Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Its gonna be a year before I finish RE7 at the rate I am going , I get the courage to play for 10-15mins at a time only. I am only just past the dinner table, when your man starts chasing you and you have no gun and I freak out, I hate that feeling of being chased. I love the game it amazing and so immersive.

I am the exact same, I have started just playing RE Revelations 2 now instead, the thoughts of putting on that headset only to be chased for ages and eventually grabbed from nowhere just freak me out..

Does the DLC not work for VR or something?... I don't have but i've been told it won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I am the exact same, I have started just playing RE Revelations 2 now instead, the thoughts of putting on that headset only to be chased for ages and eventually grabbed from nowhere just freak me out..

Does the DLC not work for VR or something?... I don't have but i've been told it won't...

It will work on Vr apart from the extra mode Ethan Must Die

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

3D Blu Ray support for playback on PSVR coming in System Software 4.50

The Beta starts today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I wonder will that allow plex bluray playback?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I wonder will that allow plex bluray playback?

I'd be surprised, I couldn't get blurays to play through a hdmi splitter, they seem to be very tight on controls for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I've been playing RE7 exclusively in VR but played a bit in 2D last night to finish a boss fight I was having a bit of bother with.

The difference in experience is night and day. The immersion VR offers is incredible. Entering each new area would have you anxious as anything could come out at you. Even aiming your gun at an enemy is more intuitive in VR.

I'll finish it out in VR for sure, much richer experience.

Any word on the Apollo 11 experience? I know it's ready to go and has been submitted to Sony for authorisation or whatever, but that was weeks ago. I've heard nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Any word on the Apollo 11 experience? I know it's ready to go and has been submitted to Sony for authorisation or whatever, but that was weeks ago. I've heard nothing since

I met the two lads working on/with this when VR was just coming out. They're lovely chaps, with genuine interest in making it good. The preview we got was amazing!

I'm still mad to pick up a VR, is it worth the splash yet or should i wait for PSVRv2 (if it will exist)? They're still very pricey (now that i'm on minimum wage).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I found a handy setting. Once you turn on the headset go into the settings > Device > Audio Devices. At the bottom you will see a new setting called Sidetone Volume.

It is set to "off" but if you turn it on the mic will pick up noises around around and play them in the headset. So if someone walks into the room you can hear them and not have a heart attack when they touch your shoulder in the middle of Resident Evil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,852 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I want to get PS VR and, right now, Resi but I am not sure if there is any point. The room I have the consoles in is not wide - so the distance from the TV Unit to where I set is quite small, and there wouldn't be much floor space between the the tv unit and the seat. Would PS VR simply not work - Kinnect, for example, was something I couldn't get working correctly on my XboxOne cause of the distances. I would assume any games which require full body movement are simply a no go but I also know there are games that use a pad that could possibly work.

Any point in getting it or is the space requirement too much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I want to get PS VR and, right now, Resi but I am not sure if there is any point. The room I have the consoles in is not wide - so the distance from the TV Unit to where I set is quite small, and there wouldn't be much floor space between the the tv unit and the seat. Would PS VR simply not work - Kinnect, for example, was something I couldn't get working correctly on my XboxOne cause of the distances. I would assume any games which require full body movement are simply a no go but I also know there are games that use a pad that could possibly work.

I don't think you need much space with PSVR. When I did the demo I was literally sitting about 2m away from the camera.

It's the Oculus / Vive that need space afaik.

My room for playing in is 9 foot by 8. I have a couch in there, that is like 2 foot out from the wall, so realistically, i have 7 foot between the PSVR and the camera.

It works fine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Most PSVR games seem designed to play sitting down, and my experiences with RE7 follows suit. You really don't need loads of room, especially since RE7 uses a controller as well. Other than spinning your head, there's not massive amounts of movement space needed.

Cool - just need to wait for Amazon to get it back in stock so!

Room size isn't a huge factor for most PSVR games, as moving around isn't the main focus, PSVR games are more focused on letting you look around inside the game via head tracking.

