Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Played a good hour of resi a while ago, shaping up to be a good game, not as jumpy as until dawn, only let down is the graphics, they are a bit **** in fairness.

No motion sickness to report and I am usually prone to it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

iamtony wrote: »
    Played a good hour of resi a while ago, shaping up to be a good game, not as jumpy as until dawn, only let down is the graphics, they are a bit **** in fairness.

Only for the fact your in dark horrible environment they would be awful.

I dunno why people are so afraid to admit that at times the resolution and graphics are very dodgy in some of these games threw the headset!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I dunno why people are so afraid to admit that at times the resolution and graphics are very dodgy in some of these games threw the headset!

sounds like you need to re-callibrate your headset :P

stevexo wrote: »

sounds like you need to re-callibrate your headset :P

Unless it had a fault when I bought it. I doubt it though I've read enough people say it. Don't get me wrong still looks bloody good but it can look rough at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Resident Evil 7 is class - no motion sickness this end.

The scares and cheesy voices etc are working wonders at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    Resident Evil 7 is class - no motion sickness this end.

The scares and cheesy voices etc are working wonders at the moment

Played 45 mins of it this evening. More likely to get a fright in VR, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I'm 3.5 hours in. It's tense as f***.
    Was surprised part of the demo was in it as heard that wasn't part of the real game albeit it was only the video tape part. Also, playing as Mia where you're hiding from Marguerite was nerve wracking

Being honest, I can't imagine playing it in non VR mode. No way would it have the same impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Argos selling RE7 for €55 with a €5 voucher back if anyone is interested , seems to be the best price around in irish stores.

I'm not sure if this was posted before but it's an interesting look at what's out or on the way for PSVR.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/07/the-full-list-of-playstation-vr-experiences-and-video-services-available-soon/

• Advertisement

So i havent had the chance to go back and play this again but just rewatched the first part that i played other night on youtube.

First of all wow it looks like a totally different game between the graphics atmosphere everything it looks a hell of a lot easier to play.

Does anyone else feel though looking back on the first encounter you have with combat with spoiling anything do you feel playing it in vr you couldnt make out a lot of what was going on compared to when you play it in normal or watch it?

I mentioned it before but on my end anyway i felt the enemy got way to close to me during combat and almost detached themselves from the scene the look didnt seem as ''in the game'' as normal.

I hope someone experienced this as well so i know theres not an issue with my headset/camera or that its just me :pac:

Be curious to see do i feel the same when i move on further and meet other characters and enemy's.

Another thing i noticed is major difference in lighting playing in vr is incredibly dark and depressing compared to watching it on youtube or playing the game itself.

So i havent had the chance to go back and play this again but just rewatched the first part that i played other night on youtube.

First of all wow it looks like a totally different game between the graphics atmosphere everything it looks a hell of a lot easier to play.

Does anyone else feel though looking back on the first encounter you have with combat with spoiling anything do you feel playing it in vr you couldnt make out a lot of what was going on compared to when you play it in normal or watch it?

I mentioned it before but on my end anyway i felt the enemy got way to close to me during combat and almost detached themselves from the scene the look didnt seem as ''in the game'' as normal.

I hope someone experienced this as well so i know theres not an issue with my headset/camera or that its just me :pac:

Be curious to see do i feel the same when i move on further and meet other characters and enemy's.

Another thing i noticed is major difference in lighting playing in vr is incredibly dark and depressing compared to watching it on youtube or playing the game itself.

I do agree that the resolution isn't the best but (I'm 5.5 hours in now) I don't recall anything like that with the first encounter or at any other part. I found it pretty feckin' terrifying if I'm honest. And while the resolution isn't great things do be pretty clear so I know what is going on at all times.

But that's not to say there haven't been any faults with VR as there have been. Occasionally I'll react to something on screen by ducking or leaning back in my chair and the screen will go blank. Certain other things that I can't really explain.

However, overall I'm happy enough with the experience and have never felt so vulnerable playing a game.

I can't compare to playing normally. When I have finished VR mode I'll probably give it a go again, in normal mode, just to see it in ts 1080p glory. Generally not a fan of first person view so should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Personally I think the VR is good in RE7, but I'm going to be playing in standard mode and I'll be treating the VR mode as a bonus mode to come back to.

