Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Lads I'm thinking of picking this up as an impulse buy but not sure I can justify it. Would the people who've had it for months still recommend it?
    I've had it since launch, think its amazing but I have to admit I don't use it very much.
    I can't really explain why, partly due to ignoring my family when its on and partly due to the effort of putting it on.
    I'd say get it as it can be easily sold on without loosing much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lads I'm thinking of picking this up as an impulse buy but not sure I can justify it. Would the people who've had it for months still recommend it?

As above, I still think it's amazing but it's not going to be something you use every day. I wouldn't sell mine (but I'm a hoarder anyway) because every once in a while something piques my interest and I'm delighted I have it. And it blows people's minds when they visit :D

RedXIV wrote: »

As above, I still think it's amazing but it's not going to be something you use every day. I wouldn't sell mine (but I'm a hoarder anyway) because every once in a while something piques my interest and I'm delighted I have it. And it blows people's minds when they visit :D
    Yeah its great for a party piece alright. I wouldn't sell mine either although sometimes I think I should.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

So I've finally joined the PSVR Club today! :)

Tip: if you have a US psn account,download the PSVR "Demo Disc" as it has quite a few more demos than the Irish PSVR "demo"

Disappointingly Hustle Kings just shows you a virtual pool room with a "buy option" but no pool gameplay whatsoever.

My first 2 purchases were VR worlds - down to €30 in gamestop atm, and the Dirt Rally VR upgrade.

Also have Battlezone on the way from Amazon Italy where its about 26 euro delivered.

My relatives were blown away with Ocean Decent and london heist.

Dirt Rally is much more enjoyable and easier to drive once you get a bit of practice in.

I was surpiised to find that even non VR games like Wolfenstein the New Order are pretty immersive also, I may even complete it in VR.

The speediest rushes I experienced were Rez Infinite and that one track in the Trackmania demo that goes into cockpit view and up and down vertical slopes!

So my first question, is there an option to turn on the audio in the ps4 camera so you can hear someone come into the room while youre playing?

I remember someone mentioning it coming in a psn update but not sure if its out yet.

Also I dont think its possible but I'll ask anyway,
    Is there a way of disabling the 30 second countdown in Dirt Rally, and also the black tunnel effect, when you come off the track?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apollo 11 VR is on the PSN at the minute. €11.99 and its about 5gb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Doge wrote: »
    So my first question, is there an option to turn on the audio in the ps4 camera so you can hear someone come into the room while youre playing?

I remember someone mentioning it coming in a psn update but not sure if its out yet.

Also I dont think its possible but I'll ask anyway,
    Is there a way of disabling the 30 second countdown in Dirt Rally, and also the black tunnel effect, when you come off the track?

Cheers!

Welcome to the future :)

Yip you can turn on audio. It is an option that only appears when you turn on the headset. From the ps4 settings select devices and then audio. Then set sidetone to 5. It will funnel sound through the mic into the headset.

For dirt hold the handbrake O button to cut down the 30 sec count down.

Not found a way to turn off the black tunnel effect it is there to stop you getting sick. Crashing apparently has a big impact on motion sickness.

There is a few oprions in the game settings under HUD options. One to mess with is camera motion, it is preset to locked so you stay still and the car moves around you.

If you turn it off you bounce around the car like you would in real life. It is more realistic but does trigger the motion sickness.

Welcome to the future :)

Yip you can turn on audio. It is an option that only appears when you turn on the headset. From the ps4 settings select devices and then audio. Then set sidetone to 5. It will funnel sound through the mic into the headset.

For dirt hold the handbrake O button to cut down the 30 sec count down.

Not found a way to turn off the black tunnel effect it is there to stop you getting sick. Crashing apparently has a big impact on motion sickness.

There is a few oprions in the game settings under HUD options. One to mess with is camera motion, it is preset to locked so you stay still and the car moves around you.

If you turn it off you bounce around the car like you would in real life. It is more realistic but does trigger the motion sickness.

Thanks a mil!

I was hoping you could disable the 30 second countdown apperong altogether so you dont have to hold down the handbrake twice just to start a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Why is there a version of Dying Reborn for 19euro then a VR Version for 10euro anyone know?

Also anyone try it out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why is there a version of Dying Reborn for 19euro then a VR Version for 10euro anyone know?

Also anyone try it out?

Full game is six chapters, VR version is an abridged version with three chapters.

• Advertisement

Anyone having temporary problems with depth perception in real life after using PSVR for as while?

It's nothing huge but it definitely goes a bit funny for me after playing.

