Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I picked it up on the US store for $43. Think it is excellent in VR. Definitely worth picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Contemplating on just waiting till I go to Galway and buying it in Argos for 43euro... Really annoyed that Smyths never got it in stock as it is 10mins away compared to 1 hour away... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Tekken 7 will be out next month. Are many getting it to play the VR compatible mode? Should be an interesting one. A straight up fighter is not something I would have anticipated on VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bought a pro there week or two ago and was playing Resident evil vr on it the other day. Had no issues with feeling sick for a long time.

I think no matter what game i play i always feel bit funny after a while its not even motion sickness just head starts feel bit light from having a headset pressed into my eyes for a period of time.

Put it this way i feel a lot better with it then i did playing Resident evil at the start!!

Bought a pro there week or two ago and was playing Resident evil vr on it the other day. Had no issues with feeling sick for a long time.

I think no matter what game i play i always feel bit funny after a while its not even motion sickness just head starts feel bit light from having a headset pressed into my eyes for a period of time.

Put it this way i feel a lot better with it then i did playing Resident evil at the start!!

Nice one! Before you got the pro did you have a launch PS4 or a slim? Have you noticed any major improvements since upgrading to the pro (apart from sickness subsiding)?

• Advertisement

So ends up I am going to get DIRT Rally VR for 25euro thanks to buy game credit, bought 20euro PSN myself and getting brother to buy 20euro PSN aswell, had to top his account by 10euro and mine by 5euro to get it...

Works out at every 2 months if I top up by 45euro for those 2 months I can get 40euro PSN for my credit which I never use anyways :P

Hooray for free games (well kinda)... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

SteoL wrote: »

Nice one! Before you got the pro did you have a launch PS4 or a slim? Have you noticed any major improvements since upgrading to the pro (apart from sickness subsiding)?

I had the launch model. To be honest I haven't noticed anything major yet other then the graphics and vr being maybe a little bit clearer.

I just found I stuck it on straight away starting playing resident evil and didn't feel disorientated like I did with the original model.

Is Psychonauts worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finally got 10 mins on dirt VR. It is class, really improves it for me. The crashes are crazy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Are they still hard to get? Had a look in Argos and GameStop out in blanch shopping centre and neither have it. Wouldn't mind picking it up considering I'm off for the weekend and heard nothing but good things. Any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Are they still hard to get? Had a look in Argos and GameStop out in blanch shopping centre and neither have it. Wouldn't mind picking it up considering I'm off for the weekend and heard nothing but good things. Any help appreciated

Loads in Argos now.

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Price is gone up in Argos to €430. Smyths have them in Blanch €399, website says low stock but they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

SteoL wrote: »
    Price is gone up in Argos to €430. Smyths have them in Blanch €399, website says low stock but they have them.

Lolz , I thought he meant Dirt VR :P

Good hour spent with Dirt Rally tonight, what a game, made even more enjoyable in VR. Much like with Resident Evil 7, VR adds a layer to it that takes it to another level.

I was playing my career so driving around in an old 1960's car and it was pretty fast. Then I took out a 2007 Ford Focus RS in Monte Carlo, at night, in the snow. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Good hour spent with Dirt Rally tonight, what a game, made even more enjoyable in VR. Much like with Resident Evil 7, VR adds a layer to it that takes it to another level.

I was playing my career so driving around in an old 1960's car and it was pretty fast. Then I took out a 2007 Ford Focus RS in Monte Carlo, at night, in the snow. So good.
    Must....not.....spend....switch...... Money......on.....Dirt....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Hi folks

I just bought a Playstation VR as a surprise for the hubby for his birthday. Can anyone recommend a game? Some games he likes are Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, Metal Gear Solid, Batman, anything in the Lego Series (he plays these when the kids are around because most of his others are 18+ so they can't be played while they're around). He doesn't like anything FIFA or Grand Theft.