The camera only really needs to see the top half of your body and head, as it can only track lights on the headset and controller, whereas Kinect needed to see your whole body so you needed the space. The PSVR camera can simply be tilted up if you need to stand or tilted down when you are sitting.

I've a pretty big room and have ended up pulling my seat up to about 2m from the TV as it works better there. Most of the best games want you to sit anyway, the ones that let you stand just want you standing up not walking around tripping over cables, footstools or random cats :D

Cool - just need to wait for Amazon to get it back in stock so!

Smyths have it in stock. I'm considering going down this route, but might wait a bit for the price to drop.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Smyths have it in stock. I'm considering going down this route, but might wait a bit for the price to drop.

The only way I can get it is with Amazon vouchers I got from people around christmas. My wife would kill me if I spent actual money on this. She has ok'd the vouchers!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya seen them in Smyths on Parnell Street today few of them behind the counter.

Are they gold dust at the moment?

I assumed they were freely available for purchase. I might go and get it at Smyths for the €400 for the PS4 Pro and PSVR for €400 if they are liable to sell out.

Those prices about average?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Are they gold dust at the moment?

I assumed they were freely available for purchase. I might go and get it at Smyths for the €400 for the PS4 Pro and PSVR for €400 if they are liable to sell out.

Those prices about average?

PS VR & PS Pro are both sold out on Amazon. If you can get them in Smyths, do it!

• Advertisement

PS VR & PS Pro are both sold out on Amazon. If you can get them in Smyths, do it!

I take it there are no imminent price drops so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I take it there are no imminent price drops so :D

Black Friday I'd say. Sony don't seem to be pushing sales for either device so I can't see a price drop before November.

There seem to be loads of these around... Littlewoods, Argos, Harvey Norman, Smyths

Tried a 10% off on Littlewoods and the damned code doesn't cover gaming electronics... boo

On the plus side, if you are a Supervalu Rewards customer you can get 1 point for every €1 spent in Argos going via the rewards site.

Highly recommend going to Player1 Gaming in Maynooth if anyone is thinking about picking it up.

I got mine there two weeks ago.

Cheaper than argos and great people to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Anyone played Here They Lie? Man that is one disturbing experience. It's like being in a David Lynch film. It's just surreal. Well impressed with it. Next I need to get Werewolves Within, Brookhaven Experiment and I expect you to die.

SteoL wrote: »
    Anyone played Here They Lie? Man that is one disturbing experience. It's like being in a David Lynch film. It's just surreal. Well impressed with it. Next I need to get Werewolves Within, Brookhaven Experiment and I expect you to die.

I have it, but my PS wiped all saves over Xmas and have been meaning to go back to it... I have way too many games to play I can't even seem to play RE7 now anymore cause it scares the crap out of me...

Anyone pick up some cheap 3D Blu Rays for the next update or know where to pick them up cheap...

Sorry for double post but has anyone tried Dirt Rally VR is this game worth picking up for 42.49euro ?...

I bought it but haven't tried it yet. Got the base game on sale after xmas for 20 and the upgrade for 13. Looks impressive. The co driver mode looks like guitar hero :)

I bought it but haven't tried it yet. Got the base game on sale after xmas for 20 and the upgrade for 13. Looks impressive. The co driver mode looks like guitar hero :)

Think I am going to buy it for 42.49euro ... Wish I bought it on sale after xmas but wasn't sure whether or not to get it... Have no racing games and loved dirt 2 so hopefully it will be at least as good as dirt 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Think I am going to buy it for 42.49euro ... Wish I bought it on sale after xmas but wasn't sure whether or not to get it... Have no racing games and loved dirt 2 so hopefully it will be at least as good as dirt 2...

Got it over Xmas for 20 and got the VR DLC yesterday. The game is really good in VR. I found the 2D version quite difficult but in VR the track has a proper sense of scale. You can really see the camber, incline and decline of the road.

Visually it's solid enough without being amazing but that's VR currently, immersion makes up for it. Weather effects are impressive as driving into snow and rain have an impact on visibility.

Advertisement