Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I just got mine on Christmas Day and while it certainly takes some tweaking to get up and running its been a dream come true since. Motion sickness does seem to be per individual and I haven't experienced any apart from Jackal assault which was minor but my wife did and my friend was very bad after playing x-wing. It's not going to be for everyone but if its working well for you and your don't get motion sickness VR is stunning and definitely the next step in gaming for me.

I really like playing Rez and Unitl dawn i didnt have to much issues sickness wise with them other then just general uncomfortable feeling playing for to long.

The worst was the very first night i got it and then playing the latest Resident evil demo before i fixed the camera panning settings on the controller. It wasn't my eyes or anything it was just pure sickness. I am still having constant issues with the camera being on top of my tv even though sofa is right in front of it and not that far away. A lot closer then it actually was.

Ive tried a few different things now and it always seems to drift mid game or i find i have to sit forward in the chair looking slightly up or down throwing my own sense of where im actually sitting off giving you a general weird feeling.

This is what i mean by not being able to just ''throw it on and play''

Ultimately this is whats turning me off the headset in general its not like just turning on your machine and playing for as long as you want being able to just sit back in your chair and take it all in.

You have to put on this headset that messes with your eyes your orientation and forces you to either sit right in front of the camera or forward in your chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has Robinson The Journey been removed from Smyths catalogue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My mother isn't that into games. Like...the last one she played was when I was five and asked her to do a scary part of Ghosts and Ghouls for me :pac:

I stuck the headset on her and set Batman going...and she is in love with it and wants to keep playing :D

VR is so amazing for people with little interest in gaming. Seems to make them realise the potential instantly.

Are there any actual games on this or are they more "experiences"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Are there any actual games on this or are they more "experiences"?

It has Rez Infinite and that's all that matters.
    Yeah, plenty of games available, Google 'em. Also, Resident Evil 7 in less than a month :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Fallout 4 on PC running on PSVR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih6TMh2uCsU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Some nice discounts in the January sale on PSN.

Picked up Gun jack, which is set in the Eve universe. It plays like Galaga or Space Invaders, something along those lines. 10 missions in total, for 4.99

Also picked up Driveclub vr for 19.99 and Surgeon Simulator (not discounted I don't think). Seems like a bit of craic, but I keep killing my guy. Had a lot of trouble figuring out the calibration at the start. Had to raise my camera up high to get it working right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Some nice discounts in the January sale on PSN.

Picked up Gun jack, which is set in the Eve universe. It plays like Galaga or Space Invaders, something along those lines. 10 missions in total, for 4.99

Also picked up Driveclub vr for 19.99 and Surgeon Simulator (not discounted I don't think). Seems like a bit of craic, but I keep killing my guy. Had a lot of trouble figuring out the calibration at the start. Had to raise my camera up high to get it working right.

Driveclub is a steal at €20, picked up sportsbar vr for €13. Still the best bang for buck that I paid so far though is werewolves within at €30 such a great game so easy to get lost in that for hours on end.

Sooo been offered 600 euro for psvr camera and two second half move controllers would I be mad to say no?

Any word on these coming into stock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sooo been offered 600 euro for psvr camera and two second half move controllers would I be mad to say no?

But over priced to be fair as they have dropped in prove quite a lot since xmess

Sold. My girlfirend firend one with 2 games and 2 move controllers and the vr for 540 and that was a hard sell.

That was a few days ago.

But over priced to be fair as they have dropped in prove quite a lot since xmess

Sold. My girlfirend firend one with 2 games and 2 move controllers and the vr for 540 and that was a hard sell.

That was a few days ago.

Once there out of stock gonna keep getting offers.

I turned it down in end cause i still wanna give Resident evil a chance. Hope dont regret it now!

I seen the move controllers going online for at least 100 for just the two of them!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Enjoyed the VR once I managed to get it set up and the camera in the right place. There doesn't seem to be many physical disc games available but that the same with most new consoles and I'm looking forward to see how the VR will be by next Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Once there out of stock gonna keep getting offers.

I turned it down in end cause i still wanna give Resident evil a chance. Hope dont regret it now!

I seen the move controllers going online for at least 100 for just the two of them!.

There very easy to get PS vr now just go look at Amazon sites around the world.

There on Amazon Germany now in the warehouse for 375 have seen them there for 350. My one that I sold came from there and was never used just marks on the box.

