Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

mrcheez wrote: »
    Reckon they'd be selling PSVR bundles at it?

I'm not sure highly doubt it its probably Gamestop that would be selling them if anything and good luck buying from them they will rip you off with pricing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I'm not sure highly doubt it its probably Gamestop that would be selling them if anything and good luck buying from them they will rip you off with pricing...

I find Gamestop pricing for consoles and other hardware to be quite competitive. I bought my PS4 slim and my PSVR there. Got a great bundle deal on the former and the latter cost the RRP when they were like gold dust and 2nd hand ones on Adverts and in CEX were going for €600+. They are a rip off for games though, I'll agree with that. They could potentially clean up at Gamercon if they were to bring some discounted PSVR to sell or even if they did a Ps4/PSVR bundle deal.

SteoL wrote: »
    I find Gamestop pricing for consoles and other hardware to be quite competitive. I bought my PS4 slim and my PSVR there. Got a great bundle deal on the former and the latter cost the RRP when they were like gold dust and 2nd hand ones on Adverts and in CEX were going for €600+. They are a rip off for games though, I'll agree with that. They could potentially clean up at Gamercon if they were to bring some discounted PSVR to sell or even if they did a Ps4/PSVR bundle deal.

Care to elaborate on these deals you got?..

Care to elaborate on these deals you got?..

PS4 slim just after launch. Got the 1TB console, a controller and GTA5 for €350. Essentially I got the controller and game for free. The PSVR was just RRP of €399 but was out of stock throughout the country at the time so felt like a sweet deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

PlayStation VR is down to €375 brand new from Tescos eBay store.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351993747619

Handy for those with parcel motel / wizard or address pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I'm addicted to the Wolves Within atm.

Heard a few good things about that.might get it. I ended up getting Tumble VR, Batman, Pixel Gear, Rush of Blood and some move controllers too.

Also thinking of buying Eagle Flight as I have also heard good things about it and I seen Argos have it for €26.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6265715/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+games%7C37328632.htm

Is Werewolves within multi player only or can it be played singularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

SteoL wrote: »
    Is Werewolves within multi player only or can it be played singularly?

multiplayer online only.

Thanks. Won't bother with it so. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

A Ghostbusters VR experience is available now (at least on the US Store) for $6.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It is getting hammered, about 10 mins of gameplay, with very little to do, and looks and plays terribly.

I'm done with "VR experiences" now, it was acceptable for launch week when we needed something to show the tech. 6 months down the line, it is a big nope unless they are free like that violin guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Content has been fairly thin on the ground for the PSVR hasn't it? I've barely touched mine in weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tusky wrote: »
    Content has been fairly thin on the ground for the PSVR hasn't it? I've barely touched mine in weeks.

Yeap. Other than Resi Evil, I've barely used mine since I got it at Xmas :(

Tusky wrote: »

Every evening i'm sitting down for one game of Werewolves within... before I know it hours have passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Every evening i'm sitting down for one game of Werewolves within... before I know it hours have passed!

I've heard so much about WW but I never actually bothered to look into it until now, and after watching some gameplay it has me convinced to get it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Does playing games in cinema mode increase the immersiveness of the the games, or is it just like sitting close to a large TV?

Thinking it'd be great for Horizon, but for now I'm going to sit up next to my 55"

Does playing games in cinema mode increase the immersiveness of the the games, or is it just like sitting close to a large TV?

Thinking it'd be great for Horizon, but for now I'm going to sit up next to my 55"

I found PT to be great in the Cinematic mode. You almost forget about the black edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I found PT to be great in the Cinematic mode. You almost forget about the black edges.

So it's like playing from the 3rd row of the cinema or something?

Is resolution full on 1080p or slightly less than the TV?

So it's like playing from the 3rd row of the cinema or something?

Is resolution full on 1080p or slightly less than the TV?

It'd be less. 1080p spread across 2 lenses, as with all other content played through the cinematic mode.

As for distance, it depends on what size screen you choose.

Depends on the game. For bf1 i found it too hard to follow what was happening but for wildlands it was great as everything was much bigger.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    I've heard so much about WW but I never actually bothered to look into it until now, and after watching some gameplay it has me convinced to get it! :pac:

It is sooo addictive . I'm loving it . I've only one trophy left to get my platinum one. Hoping this weekend I'll get it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hadn't used mine too much for a while, but Headmaster got a big update recently.
    Some great additions to it with a multiplayer mode with Bowling/Darts/Carnival games.

Great fun

I also found that the recent PS update made a massive improvement to the tracking, I have Sports Bar and it was pretty much unplayable before, I'm able to have a decent game of pool now.

I really do love Headmaster, it's an unbelievably simple concept but it makes such great use out of the technology available. Haven't heard about this update, might dive back into it tonight to see what it's all about! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys my brother text me there tonight and asked did i know how much the PSVR and Camera are selling for?

He's going to sell his because it's giving him pretty bad motion sickness and it's not being used because of that and is going to put it on Adverts.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys my brother text me there tonight and asked did i know how much the PSVR and Camera are selling for?

He's going to sell his because it's giving him pretty bad motion sickness and it's not being used because of that and is going to put it on Adverts.

€450 in Smyths for camera and headset. If you want move controllers it would be €70 more. Pretty sure this is the cheapest in B&M shops. Not sure what it would cost second hand but know CEX would be dearer than Smyths.

Maybe check prices on adverts to see what it costs preowned.

emmetkenny wrote: »

I would say if you were selling the headset and Camera as a bundle advert then I think it'd be fair to ask €400 for the two of them (i.e. listing price) but be willing to accept as offers of in or around €350.
    As long as everything is in good nick and the original packaging is in place I wouldn't go much lower than that.

After hearing about the update to Headmaster here I purchased it also bought Bound as well.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

picked up RE7. played for a short time. The VR is great. slight motion sickness for a few mins till you got use to it.  
    question though do you need to play all of the  "beginning hour" demo before this. does it add to the game? I only played the first Demo.

• Advertisement

Nope, the demo is just to show off how the game works. It isnt actually the first hour of the main game, it is set in the same house and has a mix of some bits from the game and some bits just made for the demo. (You play the camera crew section, then try to escape)

No harm playing it as it is a bit different, but if you skip it you are missing nothing important for the main story.

Advertisement