Also he has the original PS4 - am I right in thinking there won't be any issues with the VR working off it given it's age?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Hi folks

I just bought a Playstation VR as a surprise for the hubby for his birthday. Can anyone recommend a game? Some games he likes are Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, Metal Gear Solid, Batman, anything in the Lego Series (he plays these when the kids are around because most of his others are 18+ so they can't be played while they're around). He doesn't like anything FIFA or Grand Theft.

Also he has the original PS4 - am I right in thinking there won't be any issues with the VR working off it given it's age?

If he likes the Batman Arkham series (personally my favourite game franchise) then Batman Arkham VR is a must have. It is very short (an hour main campaign) however there is replay ability with Riddler collectibles. I replayed it during week and loved it even more.

Oh and Resident Evil 7 is probably the best game for VR at the moment (IMO), especially as it has a full 10+ hour campaign.

No issues with a normal ps4.

For games the best are.

Resident evil 7
    Dirt Rally.
    Eve valkayrie.

Best VR experiences (mini games).
    Batman VR
    Star wars battlefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi folks

Congratulation you are officially The Best Wife Ever! Yes - get Resident Evil and Batman to start with...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi folks

Does he have the camera also or did you buy that. It needs the camera for PSVR. Not supplied with headset.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    Does he have the camera also or did you buy that. It needs the camera for PSVR. Not supplied with headset.

Run that by me again re the camera? Is that a comment re the original PS4?

Batman Arkham isn't out yet or am I missing something?

I've pretty much bought him everything PS since the PS1 so I suppose it's inevitable I'll buy him the PS VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I've pretty much bought him everything PS since the PS1 so I suppose it's inevitable I'll buy him the PS VR!

Not sure what the aggression is for but read this and see the part about camera required

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139016-sony-playstation-vr-exposed-what-you-get-in-the-psvr-box-and-what-you-still-need-to-buy[url][/url]

Aggression? :confused: I just don't understand what you mean re the camera. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Aggression? :confused: I just don't understand what you mean re the camera. ;)

To get the PSVR working you need to buy (separately):
    • A PS4
    • A PSVR headset
    • A camera

After that, you can also buy the move controllers for a more immersive experience. But it's not necessary if you've already dropped 400 on a headset :)

But I concur with the others on BatmanVR and Star Wars. I think Star Wars is down to €10 now on the PSN store too?

Camera sits on or under your telly and is used for tracking the headset. €55 in Argos.

Batman Arkham VR is best bought digitally from PSN. It is available on disc (online) but costs a lot. Get it on PSN for €20.

Thanks for the help everyone. I just bought the camera as well - I didn't know I needed that so cheers. He can get Batman Arkham VR himself on the PSN.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Should we set up a PSVR bargains thread or just post them here?

What do people think?

I'm tempted to by a headset lately!

The resolution was a bit of an issue for me at the demo but with Dirt Rally now being compatible I'm sold!

Doge wrote: »

What do people think?

The resolution was a bit of an issue for me at the demo but with Dirt Rally now being compatible I'm sold!

Games are getting better at working the tech, the blacks are much blacker and the haze is gone from the newer games I've played.

The one big issue it still has, is bright lighting against dark shadows. Dirt looks amazing bar the parts where the trees cast a shadow on the road then things get pretty blocky. Resident evil had the same issue outside the house in daylight, but it was fine once you got indoors.

Hopefully as we see with the tech in general once they get better at pushing its limits we continue to see improvements.

Looking forward to watching some 3D movies on blue ray with the next update. I've yet to even see one in the cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:

Doge wrote:

Doge wrote:
    What do people think?

Doge wrote:

Yeah, dirt rally on it has me itching to pull the trigger on getting one aswell. GT Sport is supposed to be supporting it aswell. Hopefully Pcars 2 will but I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I'm thinking of picking this up as an impulse buy but not sure I can justify it. Would the people who've had it for months still recommend it?

Advertisement