Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think someone bought Robinson for me for Christmas for 60euro ... Hope they still have receipt... If you have receipt for say Argos and the price drops before Christmas do they refund the difference or would you have to leave back and rebuy?

Leave back and re-buy I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ordered Drive club and EVE from Amazon. Neither seem to be overly amazing but for €50 it should keep me going until Resident Evil is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Driveclub down to 20 and VR Worlds down to 30 on PSN now until Jan 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ending up selling my vr today have no use for it at all used it for the week I got it and that's it 5 weeks ago.

Sold it for 600 euros with the camera.

The amount of time wasters around selling it was nuts u give you 200 euros for it. As after xmess will drop. I only have 300 euros as I have 3 kids and one is sick.

Never again will I have seen this much if a problem selling something.

Also got called a scammer on my adverts adds all of them from someone who never showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Ending up selling my vr today have no use for it at all used it for the week I got it and that's it 5 weeks ago.

Sold it for 600 euros with the camera.

The amount of time wasters around selling it was nuts u give you 200 euros for it. As after xmess will drop. I only have 300 euros as I have 3 kids and one is sick.

Never again will I have seen this much if a problem selling something.

Also got called a scammer on my adverts adds all of them from someone who never showed up.

I'm after selling 2 of them so far to Cex . It saves all the crap with having to deal with some of the muppets on Adverts and I made a nice profit .

• Advertisement

I'm after selling 2 of them so far to Cex . It saves all the crap with having to deal with some of the muppets on Adverts and I made a nice profit .

Tell me about it only for retro games I use adverts other then that sleight to cex as you don't get fools. I rather take 5 euros less then deal with headache of people on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is this living up to people's expectations in terms of play time. I think the tech is there but it seems it's just a little more than a 15 minute novelty at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is this living up to people's expectations in terms of play time. I think the tech is there but it seems it's just a little more than a 15 minute novelty at the moment.

I put about 10 hours into Rez so far and i'm not finished. Played a good few hours of Tumble as well as a couple of hours a piece on other stuff.

If you are a poop-socker who plays games for 9 hours a day, you'll burn through the worthwhile stuff fairly quickly but i still have stuff to play on it and i bought it the weekend it launched :D

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I put about 10 hours into Rez so far and i'm not finished. Played a good few hours of Tumble as well as a couple of hours a piece on other stuff.

If you are a poop-socker who plays games for 9 hours a day, you'll burn through the worthwhile stuff fairly quickly but i still have stuff to play on it and i bought it the weekend it launched :D

I agree. I am a very casual player ( I have 2 teens and we're all fighting to get on the PS4 ) . An hour or two at a time with the VR is fine to keep me going with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads,

Loving my headset so far, but wanted to ask a quick question. My Youtube app updated and said it should be able to play 360 videos? Is there a special way to do that? I tried a few of the videos but they all just played as if they were playing on a big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Probably a stupid question but is there a way to extend the play area? I sit further than 10 feet from my PS4 so it keeps putting me out of the play zone

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WeirdKen

.ak wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but is there a way to extend the play area? I sit further than 10 feet from my PS4 so it keeps putting me out of the play zone

It's based on your camera position so maybe you can move that closer than the ps4. I don't think you can extend the range from the camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bought two second hand move controllers but one of them won't charge. Seems to be a well known issue with them. Can anyone advice on how to go about buying/replacing the batteries in them?

Tusky wrote: »
    Bought two second hand move controllers but one of them won't charge. Seems to be a well known issue with them. Can anyone advice on how to go about buying/replacing the batteries in them?

Did you reset the controller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I got two from CEX and they wouldn't charge until I reset them - now they work perfectly and keep a pretty decent charge - hope it works out for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Batman VR is incredible :D I know it will be relatively short, but I was sitting there grinning so much while playing it. I desperately want a full game of it now, as unlikely as that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Did you reset the controller ?
    Danick wrote: »
    I got two from CEX and they wouldn't charge until I reset them - now they work perfectly and keep a pretty decent charge - hope it works out for you.

How do I reset them? First I've heard of it.

Tusky wrote: »
    How do I reset them? First I've heard of it.

Small hole on rear under sticker . Press and hold for a few seconds with a thin item .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone have issues with the VR not displaying on the TV?
    My setup is PS4 -> TV -> Surround sound

On some games only menu screens show up in the TV, but sound is fine always.
    Rush of blood demo tends to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not sure if surgeon simulator got updated before Christmas because I heard nothing but bad things about it... But damm I got it on Christmas day and have taken it to houses for people to play and it is one of the best VR games out there... Great for party crowd... If i was playing the launch game I am extremely annoyed with reviewers because they clearly can't see how much fun this game could be...