Cameras are easy to get as well all. Amazons have them in Stock in there warehouses

Then the move controllers only hard ones to get rid of

There very easy to get PS vr now just go look at Amazon sites around the world.

There on Amazon Germany now in the warehouse for 375 have seen them there for 350. My one that I sold came from there and was never used just marks on the box.

Cameras are easy to get as well all. Amazons have them in Stock in there warehouses

Then the move controllers only hard ones to get rid of

Theres obviously a lot in Ireland who dont know this if you see the offers people are getting online!.

One way or another if i can get the camera sorted and enjoy Resident evil ill stick with it and go forward hopefully!.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Enjoyed the VR once I managed to get it set up and the camera in the right place. There doesn't seem to be many physical disc games available but that the same with most new consoles and I'm looking forward to see how the VR will be by next Christmas.

What issues where you having with camera out interested and what did you do to fix it?

Camera has been one my main problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Have any tested the PSVR with Steam ? Very intrigued by this. Might just end up buying a PSVR and use it with my PC instead of buying a Pro??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What issues where you having with camera out interested and what did you do to fix it?

Camera has been one my main problems.

Just finding a place to put it in my room so It was able to fit me in where I normally sit and play games and moving it around from on top of the TV to the bottom I have placed the camera a few inches away at a slight angle from the bottom of my TV so I don' t have to move from my chair.

Ya I dunno weather be better have on top or bottom my TV.

I could literally sit right in front of it and it will point to far right of me.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Have any tested the PSVR with Steam ? Very intrigued by this. Might just end up buying a PSVR and use it with my PC instead of buying a Pro??

Only tested it for a few mins never got playing anything past the steam VR demo thing. Worked really well and they have been refining it with updates.

You can play any vr game and also any fps using mouse mode. So gives lots of options. Early days but promising.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to resident evil now god i hope i can play it without feeling sick i really want to be able to enjoy this ****ing thing :pac:.

Ive looked everywhere at improving the camera but always see same stuff gonna play around with it bit more before game comes out cause i dont wanna have to go to hassle of selling this even though its annoyed me more then gave me enjoyment so far.

Saying that i have had good moments to just not enough for 600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ohh man Resident Evil 7 is going to be amazing, should start playing RE6 again haven't completed it yet got it a while ago on sale...

There is also a candle scented of old timber and blood as official merch to improve VR wonder would it be worth it :p ...

18 days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Looking forward to resident evil now god i hope i can play it without feeling sick i really want to be able to enjoy this ****ing thing :pac:.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I assume you've played the RE7 demo? That supports VR so it should be a good barometer for whether you'll feel sick playing the game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Otacon wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I assume you've played the RE7 demo? That supports VR so it should be a good barometer for whether you'll feel sick playing the game.

Played that last night myself, very impressed.
    Properly creepy and thankfully I had no issues with it.

What's the cheapest place to buy the game?
    Amazon Pre-Order...

I know it sounds dumb and you will look even weirder but have you tried moving your head and shoulders fowards and back, and even lift your legs a little to mimic walking?

You get sick because your brain thinks it is moving thanks to the input to your eyes, but your body (mainly eardrums) is sitting still and it cant figure it out.

Ive done it a few times in fps walking games as they make me ill. It tricks your body into feeling like it is moving so reduces the sickness experienced from sitting still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Ohh man Resident Evil 7 is going to be amazing, should start playing RE6 again haven't completed it yet got it a while ago on sale...

There is also a candle scented of old timber and blood as official merch to improve VR wonder would it be worth it :p ...

18 days to go

Same but I have a huge decision to make. I haven't got my PSVR yet and am debating whether I should play RE7 as normal on the PS or wait until I have the VR. Frustrating that Sony didn't make more VR sets for the run up for Christmas.

Werewolves Within is reduced to €20 on PS store, I can't recommended this game enough such good fun and a great community.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Werewolves Within is reduced to €20 on PS store, I can't recommended this game enough such good fun and a great community.

How so? You are not really selling it :D
    Whats the best thing about the game?

stevexo wrote: »
    How so? You are not really selling it :D
    Whats the best thing about the game?

Addictive, once you get the hang of the rules you can easily clock up 2-3 hours a night if not more. Its probably the best social experience I have had in gaming and can be really funny at times to. I've put more hours into this than any other VR game so far and its such a simple simple idea.

Check out Frank's review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDg-E1oyHz0&t=408s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

This seems to give a good overview of the game also and the different types of roles you can take.
    It does sound interesting alright.

Advertisement