and never had it.

I'm just thinking it may have been coincidental
    When was the last time you used the headset ? I find you have to break yourself back in to using it if you haven't used it in a while.

When was the last time you used the headset ? I find you have to break yourself back in to using it if you haven't used it in a while.

I had been playing Call Of Duty's VR experience earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Picked up Holoball and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes the other day both for 25.50€...

Nominally seems like you need a very big open space to play but I don't have one till I head home for Christmas... Looks good I heard it had or was getting online MP so that would be amazing...

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is amazing fun with friends ... Instructions are however difficult to understand but after loads of goes you get used to it...

When I was purchasing the games my girlfriend said do not buy Journey :P so I guess I'll be getting that for Christmas then...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cant find the update for the resident evil demo anywhere. I have kitchen and i think the 1st part of the other demo and thats it.

Cant find the update for the resident evil demo anywhere. I have kitchen and i think the 1st part of the other demo and thats it.
    Its the other demo, think its called resident evil 7 the first hour, if you have it already installed it should update, if there's space on your drive and then just start the demo with headset on and it offers vr mode.

Its the other demo, think its called resident evil 7 the first hour, if you have it already installed it should update, if there's space on your drive and then just start the demo with headset on and it offers vr mode.

Ya for some reason it hasnt updated for me.

Space on ps4? I had to delete some stuff and then went to notifications and restarted the failed download attempt?

It didn't for me either. I had to manually do it.

Highlight the game, press options and then check for update. That's what I had to do. First attempt at install failed as well, had to do it twice

It didn't for me either. I had to manually do it.

Highlight the game, press options and then check for update. That's what I had to do. First attempt at install failed as well, had to do it twice

ill have a look so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Played Resident Evil- The First Hour this evening for the first time. Really impressed, will try and force update of new version tomorrow.

Very immersive, feels like you're walking about the house. Graphics not bad either.

Advertisement