Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fian wrote: »
    Elite Dangerous coming to PS in Q2 next year. That game is ideal for VR and is really impressive with Oculus rift by all accounts.

I have played the game (and the original version was my favorite computer game from 1984 - 1990 or so) on PC but not seen it in VR - I have seen enough to know it would be great in VR though.

Isn't that maybe coming? They are just investigating the feasibility of the port. I hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Isn't that maybe coming? They are just investigating the feasibility of the port. I hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

There hasn't been any indication that Elite: Dangerous will be coming to PSVR yet unfortunately, hence the lack of PSVR slash screen in the above trailer. It would be incredible being able to play it in VR, and it would be particularly impressive if they can support it in VR.

Here's a quote from Edward Lewis, the community manager at Frontier (the developers) from their forums:
    We obviously really love VR, and Elite was one of the first and best (in my opinion!) VR games, so we're looking into it, but we've got nothing to announce today...

It looks like a possibility, without promising anything of course. Having Elite: Dangerous and Resi 7 both coming in the first half of next year would be a massive feather in PSVR's cap, it could truly bring the headset (and VR in general) further into the mainstream.

Farpoint, GT: Sport, and a few others are all coming out around the same period also. Thankfully it's looking that we have plenty to look forward to over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Looks like this news is a few weeks old at this stage, surprised it went under my radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Finance eh?

Waste of time that site, checkout error every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Started the Star wars battlefront mission and none of the front lights came on, they did in the end but was freaking out for a bit.

Finance eh?

Waste of time that site, checkout error every single time.

Completely sold out now . I was at checkout earlier with one of the bundles throug parcel wizard . I didn't go through wigh it as I have one though .

Wasn't sold out earlier but gimped out a checkout each time, wouldn't even save my basket. Then it was all sold out. Shame really, they had a pay every month option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It wasn't a particularly cheap bundle correct? The only benefit being that you could actually GET a PSVR?

It was pretty standard price only the bundle seems to include 2 cameras for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vipervillain

is there any way to get a psvr even by paying above the retail price does anyone know?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Adverts or CEX but I'd still keep a keen eye on http://www.hotukdeals.com/ as people tend to put it up there as soon as they see one in stock.

Also register for e-mail alerts on this site, this site actaully helped me track a snow glow elsa during that crazy hype

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-playstation-vr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Starting to wonder am I ever going to feel comfortable playing games on this.....

Stuck on the latest resident evil demo there and had to turn it off after few minutes cause taught was going to throw up cause the way the screen moves!

Is it really worth paying so much money and you can't even enjoy the experience?

I really want to buy this game in January but starting to doubt even having the vr headset in general.

I love gaming and I love being able throw game on anytime and just get into it can never do that with VR it's always some sort of discomfort.

Starting to wonder am I ever going to feel comfortable playing games on this.....

Stuck on the latest resident evil demo there and had to turn it off after few minutes cause taught was going to throw up cause the way the screen moves!

Is it really worth paying so much money and you can't even enjoy the experience?

I really want to buy this game in January but starting to doubt even having the vr headset in general.

I love gaming and I love being able throw game on anytime and just get into it can never do that with VR it's always some sort of discomfort.

Have you calibrated the headset to your eye width ?

The setting is in the " settings , VR , set eye distance " (or close to ) on the main screen .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Re sickness on Resident Evil, look in the direction you want to move in and use left stick then. Don't use right stick so much as that swings too fast and you'll get dizzy that way. Took a min or two to get accustomed to it and then no issues.

You might have been doing this anyway but said I'd suggest just in case.

Just take ur time moving about.

I haven't messed to much with whole the distance thing cause don't really understand it.

I've never felt sick so quickly as did this time. Usually my eyes would just feel bit tired and fuzzy.

I changed a few settings on Resident evil that it move slower but think the damage was done before hand.

I just really don't want to feel so crap trying play the games on this.

I've played rez and rush of blood and was fairly ok with it though until just had to take a break as normally do with VR.

I haven't messed to much with whole the distance thing cause don't really understand it.

I've never felt sick so quickly as did this time. Usually my eyes would just feel bit tired and fuzzy.

I changed a few settings on Resident evil that it move slower but think the damage was done before hand.

I just really don't want to feel so crap trying play the games on this.

I've played rez and rush of blood and was fairly ok with it though until just had to take a break as normally do with VR.

When you use the setting to measure your eye width , it taylors the the experience to your eye width . Give it a go . You might be surprised how much of a difference it makes to the experience .
    Watch it from about 5 mins ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Definitely recommend the eye width thing. I was out by about 4mm and the difference was noticable. far less fuzziness.

• Advertisement

Thanks ill have a look! Not putting it back on now though because i feel fairly crap still :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

IDK, I've played the RE VR demo for hours now and I love it. Maybe it's just you (I only changed the eye distance in the past few days myself, makes the psvr even better)? Can't wait for RE7B in January.

Personally I haven't had the motion sickness some people have spoken about. I've heard about it before I'd try certain games thinking maybe I'd feel sick while playing but I've been absolutely fine.

Maybe some people can't play certain VR games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Messed about with the PC driver and got it working. For some reason Windows 10 doesn't display Steam VR on the headset unless you have the headset set to be the main display before launching it.

Otherwise it was pretty easy to set up and works pretty well. The tracking is good, I had a quick go on Google Earth and the Steam VR tutorial until it needed me to do something with the controllers then I was goosed.

Will need to download a few other bits and bobs to see how it performs.

So i messed about with the eye width and again its coming back to the ****ing issue with the camera placement on top of my tv in front of where i sit.

Seriously at this stage its becoming a situation where i really feel with the current technology its more hassle then its worth for the 600 plus euro ive spent on it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Is there any way to get another move controller? They seem to be sold out everywhere, are the plans to release an updated version?

Messed about with the PC driver and got it working. For some reason Windows 10 doesn't display Steam VR on the headset unless you have the headset set to be the main display before launching it.

Otherwise it was pretty easy to set up and works pretty well. The tracking is good, I had a quick go on Google Earth and the Steam VR tutorial until it needed me to do something with the controllers then I was goosed.

Will need to download a few other bits and bobs to see how it performs.

How is it with the positional tracking, is it like DK1 or can you lean in to look at stuff like normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How is it with the positional tracking, is it like DK1 or can you lean in to look at stuff like normal?

hmm I didn't take notice. Google Earth I couldn't lean but I reckon that was more a limitation of Google Earth than the headset. I didn't really have a chance to do much with it, it was too late by the time I got it working.

On a side note just played Resident Evil 7 demo, that is crazy good. Played twice and didn't make it out of the house either time. If you replay it and try to do things in a different order it changes a little. I got into a whole new area I missed the first time when I approached it in a different order.

But first time in a long time I was genuinely panicking. I was walking around the house and it was scary, I got caught with the few jump scares that gave me a shock, but the "basement" really scared the poop out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

just to note for people desperately looking for xmas presents - those PSVRs are backordered and due to come into stock on January 2nd, then delivery would follow.

Edit: Seems from post below I stand corrected.

• Advertisement

Fian wrote: »
    just to note for people desperately looking for xmas presents - those PSVRs are backordered and due to come into stock on January 2nd, then delivery would follow.

No .

these where openbox items that where in stock . That message on the right of each item informing you that the general stock of NEW sealed items are expected in the new year .

Actually ... 2 left now .

Advertisement