Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Showing up as out of stock now. Dang, i would have jumped on that deal

Girl friend got it for me yesterday only to get email saying it's been cancelled today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Wow is all I can say. Just tried out the cage diving experience on VR worlds and it was such an experience. I was actually expecting to be let down with it as when you build something up in your head it rarely lives up to expectations. This not only lived up, it surpassed them. Can imagine what RE7 will be like.

Littlewoods have RE7 for 59.99 which is a pretty sweet price, only thing I am worried about is will it arrive on time?...

I'm at a new address now and Littlewoods never seem to pass on contact number to person delivering item and always have to wait extra day...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Amazon have a £10 off code today when you spend 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just a question to you lads:

So those who have it, are you happy with it?

I'll ne honest, I did not followed properly ps vr when it came out, but I found it really weird that it's still out of stock everywhere!
    I would love to get it, but does it justifies the cost?
    400eu ps4 pro
    400eu head set
    80eu controllers.
    40eu camera? ( does first gen camera works okay? I still have it somewhere in attic since i got it bundled in with killazone pack.
    Kind of looks like I could get ocolus for cheaper.

• Advertisement

Just a question to you lads:

So those who have it, are you happy with it?

I'll ne honest, I did not followed properly ps vr when it came out, but I found it really weird that it's still out of stock everywhere!
    I would love to get it, but does it justifies the cost?
    400eu ps4 pro
    400eu head set
    80eu controllers.
    40eu camera? ( does first gen camera works okay? I still have it somewhere in attic since i got it bundled in with killazone pack.
    Kind of looks like I could get ocolus for cheaper.

If you have a PS4 it is the cheapest option of all 3 at €400. And is very close in terms of quality. The PSVR will also work on your PC, but the PC ones wont work on ps4. So it gives you the most options. And you can play the ps4 exclusives (xwing mission).

If you need to buy a PS4 it does bump the price closer to oculus/vive range. A normal PS4 is fine though. You dont need a pro. A pro actually offers very little over a normal ps4 for VR as the headset isnt 4k.

First gen camera works fine. Again no benefit for having a new one. Move controllers are 80 for two new ones, but again they are the same old PS3 ones so an attic raid in a friends house might find them.

Is it worth it? Very subjective. Generally most here are very happy with it but i think play time is limited, first by the lack of core gaming experiences and second by VR itself being enjoyable for about 1-2 hours before motion sickness takes over, plus it takes some setting up.

Everything i have played has been great at the time, but nothing bar the resident evil demo kept me coming back for more. I played that demo about ten times then pre ordered the full game. First pre order in a decade i'd say. So it is now sitting waiting for that to arrive next week.

Everything else right now feels like a cool tech demo you play once or show your friends once.

For me VR is great but very new and too big a risk to sink the €800-1000 oculus or vive required. I simply could not justify spending that much on something that might end up sitting on a shelf when i have so little spare cash these days.

€400 was an amount i was willing to risk, even if it is a fad like 3D tvs i think ill have gotten my moneys worth in terms of fun.

If you have a PS4 it is the cheapest option of all 3 at €400. And is very close in terms of quality. The PSVR will also work on your PC, but the PC ones wont work on ps4. So it gives you the most options. And you can play the ps4 exclusives (xwing mission).

If you need to buy a PS4 it does bump the price closer to oculus/vive range. A normal PS4 is fine though. You dont need a pro. A pro actually offers very little over a normal ps4 for VR as the headset isnt 4k.

First gen camera works fine. Again no benefit for having a new one. Move controllers are 80 for two new ones, but again they are the same old PS3 ones so an attic raid in a friends house might find them.

Is it worth it? Very subjective. Generally most here are very happy with it but i think play time is limited, first by the lack of core gaming experiences and second by VR itself being enjoyable for about 1-2 hours before motion sickness takes over, plus it takes some setting up.

Everything i have played has been great at the time, but nothing bar the resident evil demo kept me coming back for more. I played that demo about ten times then pre ordered the full game. First pre order in a decade i'd say. So it is now sitting waiting for that to arrive next week.

