Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

SteoL wrote:
    Anyone played Batman: Arkham VR? That's definitely on my to buy list being a huge fan of the Arkham series. It's expensive enough though to purchase on disc. €40+ on Amazon Germany, France and Spain. Expensive for what I've read is a very short game.

Cdkeys were doing it for around €15 digitally

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

if your a fan of batman you'll love it easily my favourite vr game so far especially if you have 2 move controllers they make it much easier to control, quite short but that seems to be the trend for vr games so far, but you can replay to hunt down riddler puzzles and trophys so I'd say get the download for 20 off the store

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not long til Resi Evil 7.

I note that Amazon are selling the 4D Blood & Rotten Wood scented candles that are companion to the game, and £9.99. And a massive £9.00 postage to boot (free in the UK of course, Parcel Motel, here I come!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

sweetie wrote: »
    Cdkeys were doing it for around €15 digitally

Cool, thanks. It's €16 now. It says can only be used with a UK PSN account though so I probably can't use it. Digital might be the way to go for this.
    if your a fan of batman you'll love it easily my favourite vr game so far especially if you have 2 move controllers they make it much easier to control, quite short but that seems to be the trend for vr games so far, but you can replay to hunt down riddler puzzles and trophys so I'd say get the download for 20 off the store

Not a fan of Batman per se but a huge fan of the Arkham trilogy (not played origins). Batman VR just seems like it will be an amazing experience. I won't have move controllers just yet. Are they a major enhancement to the overall experience?

• Advertisement

SteoL wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. It's €16 now. It says can only be used with a UK PSN account though so I probably can't use it. Digital might be the way to go for this.

It's very easy to make a UK account. You might get it even cheaper if you create a US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Not long til Resi Evil 7.

I note that Amazon are selling the 4D Blood & Rotten Wood scented candles that are companion to the game, and £9.99. And a massive £9.00 postage to boot (free in the UK of course, Parcel Motel, here I come!)

Any idea how long it would take to arrive? I'm intrigued by the candle so kind of want to pick it up also but want it to be here in time for RE7...

Any idea how long it would take to arrive? I'm intrigued by the candle so kind of want to pick it up also but want it to be here in time for RE7...

The estimated dated (Latest) given to me was Feb 02nd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Like Lord_Spence I would highly recommend Werewolves Within, its a great game and has plenty of depth. Great craic all together

You enjoying it so IrishDeeney? great craic all together, hope more decide to give it a go, the price can be a bit off putting but its on sale now for €20 and for me thats a steal for the hours of play you will get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Infosys partners with Sony to live-stream tennis matches in virtual reality
    Infosys has partnered with Sony PlayStation VR and the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) in a bid to change the way tennis matches are viewed.

The IT giant showcased its existing virtual reality (VR) capabilities at the APIA International tennis tournament in Sydney, giving players, coaches, and tennis fans the ability to watch a match and visualise player statistics in unison.

Speaking with ZDNet, Infosys vice president and regional head ANZ Andrew Groth said the plan is to have the immersive experience stream live to the end user's VR headset, with Infosys announcing plans to launch the capability in time for the French Open, which begins in May.

Sounds good... but tennis? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Otacon wrote: »

Gotta start somewhere, hopefully Tennis is phase 1 and beach volleyball is phase 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Pre-ordered re7 there. Saved £20 with points I had built up over on thegamecollection.net.

I see that Japanese magazine/website that's been around forever gave it 9/10 so hopefully it's great.

I did spoil the game for myself a few weeks back when details of the full game leaked, but still, looking forward to playing my first proper VR game in a week or two!

That's it for games now until the Switch comes out (except for DQVIII :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can't wait play resident evil loved kitchen demo next vr one made me sick before changed camera settings. Dear God I hope playing game is more smooth cause I've been dying for a proper horror experience! Give me a few jumps without wanting me to puke please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Enjoying Robinson The Journey a lot. Looks very pretty and feel free to roam the admittedly limited world. Though it still as big a vr world as you'll find right now.

Got it reduced, wouldn't have paid the initial 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Sold it for 480 euro a few days ago. Not sure how I feel about it. Do you guys think that's a good price? I sold it with a camera, PSVR Worlds & 1 move controller.

SteoL wrote:
    Not a fan of Batman per se but a huge fan of the Arkham trilogy (not played origins). Batman VR just seems like it will be an amazing experience. I won't have move controllers just yet. Are they a major enhancement to the overall experience?

it does tie into the Arkham games nicely as its set in that universe, I personally think they made it so much better as they act as your hands so very intuitive for reaching down to your belt for grappling gun, batarangs etc, can definitely be played without them though, but just feels more natural using the moves

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The estimated dated (Latest) given to me was Feb 02nd

Sure I'd have the game finished by then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

EireLemon wrote: »
    Sold it for 480 euro a few days ago. Not sure how I feel about it. Do you guys think that's a good price? I sold it with a camera, PSVR Worlds & 1 move controller.

Not to rub it in,I think you would have gotten a bit more for it,
    I sold just the headset last week for 525 euro

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Lads, can someone please help me out! I've been hearing things about Amazon Warehouse doing good deals on the headset but I can't see them anywhere. I'm a newbie to amazon and I think I'm looking in the wrong places!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Lads, can someone please help me out! I've been hearing things about Amazon Warehouse doing good deals on the headset but I can't see them anywhere. I'm a newbie to amazon and I think I'm looking in the wrong places!!

There don't seem to be any on Amazon Warehouse that I can see.

It's £349.99 on Argos.co.uk (in Belfast) at the moment though, that's a pretty good price, or average?

• Advertisement

The RE7 candle is 9.99pound on game and 2.95 delivery supposed to be dispatched tomorrow so should arrive before the game released ...

There is a warehouse deal on Amazon UK for a used set but it's more expensive than a new headset at £403. Second down on this link.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00I9WWBCQ/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Word is stores are getting them in next week so wait rather than get ripped off?

I'd say hold out i heard there's a restock due before the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

If it is near anyone I think Player1 gaming in Maynooth got stock of headsets in on Wednesday.

gmg678 wrote: »
    If it is near anyone I think Player1 gaming in Maynooth got stock of headsets in on Wednesday.

Thanks for that. Are they near the train station?

Scratch that, just checked Google maps and they're relatively close to one another. I'm going to get a train this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

SteoL wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Are they near the train station?

Scratch that, just checked Google maps and they're relatively close to one another. I'm going to get a train this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up

They are on Facebook/website. Give them a ring just incase. Wouldn't want you to have a wasted journey.

The RE7 candle is 9.99pound on game and 2.95 delivery supposed to be dispatched tomorrow so should arrive before the game released ...

Showing up as out of stock now. Dang, i would have jumped on that deal

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Gamestop are showing them in stock on their site now

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/46341/playstation-vr

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Youtube got an update, 360 videos from that now work.

• Advertisement

gmg678 wrote: »
    They are on Facebook/website. Give them a ring just incase. Wouldn't want you to have a wasted journey.

Been onto them. They have one put by for me. I feel like a child at Christmas!
    finno wrote: »
    Gamestop are showing them in stock on their site now

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/46341/playstation-vr

Gamestop don't seem to have any in Dublin, unfortunately.

Advertisement