Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

these where openbox items that where in stock . That message on the right of each item informing you that the general stock of NEW sealed items are expected in the new year .

I got one of these couple weeks ago. Unused apart from dent in box.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

There was a Bargain Alert thread on Saturday for PC World/Currys for the Logitech G29 steering wheel and pedals for a daily deal.
    Needless to say, I ended up with one clamped to my coffee table...
    Decided to buy Driveclub VR last night after trying out the wheel on standard Driveclub for a couple of nights.
    I must say its great craic, I had no issues with motion sickness and the graphics in the distance didnt bother me because you are concentrating on where you are on the track not the scenery.
    On one track, I was overtaking another driver just after a corner and at the bottom of a hill so realised I had a bit of time while picking up speed. I looked out the window, grinned and gave him the finger, as you do! Only to turn back to the wheel to continue driving and get completely disorientated and swerved the car, nearly lost first place. I love it.
    On another track, I was overtaking the leader again on a straight, so I decide to stick my head out the window and look through my opponents car... this time the arm rest on the couch got in my way, exactly where their car was! haha I jumped back into my own car and continued on.

I love these situations where you can do anything you want in VR. I've yet to step out of the car completely while driving it, that'll be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

stevexo wrote: »
    There was a Bargain Alert thread on Saturday for PC World/Currys for the Logitech G29 steering wheel and pedals for a daily deal.
    Needless to say, I ended up with one clamped to my coffee table...
    Decided to buy Driveclub VR last night after trying out the wheel on standard Driveclub for a couple of nights.
    I must say its great craic, I had no issues with motion sickness and the graphics in the distance didnt bother me because you are concentrating on where you are on the track not the scenery.
    On one track, I was overtaking another driver just after a corner and at the bottom of a hill so realised I had a bit of time while picking up speed. I looked out the window, grinned and gave him the finger, as you do! Only to turn back to the wheel to continue driving and get completely disorientated and swerved the car, nearly lost first place. I love it.
    On another track, I was overtaking the leader again on a straight, so I decide to stick my head out the window and look through my opponents car... this time the arm rest on the couch got in my way, exactly where their car was! haha I jumped back into my own car and continued on.

I love these situations where you can do anything you want in VR. I've yet to step out of the car completely while driving it, that'll be interesting.

I had heard that drive club vr wasn't great. You're making me reconsider!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Does anybody know any place where this on demo,like smyths or a game shop in Limerick , Clare would probably travel to Galway.
    It's a lot of dough to be spending , I'd like to try it first.
    Personally would love to see a Gran turismo released in VR.
    With a seat and wheel If it's like your sitting in the cockpit and when you turn your head as described above so that you are looking around the cockpit and out the windows.
    That would be sick and push me to buy a whole setup.

I had heard that drive club vr wasn't great. You're making me reconsider!

I had played the demo and didn't like the tracks in that, mainly the one in Japan. I was using the standard controller so it hadn't appealed to me at all even though I bought the season pass to get the VR game discounted.
    The wheel makes all the difference.
    I had Spotify playing through the headphones also for proper tunes - you have to tweak the volume of the Spotify app to be a lot lower than you normally would have it to hear the sfx from the car in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Played the Star Wars VR mission there. Amazingly impressive. The sense of scale is awesome inspiring and navigating the X Wing soon becomes second nature.

If this is a sign of things to come, the future is certainly gonna be bright

Is this a free demo or does it need the normal game to be purchased too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

XsApollo wrote: »
    Does anybody know any place where this on demo,like smyths or a game shop in Limerick , Clare would probably travel to Galway.
    It's a lot of dough to be spending , I'd like to try it first.
    Personally would love to see a Gran turismo released in VR.
    With a seat and wheel If it's like your sitting in the cockpit and when you turn your head as described above so that you are looking around the cockpit and out the windows.
    That would be sick and push me to buy a whole setup.
    GT Sport will be VR compatible (once it's released).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nailz wrote: »

When he looked to the left and up, that sealed it for me experience-wise in regards to being "in the game" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Nailz wrote: »

Well that's that then :-P

Does anyone have their own reviews or experiences to share with different games?
    I've Driveclub VR above and Tumble VR back a few pages.
    Any regrets buying games and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

stevexo wrote: »
    Does anyone have their own reviews or experiences to share with different games?
    I've Driveclub VR above and Tumble VR back a few pages.
    Any regrets buying games and why?

Pixel gear is fun if you have a move controller . It's probably the best fun I've had on the VR so far , after the Heist ...maybe .

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Why haven't Sony released a PS4 Pro VR bundle including the camera and move controllers in Europe? I'd imagine if they did it would be slightly cheaper than having to buy everything separate, having said that slightly cheaper would still be over the €1000 mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Why haven't Sony released a PS4 Pro VR bundle including the camera and move controllers in Europe? I'd imagine if they did it would be slightly cheaper than having to buy everything separate, having said that slightly cheaper would still be over the €1000 mark!

