Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Played Resident Evil- The First Hour this evening for the first time. Really impressed, will try and force update of new version tomorrow.

Very immersive, feels like you're walking about the house. Graphics not bad either.

If it was in VR then you did play the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone try Surgeon Simulator VR? ... Me and my mate where just talking about how awesome it would be on Saturday but I had my VR games bought Friday and didn't check the store Saturday, unreal that it was released then looks like it would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone try Surgeon Simulator VR? ... Me and my mate where just talking about how awesome it would be on Saturday but I had my VR games bought Friday and didn't check the store Saturday, unreal that it was released then looks like it would be great...

Lot of people are complaining online about how bad the controls for this game are. I thought that was kinda the idea of the game anyhow

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lot of people are complaining online about how bad the controls for this game are. I thought that was kinda the idea of the game anyhow

It definately is the idea of the game the first one was so awkward to control but that's what made it funnier I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It definately is the idea of the game the first one was so awkward to control but that's what made it funnier I suppose...

Nah it's borked. The issues aren't there with the vive version and the developers have come out saying they're working on a fix. Till then, avoid.

No one downloaded the battlefront mission yet?

• Advertisement

Nah it's borked. The issues aren't there with the vive version and the developers have come out saying they're working on a fix. Till then, avoid.

No one downloaded the battlefront mission yet?

Is it out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

VR mission is there now, you need to download it as a seperate file and update your game (so download both). I havent updated for a long time so ive nearly 18gb to get through. Wont be playing until tomorrow.

One thing i did do and is worth messing about with is to bump up the distance between eyes settings. When i measure using photos i got 63mm. But was having issues with the blurr.

The test text you read (that says move the headset until this stops being blurry) to set headset position for example would always be blurry at the far sides.

I bumped it right up to 67. No blur, everything is way clearer and looks much crisper, the haze is practically gone and the 3D effect is way more impressive.

Played the Star Wars VR mission there. Amazingly impressive. The sense of scale is awesome inspiring and navigating the X Wing soon becomes second nature.

If this is a sign of things to come, the future is certainly gonna be bright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Now that it's been out a while... is there anyone that has eye strain or other eye problems that are happy with it?
    I'm torn on buying it. I have one eye weaker than the other (so I can't really see much in traditional 3D movies and such, though my day to day vision is fine)... I'm trying to visualise holding my phone 4 inches from my face and I'm struggling to convince myself that I won't have sore eyes and a bursting headache after 5 mins.... it could end up being an expensive ornament.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I don't think holding a phone 4 inches from your face simulates the PSVR experience since it uses lenses etc rather than just having a close-up screen.

Even I'm getting eye strain doing that with my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Now that it's been out a while... is there anyone that has eye strain or other eye problems that are happy with it?
    I'm torn on buying it. I have one eye weaker than the other (so I can't really see much in traditional 3D movies and such, though my day to day vision is fine)... I'm trying to visualise holding my phone 4 inches from my face and I'm struggling to convince myself that I won't have sore eyes and a bursting headache after 5 mins.... it could end up being an expensive ornament.

I have a stigmatism in my left eye so it is weaker than my right. Despite this, PS VR works very well for me.

TBH the only way to tell is to try it out. Are there any kiosks you could go to to test it out?

Purchased How We Soar since Surgeon Simulator got such bad reviews... Hopefully this game is good, also purchased O My Genisis for like €3...

Taking forever to download on this 2mb connect though :(

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Played the Star Wars VR mission there. Amazingly impressive. The sense of scale is awesome inspiring and navigating the X Wing soon becomes second nature.

If this is a sign of things to come, the future is certainly gonna be bright

The cockpit is amazingly clear, great backgrounds and capital ship are quite good when you get close, but the smaller ships really show up the hardware and the lighting is very flat. Not a fan of the combat either, which was just a bit dull - Hold L1 to get a lock and guarantee a hit. I just want the system of the old X-wing/ Tie-fighter games, including energy management. Still, I found it incredibly impressive. I'd love to know if it optimised for the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

The cockpit is amazingly clear, great backgrounds and capital ship are quite good when you get close, but the smaller ships really show up the hardware and the lighting is very flat. Not a fan of the combat either, which was just a bit dull - Hold L1 to get a lock and guarantee a hit. I just want the system of the old X-wing/ Tie-fighter games, including energy management. Still, I found it incredibly impressive. I'd love to know if it optimised for the Pro.

Can I start this mission without playing single player, I have the game, but never had a chance to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Can I start this mission without playing single player, I have the game, but never had a chance to play it.

Yep once you have the patch downloaded 1.11(I think) and then download the VR Experience from the in-game menu or from the PS Store.You can just start the VR exp from one of the main menu tabs,no Battlefront previous gameplay needed.....Just as long as you own the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just tried the x-wing VR demo there, probably my favourite of the "space" games so far.

Weird though, I was just finishing up and getting ready to turn off the VR when the screen started to flicker like mad and def gave a wave of nausea. Will have to be careful with that in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Tried this Starwars VR mission and I must agree - it is good, I like it, still I expected it to be a little longer. Is new one from Resident Evil any good?

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Tried this Starwars VR mission and I must agree - it is good, I like it, still I expected it to be a little longer. Is new one from Resident Evil any good?

Turned it off after five minutes. It gave me the fear. Can't be dealing with that. So yeah, it's effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well I have had PSVR since launch and its still brand spanking new in the box and never opened...Well in 17 days I get to experience VR for the first time in any format.. I just can't wait roll on Christmas Day! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Well I have had PSVR since launch and its still brand spanking new in the box and never opened...Well in 17 days I get to experience VR for the first time in any format.. I just can't wait roll on Christmas Day! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Your self-control is incredible. Well done you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

RedXIV wrote: »
    Your self-control is incredible. Well done you!

Yeah well its only fair to the Mrs, She buys it on the condition I don't use till Christmas day, I'll be up earlier then the kids this year LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is 'Kitchen' the demo I need or should I get the other Resi 7 Demo too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Both now :)

Nailz wrote: »
    Both now :)

Sweet, a mate is bringing over one he got for someone as a gift to "make sure it works".

Kitchen is really very short. Like 2 minutes, and it's more of an experience than a game.

Look for the Beginning Hour demo, that's the main thing, and I think it is pretty scary! There are some great "jump" moments in it, the whole thing feels so suppressible. You can almost smell the musty smell of the rooms

Pixel Gear just got update with local Multiplayer, great game for those who haven't tried it yet ... Probably is kind of repetitive but with local MP added I may just get back to trying to get all those trophies ...

Tried a few demos there, very impressed. Star Wars was really great, best immersion I've had so far. I have a DK2 and the screen is miles better on PSVR. The only problem was the controller spazzing out all time, tell me there's a fix for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tried a few demos there, very impressed. Star Wars was really great, best immersion I've had so far. I have a DK2 and the screen is miles better on PSVR. The only problem was the controller spazzing out all time, tell me there's a fix for that?
    You just have to realise the light bar on the front of the controller needs to be in view of the camera to function properly. The move controller probably has better range as the light is visible from more angles.

iamtony wrote: »
    You just have to realise the light bar on the front of the controller needs to be in view of the camera to function properly. The move controller probably has better range as the light is visible from more angles.

It was right in front. but it seemed to turn around completely in game and start jumping around then. Im sure it'll be fine. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Elite Dangerous coming to PS in Q2 next year. That game is ideal for VR and is really impressive with Oculus rift by all accounts.

I have played the game (and the original version was my favorite computer game from 1984 - 1990 or so) on PC but not seen it in VR - I have seen enough to know it would be great in VR though.

Advertisement