Whereas I am pretty sure another game I got how we soar got amazing reviews but tends to not impress me...

Personally I would rate surgeon simulator 7/10 possibly 8/10...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Batman VR is incredible :D I know it will be relatively short, but I was sitting there grinning so much while playing it. I desperately want a full game of it now, as unlikely as that is.

Bought Batman yesterday and started playing it Initially I was blown away, that seen with the parents is so cool, but then it went downhill when i had to use the move controllers, they are so clunky to the point where i gave up playing. I calibrated the controllers but still no improvement, it was the same in job simulator and London heist., Rush of blood was fine though. I wonder am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not sure if surgeon simulator got updated before Christmas because I heard nothing but bad things about it... But damm I got it on Christmas day and have taken it to houses for people to play and it is one of the best VR games out there... Great for party crowd... If i was playing the launch game I am extremely annoyed with reviewers because they clearly can't see how much fun this game could be...

Whereas I am pretty sure another game I got how we soar got amazing reviews but tends to not impress me...

Personally I would rate surgeon simulator 7/10 possibly 8/10...

SS got updated last week. Agree on Eagle flight. It's looks better now with the Pro patch, but there's still a distinct lack of depth - as in feels completely flat - which is really odd. It's the only VR game I have which feels this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Bought Batman yesterday and started playing it Initially I was blown away, that seen with the parents is so cool, but then it went downhill when i had to use the move controllers, they are so clunky to the point where i gave up playing. I calibrated the controllers but still no improvement, it was the same in job simulator and London heist., Rush of blood was fine though. I wonder am I doing something wrong?

Think you might be doing something wrong. I've found the move controllers to be very good in VR. Have played the batman vr game and so have a few friends and no complaints.

Think you might be doing something wrong. I've found the move controllers to be very good in VR. Have played the batman vr game and so have a few friends and no complaints.

Yeah its weird I tried rush of blood first and that was fine maybe I messed something up in between playing ROB and Batman. I might reset them and re-calibrate again. Must admit when they were working properly in rush of blood they were very accurate and really helped with the immersion.

Lord TSC wrote: »

OK so I re positioned my camera to below the tv and re calibrated the VR and move controllers and all was fine last night. Tried batman again and WOW that game is stunning and amazing, Can't wait to finish work today to jump back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Resident evil be the last chance for this. If i cant enjoy / feel comfortable playing that game ill be selling it cause otherwise its an expensive dust collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I think VR will just be a feature of ps4 games instead of full on min 10hour games. I'm OK with that but I'm getting the sense that many are not. How's VR on PC doing?

I had a vr fantasic system.

Issue I had games made me sick when I played longer then 20 mins and my eyes used to see things moving after was so strange.

Ended up selling it as it was gaining dust used the money to words my new 58 inch HDR 10 bit TV as I rather have a good tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I think VR will just be a feature of ps4 games instead of full on min 10hour games. I'm OK with that but I'm getting the sense that many are not. How's VR on PC doing?

It doesn't bother me if its only bit part in a lot of games for now the main issue for me is the fact for the money it costs as an overall package its not something you can just pick up and play.

The camera is a joke unless you dedicate your whole room / setup to it and even then. You go to the bother of setting it up before playing and it still ends up drifting during a game. Less then half of the content ive played i was able for and even then my neck starting to get sore after a while because of the way i had to sit cause of the viewing distance.

Everything else made me feel like utter ****e and i dont usually suffer from motion sickness. This is mainly down to anything dark in games being very blurry and the general movement seems off in a lot of games and god help you if you get a grey screen at any point because your eyes will melt :pac:

Its very irritating that you pay 600 euro for something and you cant just throw it on and play when you want.

• Advertisement

It doesn't bother me if its only bit part in a lot of games for now the main issue for me is the fact for the money it costs as an overall package its not something you can just pick up and play.

The camera is a joke unless you dedicate your whole room / setup to it and even then. You go to the bother of setting it up before playing and it still ends up drifting during a game. Less then half of the content ive played i was able for and even then my neck starting to get sore after a while because of the way i had to sit cause of the viewing distance.

Everything else made me feel like utter ****e and i dont usually suffer from motion sickness. This is mainly down to anything dark in games being very blurry and the general movement seems off in a lot of games and god help you if you get a grey screen at any point because your eyes will melt :pac:

Its very irritating that you pay 600 euro for something and you cant just throw it on and play when you want.

I just got mine on Christmas Day and while it certainly takes some tweaking to get up and running its been a dream come true since. Motion sickness does seem to be per individual and I haven't experienced any apart from Jackal assault which was minor but my wife did and my friend was very bad after playing x-wing. It's not going to be for everyone but if its working well for you and your don't get motion sickness VR is stunning and definitely the next step in gaming for me.

Advertisement