Everything else right now feels like a cool tech demo you play once or show your friends once.

For me VR is great but very new and too big a risk to sink the €800-1000 oculus or vive required. I simply could not justify spending that much on something that might end up sitting on a shelf when i have so little spare cash these days.

€400 was an amount i was willing to risk, even if it is a fad like 3D tvs i think ill have gotten my moneys worth in terms of fun.

Thanks a lot. Good summary.

I got play ps4, but kind of on a fence to get ps4 pro. Nintendo switch is disappointment ( personal) and I am not getting that as birthday present for myself.
    I guess vr still in its demo mode, but out of 3 of them it's the one with most to show off in game library.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

For me, I'm still deciding on the PSVR vs Oculus/Vive. I don't have a PS4 and I have an underpowered PC.

To get the Oculus/Vive to work I will need to spend money on getting the PC upgraded. Additionally I don't have space in my office (where the PC is) to facilitate VR.

So the only place I can use VR is the living room. And either I buy a new PC for the living room and get an Oculus/Vive, or I buy a PS4 Pro (since it improves framerate in VR) and the headset.

Either way it will cost me. Exclusives aren't a deciding factor for me, as both have their advantages (e.g. cheaper games on PC / RE7 on PS4)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The PSVR will also work on your PC, but the PC ones wont work on ps4. S

Summed up exactly how I feel. Great post.

But on the quoted part, is that true? it works on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lord TSC wrote: »

It does but not natively. Little bit of work involved but to be honest, the pay off is totally worth it

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    It does but not natively. Little bit of work involved but to be honest, the pay off is totally worth it

It's unofficial if I remember correct. Some issues with tracking I think amd it's very limited. Though of the get that sorted ps vr would be a cracker vr set to own if you got ps4 and pc.

I was in cex today and sow it for 525eu!!! Damn! I think it's better to wait out to see it settle down a bit. Maybe for this holiday season they will make some deals and bundles.

At least now maybe developers won't have excuse that ps vr player Base is small. It sells well so far and in high demand. Would love to see upcoming games list.

It's unofficial if I remember correct. Some issues with tracking I think amd it's very limited. Though of the get that sorted ps vr would be a cracker vr set to own if you got ps4 and pc.

I was in cex today and sow it for 525eu!!! Damn! I think it's better to wait out to see it settle down a bit. Maybe for this holiday season they will make some deals and bundles.

At least now maybe developers won't have excuse that ps vr player Base is small. It sells well so far and in high demand. Would love to see upcoming games list.

I got mine yesterday in Gamestop for €400. Don't understand CEX prices when other shops have them. Move controllers still scarce.

Update for anyone looking for this: Smyths have headsets, as do Argos Ilac and Jervis St. Better off going there than CEX.

Been playing Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. Excellent experience. Surprisingly I didn't feel nauseous playing this. After feeling horrible nausea playing Scavengers Odyssey yesterday I expected same or worse with this but thankfully it didn't happen.

Amazon UK have these in stock now but unbelievably they are charging £508. Direct from Amazon not FBA. I see move controllers are due in stock Monday FBA but price is £85. Think I'll wait another while.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yip, this guy has been doing some good work getting it to work. He has a few videos worth watching, he even got the 120hz refresh working which is faster than both the others.

It is an unofficial driver for now and improvements are being made all the time. It has come on a long way since it first came out. They have added Move support, controller support, and a bunch of other bits.

It is pretty close to the Oculus seated (looking around) experience. You don't get the Vive walk around the room experience, but most of us don't have a big room any way.

If you follow the set up in the youtube video and you can play any PC game in VR. Skyrim, GTA5 etc. The extra program makes it display in 3D properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Why are the PSVRs so overpriced? Are they not replenishing stocks?

RE7 has 5euro off with Smyths when you pre order, anyone know if this offer applies when you pre order in store or is it only online?...

RE7 has 5euro off with Smyths when you pre order, anyone know if this offer applies when you pre order in store or is it only online?...