It's just that it can be a little bewildering in VR and you do need to take breaks often so overall it's detracting from my enjoyment of the game especially when I don't fully know where I'm going or what I'm doing and exploring is a lot slower in VR. But I'll definitely be coming back to it once I've finished the game proper.

I think you need to adjust the camera from time to time to stop that happening, I did notice what your talking about at the first encounter but if you hold the options button for a few seconds you will see her moving away from you a bit.
    I haven't noticed that problem since the first encounter.
    I really like the game I must say, even though the graphics aren't up to scratch.
    On a side note I got a set of move controllers in Smyth's and they are great fun with games like fruit ninja and that zombie experience game where they keep coming for you.

I've finished RE7 and overall it was a great experience. However, it was far from perfect. 1 scene in particular looked ridiculous and actually caused me to laugh out loud.
    when you fight Marguerite in the dilapidated outhouse thing and she keeps birthing bugs should have come with an x rating.

It is still a step forward for VR and I look forward to what else this year has to offer for the technology.

What other full lenght games are on the horizon does anyone know?

I Expect You To Die announcement on Monday regarding EU release. Looking forward to playing this but I've a few VR games to finish in the meantime too.

https://twitter.com/schellgames/status/825014353598484481

iamtony wrote: »
    I think you need to adjust the camera from time to time to stop that happening, I did notice what your talking about at the first encounter but if you hold the options button for a few seconds you will see her moving away from you a bit.
    I haven't noticed that problem since the first encounter.
    I really like the game I must say, even though the graphics aren't up to scratch.
    On a side note I got a set of move controllers in Smyth's and they are great fun with games like fruit ninja and that zombie experience game where they keep coming for you.

Ive played around with the camera so many times at this stage :pac:.

Thats why i stuck it on a microphone stand now so i can high lower and move it from side to side at anytime. Saves a lot of pissing around on top of the tv.

Just a note for anyone looking to get a wheel ahead of Dirt Rally VR. Picked up a Thrustmaster 150 for €170 from thrustmaster's own distributors in France. Price includes delivery.

Argos has it for €212. Amazon has them for about £145+ but they don't deliver to Ireland so you'd have to use Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

A free VR mini game called Toy Wars has just been released on the PS Store. Looks to belong to the Playroom family in some capacity, which isn't too bad as Playroom VR was a bit of fun in my opinion.

Can't complain either way though, a free game is a free game!

Edit: Turns out that it'll just come as part of a free update to the Playroom VR app, so if you have that already then there's no need to look any further. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fruit Ninja and Lethal VR are out , both look like fun .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have Fruit Ninja it's good but not for full price, very repetitive tbh...

Nailz wrote: »
    A free VR mini game called Toy Wars has just been released on the PS Store. Looks to belong to the Playroom family in some capacity, which isn't too bad as Playroom VR was a bit of fun in my opinion.

Can't complain either way though, a free game is a free game!

Edit: Turns out that it'll just come as part of a free update to the Playroom VR app, so if you have that already then there's no need to look any further. :)
    I installed the update and didn't get it, I had to go to the store then install it separately.
    Its not a bad little game. Only one level unfortunately.

This is the problem with a lot of the vr titles. High prices due to demand. You can't blame them really, make hay while the sun shines and all that.
    I've been having fun with a the family with fruit ninja, trying to beat each others high scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭jvrk

The vr candle for RE7 is class with vr albeit a putrid scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

jvrk wrote: »
    The vr candle for RE7 is class with vr albeit a putrid scent.

Where did you order it from? How long it take to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭jvrk

Where did you order it from? How long it take to arrive?

I preordered it from merchoid took a week too come.
    http://www.merchoid.com/product/resident-evil-7-blood-sweat-and-fears-4d-vr-candle/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I got mine for £9.99 from Amazon.

It sort of smells like Frankincense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Its gonna be a year before I finish RE7 at the rate I am going , I get the courage to play for 10-15mins at a time only. I am only just past the dinner table, when your man starts chasing you and you have no gun and I freak out, I hate that feeling of being chased. I love the game it amazing and so immersive.

Advertisement