They've barely had enough stock of the PSVR on its own, let alone in a bundle. I imagine we'll see it in the new year when things settle down. Hopefully some PS4 Pro bundles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

iMac Hunt wrote: »

Ps4 pro is 400, vr is 400, move controllers are 80, not sure about the camera but I think it's 50 - 100. Even separately they're less than 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am a bit on the wall about selling my VR as i paid only 330 euros for it anyway. As being honest i only used it for the 1st 3 days i got it and thats it and has been sitting there for the past month looking at me going will i use it ?. Or will i just play something with out having to go to so much effort to play a game ha.

Put it up for sale and getting crazy offers for it. So thinking of selling and buying it at a later date again. As a few of the games do make me fell sick while playing it. So a bit up the walls what to do with it. As don't need the money so confused haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Holy ****, Bound is ****ing beautiful.

Dat character movement :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

I am a bit on the wall about selling my VR as i paid only 330 euros for it anyway. As being honest i only used it for the 1st 3 days i got it and thats it and has been sitting there for the past month looking at me going will i use it ?. Or will i just play something with out having to go to so much effort to play a game ha.

Put it up for sale and getting crazy offers for it. So thinking of selling and buying it at a later date again. As a few of the games do make me fell sick while playing it. So a bit up the walls what to do with it. As don't need the money so confused haha.

Am interested in buying it if you like, will give a little over rrp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

VR worlds is 25euro in smyths anyone who does Not own you would be making a mistake not to pick up this especially before xmas... Can get such good fun with it with family...

VR worlds is 25euro in smyths anyone who does Not own you would be making a mistake not to pick up this especially before xmas... Can get such good fun with it with family...

Driveclub VR is €20 now . I just got it in Waterford Smyths.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-692/coming-soon-playstation-4/p-21123/driveclub-vr-ps4/?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Same price drops in argos as well for both driveclub and VR Worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Seems to be a nice price cut across all PSVR titles now on Amazon, Smyths, and Argos.

What I've seen (If you have amazon Prime the prices are about €2-€5 less).

Drive Club €20
    Rush of Blood €20
    Eve Valkyrie €35
    Rigs €35
    Robinson €35
    Loading Human €35
    Battlezone €35

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seeing now on Reddit that Youtube has been updated with PSVR support (at work now so can't confirm)

reports are that the 360 videos look terrible, as they are filmed at 1080p, but that image is stretched around 360 degrees, making them look very blurry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seeing now on Reddit that Youtube has been updated with PSVR support (at work now so can't confirm)

reports are that the 360 videos look terrible, as they are filmed at 1080p, but that image is stretched around 360 degrees, making them look very blurry

apparently if you use 4k 360 vids they look much better

I was weary of buying Driveclub as the reviews where crap stating that the motion sickness was quite bad , but using the steering wheel with the game is great fun ( I use a t150 ) . I notice some quick motion feelings if I go into reverse after a spin or look sideways out of a corner , but it ain't as half as bad as I was lead to believe after seeing some reviews online .

The out of car graphics are terrible though . Dull and void of colour .

Good fun .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Totally agree - Driveclub VR is amazing with a wheel - I am a casual gamer and love using the G29 with Driveclub. I suffer from motion sickness but I have used it for a few minutes longer every time I use it - I can now play it for an hour without any problems at all.

Does anyone know if an upgrade to the PS4 Pro would improve the visuals in this game? Has Driveclub VR pushed the PSVR to its limits or can we expect better graphics from the next GT game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Danick wrote: »
    Totally agree - Driveclub VR is amazing with a wheel - I am a casual gamer and love using the G29 with Driveclub. I suffer from motion sickness but I have used it for a few minutes longer every time I use it - I can now play it for an hour without any problems at all.

Does anyone know if an upgrade to the PS4 Pro would improve the visuals in this game? Has Driveclub VR pushed the PSVR to its limits or can we expect better graphics from the next GT game?
    It does very very slightly improve the graphics but you wouldn't notice it unless you see a side by side comparison. It might be something like an extra tree or something that isn't shown on the normal system. I have to say I'm happy with the graphics. Its obviously not as good as the real game but still great. I'm not a graphics whore though and the game play is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks for that - I won't rush out and get a pro - instead I'll wait for the right bundle to come along - I'm not a graphics whore either - I still happily play my megadrive so an extra tree in Driveclub wouldn't be worth my while at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I won't rush out and get a pro - instead I'll wait for the right bundle to come along - I'm not a graphics whore either - I still happily play my megadrive so an extra tree in Driveclub wouldn't be worth my while at the moment.

I don't think there's even that tree. Ive yet to see any real Evidence that driveclub benefits from the pro. It's mostly anecdotal. It won't get a pro patch either. Big difference with Eve though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Seems to be a nice price cut across all PSVR titles now on Amazon, Smyths, and Argos.

What I've seen (If you have amazon Prime the prices are about €2-€5 less).

Drive Club €20
    Rush of Blood €20
    Eve Valkyrie €35
    Rigs €35
    Robinson €35
    Loading Human €35
    Battlezone €35

I think someone bought Robinson for me for Christmas for 60euro ... Hope they still have receipt... If you have receipt for say Argos and the price drops before Christmas do they refund the difference or would you have to leave back and rebuy?

Advertisement