Online only. I tried to preorder in store a few weeks back and was told "it's not on the preorder list so you need to do it online".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Finished Robinson- The Journey last night. Enjoyed it a lot. The environments look very impressive as does the wildlife.

Ready now for RE7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So is Resident evil already out on the US store?

Please tell me I have something nice to come home from work to Lol.

Balls it's the 24th!! Dunno why taught it was 23rd.

• Advertisement

For anyone wondering I checked in Argos today and Resident Evil 7 will be €59.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ah was hoping RE7 was out today

Don't think I can stomach this ffs.

Playing around with the resident evil demo again trying all different settings went and fixed eye to eye again have camera on a tripod and everything so easier to move.

The game itself isn't to bad till I have to move my vision right and left. I changed setting for that to smooth as well so it's not that. The more I try and focus on it when moving my head right or left or moving it with the controller makes me feel like crap.

There's no way I'm gonna be able to play the full game in VR when there's things moving at me on screen.

Dunno what **** I'm gonna do with this vr cause I can't enjoy it. Rez and rush of blood wasn't causing anything this bad so it's obviously just way camera moves in resident evil.

Don't think I can stomach this ffs.

Playing around with the resident evil demo again trying all different settings went and fixed eye to eye again have camera on a tripod and everything so easier to move.

The game itself isn't to bad till I have to move my vision right and left. I changed setting for that to smooth as well so it's not that. The more I try and focus on it when moving my head right or left or moving it with the controller makes me feel like crap.

There's no way I'm gonna be able to play the full game in VR when there's things moving at me on screen.

Dunno what **** I'm gonna do with this vr cause I can't enjoy it. Rez and rush of blood wasn't causing anything this bad so it's obviously just way camera moves in resident evil.

If you changed the right stick movement to smooth it will make you way sicker. That's why they use pie chart movement.

But at this point I think you might have to pull the plug. At least for walking games. Or until they get motion sickness ironed out.

If you changed the right stick movement to smooth it will make you way sicker. That's why they use pie chart movement.

But at this point I think you might have to pull the plug. At least for walking games. Or until they get motion sickness ironed out.

Was asking about this on reddit and got loads of different answers to the problem. So ive been playing the full game for about an hour taking a break here and there and so far so good. Turned off the smooth controls and have it moving at a 30 degree angle instead. I am trying to move my head as much as comfortable to right and left then moving the right stick.

Can still be a bit heavy on the eyes but not near as bad as i was feeling when playing the demo so im hoping ill get better and better with it longer i play.

The game itself im enjoying very atmospheric i like the dark grainy feel of everything but like all vr games so far a bump in resolution would really push it on in so many ways it does hurt the experience at times especially in brighter conditions.

Ive had one situation in combat so far and i felt the one thing that let it down was when you where wrestling with the enemy they got way to close to your face to the point it kinda seemed off in a bad way. By this i mean it threw off the whole feeling in the game kinda thing.

I dont think its an issue with my camera position as since i attached it to a tripod it feels a lot better much better then sitting it on the tv and the distance seems fine as well. So i assume its just how the game plays ?

Anyway im gonna leave it at that for the night as ive found playing these games really make your eyes tired after a while. Really hope i can push on with this now and really enjoy it and hopefully overcome any motion sickness issues i was having!.

So is RE worth the wait and is the VR good or what's the story?... Does it play like batman in terms of movement or what's the story... I hate the way you move in batman tbh but then again tomb raider vr made me wanna puke...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So is RE worth the wait and is the VR good or what's the story?... Does it play like batman in terms of movement or what's the story... I hate the way you move in batman tbh but then again tomb raider vr made me wanna puke...

It doesn't play like Batman, you can move around as you would traditionally, or you can change the control settings to "Lighthouse" controls, meaning you turn in increments instead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Herself found Rush of Blood VR hiding in the house as a "Late Xmas Present" :D

Simple things in life make me happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has anyone seen the Resident Evil 7 4D candle in Bricks and Mortar stores in Ireland anywhere?

Advertisement