Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

stevexo wrote: »
    This seems to give a good overview of the game also and the different types of roles you can take.
    It does sound interesting alright.

If we got enough from boards playing this we could create a really fun group, note that this game is cross play with the Vive and Rift

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If we got enough from boards playing this we could create a really fun group, note that this game is cross play with the Vive and Rift

Too many people have recommended this to me to ignore it, Must pick it up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

RedXIV wrote: »
    Too many people have recommended this to me to ignore it, Must pick it up tonight

let us know what you make of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Any sign of the move controllers in stock anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

iamtony wrote: »

CEX have them.

• Advertisement

SteoL wrote: »
    iamtony wrote: »

CEX have them.
    For €60 per second hand controller! Not that pushed thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What do ye reckon the timeline is like for the first bundles to appear?

e.g. PS4 Pro with PSVR and controllers etc

March/April?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rigs is possibly the worst online game I have ever played..

So much potential it had...

Touchdown game is absolutely horrendous..

Did you get WW in the end? what did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is Brookhaven anyngood?

• Advertisement

Did you get WW in the end? what did you think?

Bought it but realised I left my ps camera in my parents house at Xmas so haven't been able to try it yet :(

Bought it but realised I left my ps camera in my parents house at Xmas so haven't been able to try it yet :(

Oh thats sucks, if your ever on send me a friend request to Lord_Spence be happy to get a few games going with fellow boardies

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Oh thats sucks, if your ever on send me a friend request to Lord_Spence be happy to get a few games going with fellow boardies

I bought the game but haven't tried it yet. Mind if I add you?

I bought the game but haven't tried it yet. Mind if I add you?

not at all add away

sweetie wrote: »
    Is Brookhaven anyngood?
    Can only be played with move controllers so I don't know:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

DiRT Rally is getting VR dlc in the coming weeks.
    From what I can find, its a paid dlc but dont see a price announced.
    The base game is reduced to €20 in the Jan sale until the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

stevexo wrote: »
    DiRT Rally is getting VR dlc in the coming weeks.
    From what I can find, its a paid dlc but dont see a price announced.
    The base game is reduced to €20 in the Jan sale until the 20th.

It's either a £9.99 DLC add on if you have the main game. Or a new complete version will be released with the main game and VR add on included. Not sure on the price for the full package. I would guess £30-40ish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

12 days to go, can't contain my excitement for Resident Evil 7 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

12 days to go, can't contain my excitement for Resident Evil 7 ....

come ooooon bundle pack...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Will a V R headset work if I bought it from GameStop in the US ,COMPATABLE I mean

Will a V R headset work if I bought it from GameStop in the US ,COMPATABLE I mean

It will work but it'll have a US power cable instead of an EU one. If you have an adapter, you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Got around to playing Pixel Gear and Brookhaven today.

Pixel Gear is a fun shooting gallery and the tracking is the best i've encountered so far. It's a tad short, 3 levels with 4 difficulties. Couldn't finish any of the levels on the final "Crazy" difficulty because they take away your laser sight making it nigh on impossible to hit anything. Good game overall but a bit short and i'm pretty much done with it already.

Haven't finished Brookhaven yet but it is another shooting gallery with some horror elements. Tracking is pretty good but you have to use the iron sights on the gun which means missing a lot in my experience. There's unlocks and upgrades that you find in crates hidden around the levels and there's a rudimentary story playing out in the background. Currently taking a break from it because i got to a level with some fairly poxy enemies that can sort of just "appear" beside you and it's annoying as ****. It's good but not great. There's a survival mode as well a campaign but i haven't tried that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Looking to sell my PSVR as I don't use it that often. Where should I try and sell it? On Donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

EireLemon wrote: »
    Looking to sell my PSVR as I don't use it that often. Where should I try and sell it? On Donedeal?

I stuck mine up on donedeal and adverts a week or two ago just to see what kinda offers i could get.

I was offered 600 twice for headset camera and two move controllers. Havent checked the prices recently but think might of went down.

Im ****ing praying i can get the camera and other issues sorted and really resident evil otherwise im probley gonna have to sell it at a loss.

I stuck mine up on donedeal and adverts a week or two ago just to see what kinda offers i could get.

I was offered 600 twice for headset camera and two move controllers. Havent checked the prices recently but think might of went down.

Im ****ing praying i can get the camera and other issues sorted and really resident evil otherwise im probley gonna have to sell it at a loss.

Prices have indeed gone down. In fact, if anyone is planning selling I'd suggest doing so soon and you might still profit, or at least break even. They're supposed to be coming back into stock towards the end of the month.

Played some Headmaster today after picking it up in the recent sale because i enjoyed the demo.

Can't say that has translated to the full game :( Maybe i'm just crap at headers but it all just feels really random and the psychics of heading the ball don't feel at all consistent. Any decent scores i achieved felt like luck rather than skill.

Really disappointed in it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Played some Headmaster today after picking it up in the recent sale because i enjoyed the demo.

Can't say that has translated to the full game :( Maybe i'm just crap at headers but it all just feels really random and the psychics of heading the ball don't feel at all consistent. Any decent scores i achieved felt like luck rather than skill.

Really disappointed in it to be honest.
    Never had any such trouble with it to be honest. I think it's well executed in terms of physics, but it does get much harder after the first exam, especially if you're looking for 3 stars in each level.

Nailz wrote: »
    Never had any such trouble with it to be honest. I think it's well executed in terms of physics, but it does get much harder after the first exam, especially if you're looking for 3 stars in each level.

Tried playing it standing up (despite the warning the devs give at the beginning :p) and i had a bit more success. Might be one i come back to and dip into occasionally.

However, i spent the last couple of hours playing through Bound and it is up there in terms of my favourite experiences thus far with the PSVR. Absolutely beautiful to look at and the movement of the main character is just amazing.

Had another one of those situations where i became completely immersed in the game and the outside world just ceased to exist :D

The only negative point i'd give it is that the camera is a bit odd. Hard to explain how it works, it's fixed but you use the right analog stick to move it to a new fixed position as needed. The devs are apparently patching in a more traditional 3rd person follow-camera so it might be worth waiting for that but i'd heartily recommend the game anyway.

• Advertisement

Should have my VR next week, just in time for RE7. Deadly.

Anyone played Batman: Arkham VR? That's definitely on my to buy list being a huge fan of the Arkham series. It's expensive enough though to purchase on disc. €40+ on Amazon Germany, France and Spain. Expensive for what I've read is a very short game.

Advertisement