Hoping it doesn't turn into something more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Suffice to say this is a massive hit for a 44th birthday present and that's just with the demo game.

Thanks again for all the advice.:D

Anyone having temporary problems with depth perception in real life after using PSVR for as while?

The first night I got it, I played for like 7 hours on and off. Eyes were all screwed up the following day

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The first night I got it, I played for like 7 hours on and off. Eyes were all screwed up the following day

Did it stop after a while?

yeah after my first time with it I went to put a cup on the counter and it took 4 goes just to put it down :)

This does clear up, I don't get it anymore, I had even forgotten about it until I saw your post.

Did it stop after a while?

It does indeed. You'll get your VR legs in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

When you play a FPS game like Res Evil, do you generally sit or stand?

When ducking behind an object do you literally bend down, or press a button?

mrcheez wrote: »
    When you play a FPS game like Res Evil, do you generally sit or stand?

When ducking behind an object do you literally bend down, or press a button?
    Sit for everything for me. Fruit ninja was the only exception.

iamtony wrote: »

You can physically duck if you want though, and full 360 swivel or just 180/270 ?

The only thing you can't do is walk around the virtual space ala HTC Vive is that right?

iamtony wrote: »

You can physically duck if you want though, and full 360 swivel or just 180/270 ?

The only thing you can't do is walk around the virtual space ala HTC Vive is that right?
    You don't need to duck much but yes you can and I don't think any game requires you to swival more than 180° it usually has a quick turn button or something.
    You can walk around a bit I suppose once your in range of the camera.

• Advertisement

Grand. I was going to go for HTC Vive just purely for the immersion of being able to physically move around in the environment, but going to wait for next version before I splurge on a new PC etc... so PSVR will do me for next few years :)

Thanks for the confirmation on depth perception guys.
    Grand. I was going to go for HTC Vive just purely for the immersion of being able to physically move around in the environment, but going to wait for next version before I splurge on a new PC etc... so PSVR will do me for next few years :)

In London Heist in the lobby room where you first get a bit of action, you kinda have to stand as there's a clock in your way and it's very hard to take out some enemies. So there is a little bit of room scale with PSVR alright. In. Ocean Descent you can walk around the cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Played bit more of Resident evil there other day I don't get much time but look forward to it!

What found myself doing was playing in VR up until was starting feel bit off then take headset off feel fine again and play game some more normally.

The atmosphere is obviously so different in VR but at same time it's nice to just pick up and play it the Original way to!

I find I'll come across things I didn't in VR in the normal game because of clearer broader vision and I'll also get to certain parts in game that although they give off such great sense of horror I wonder "Imagine what that would of been like In VR".

For that reason alone I'd imagine when I do finish the game I'd like to go back and play again solely in VR.

One way or another it's a great game and I hope Resident Evil is finally back on track from here in!

I picked up a PS4 yesterday for around €160/170 there in a recent bargain alert and it'd be nice to get some bargains with the remaining bits I need (move controllers / camera / PSVR headset).

I don't suppose there are any deals in any of these in the coming month or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I picked up a PS4 yesterday for around €160/170 there in a recent bargain alert and it'd be nice to get some bargains with the remaining bits I need (move controllers / camera / PSVR headset).

I don't suppose there are any deals in any of these in the coming month or so?

Lemme get my crystal ball out...
    Setup an alert on adverts maybe, I think Doge got a great deal recently on his VR stuff. But how long do you want to be waiting...?

sweetie wrote: »
    Setup an alert on adverts maybe, I think Doge got a great deal recently on his VR stuff. But how long do you want to be waiting...?

Not sure, I'm off travelling for a month in a few weeks so I guess I can wait till the summer :cool:

Maybe there will be a summer sale.. anyway I guess no cheap deals out there now.

sweetie wrote: »

Yeah I managed to get the PSVR with the v2 camera and one move controller for €300 second hand on adverts.

Surprised no one else jumped in at that price.

Yeah I managed to get the PSVR with the v2 camera and one move controller for €300 second hand on adverts.

Surprised no one else jumped in at that price.

Nice, I'll keep an eye out

Update 4.5 is out tomorrow and with it some PSVR updates. Mainly 3D Blu Rays now work through the PSVR and there is an improvement to the home screen when you exit out of a game. If you have the screen set to small or medium it will now show in 120htz rather than 90 making it look a tiny bit better :)

But also you can now copy games to a USB Hard Drive if you are stuck for space.

• Advertisement

and here I was thinking the PS4 doesn't play BluRays, didn't know about the update

Advertisement