Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Will the old sharpshooter work with it? I hope so, it worked really well for Killzone as a light gun back in the day.

Don't think it does

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone getting worried about the lack of releases for this ?

Surely not a dead technology after just 6 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Aren't there a fair few releases due this month?

There do seem to be many indie releases alright... probably takes a while for the larger ones to come around though due to development times post-release of the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

s8n wrote: »
    Anyone getting worried about the lack of releases for this ?

Surely not a dead technology after just 6 months ?
    Arguably it's biggest releases are still to come out this year, Farpoint being one of them at the end of this month; GT Sport, Tekken, and a few others to follow also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

there's 20% off amazon warehouse at the moment and this is included

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    there's 20% off amazon warehouse at the moment and this is included

Is it? Didn't seem to be listed as part of the 20% off items.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Sony-9827054-PlayStation-VR/product/B00I9WWBCQ?active=used&context=search

Seems to be same price as before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is it? Didn't seem to be listed as part of the 20% off items.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Sony-9827054-PlayStation-VR/product/B00I9WWBCQ?active=used&context=search

Seems to be same price as before

go into the promotion, then video games, then ps4, then consoles and it's there for ?318, take 20% gives you approx ?255/?300, not bad

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ULWWFIC/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2OAJ7377F756P

sweetie wrote: »
    go into the promotion, then video games, then ps4, then consoles and it's there for ?318, take 20% gives you approx ?255/?300, not bad

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ULWWFIC/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2OAJ7377F756P

ah right, I was looking at the "Very Good - Used" ones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00I9WWBCQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

£277 .. but that price seems pretty consistent.

The "Like new" ones are essentially brand new and untouched right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Star Trek looks like a great game if you've 3 other friends with PSVR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks awesome, but I don't have 1 friend with PSVR. Wonder if there'll be random match making or something like that?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looks awesome, but I don't have 1 friend with PSVR. Wonder if there'll be random match making or something like that?

We could always set up some kinda Boards deal - i'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get 4 of us together

Make it so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Star Trek looks like a great game if you've 3 other friends with PSVR

Sorry, haven't been able to watch the video. Does that basically mean it can't be played as a single player campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Sorry, haven't been able to watch the video. Does that basically mean it can't be played as a single player campaign?

there is a single player campaign as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

mrcheez wrote: »
    The "Like new" ones are essentially brand new and untouched right?

Yes - you are correct - the box might be missing the outer sleeve or the the outer sleeve might have a bit of wear and tear but once you open the box you will find the console has never been used. I bought a slim Like New last year and the all the accessories were still in their bags and the console was mint.

Apart from the box it will look and feel brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Right so I've finally gathered a bit of money together and I'm thinking of buying this whats every ones impressions ?

Best games etc

Right so I've finally gathered a bit of money together and I'm thinking of buying this whats every ones impressions ?

Best games etc

Resident Evil, Headmaster and if you have Star Wars Battlefront, the VR Mission is class.

If you are getting the Move controllers too I'd go with Batman and Rush of Blood

It's a great bit of kit but still missing some essential games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Best games etc

Dude, if you look at the forum..about 2 threads below this...there is a thread called

TOP 30 PSVR games...as voted for by 2,000 PS VR owners.

So having had a weekend with this I got VR Worlds and a few demos

London Heist is mind blowing , (have the move controllers) would love a full length version of it , Could see myself playing that all day lol

Shark experience also could be fantastic if folded into a full length game

Scavengers Odyssey is fun too really enjoyed that also , still not finished it

The VR beachball game is fun but this is the only one that stood out as a gimmick to me fun for 5 mins

In short I love being in the game its something I've never experienced before. I do think we're all on the entry level with this and it'll be properly amazing once we start getting some full length games, already have Farpoint and gun thing preordered and picked up Rush of Blood and Here they Lie on the way home from work this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Lately I have been spending hours in Werewolves WIthin, Korix, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Best games etc

Keep your money and wait until it has more then one or two essential games.

I regret buying it so soon to be honest. Its one of those things you will play once in a while for a number of different reasons.

Not saying its ****e or anything its just not currently worth the money involved.

Resident evil was amazing once i got over the motion sickness but again i couldnt just sit down relax and play it like i want to do when i play a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Really looking forward to Polybius launching tomorrow. It's one of the main reasons I got PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Best games etc

Consider waiting for the new Windows HMDs if you have a recent PC. Too early to tell if they will be even close to the hype of course, but the specs / early reviews sound good. Some are scheduled to ship this year, to be as cheap as PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Polybius is really good.

That's the kind of thing I want from VR. Abstract experiences. Thumper and Rez work in a similar manner. I don't want a simulation of being a guy walking around a room, it will always be crap. I want a game that makes me forget I actually have a body.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

DriveClub VR is 20e atm on PSN Store, worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is it worth it with having the move controllers or camera?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is it worth it with having the move controllers or camera?

It wont work without the camera

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Polybius is really good.

That's the kind of thing I want from VR. Abstract experiences. Thumper and Rez work in a similar manner. I don't want a simulation of being a guy walking around a room, it will always be crap. I want a game that makes me forget I actually have a body.

no-you.jpg?itok=ojpaqq1Y

Anyone ever get a VR hangover ? Never had any motion sickness while playing , but started up Here they Lie the other day was perfect playing it , played for about 2 hours on wednesday night

Was in work thursday morning and felt really weird and wooly walking around I presume that was down to the VR I wasn't drinking or anything else, Didn't last too long was grand again by the evening

• Advertisement

Anyone ever get a VR hangover ? Never had any motion sickness while playing , but started up Here they Lie the other day was perfect playing it , played for about 2 hours on wednesday night

Was in work thursday morning and felt really weird and wooly walking around I presume that was down to the VR I wasn't drinking or anything else, Didn't last too long was grand again by the evening

Ya, the first day I had it, spent about 7 hours in VR land. Felt really funny the next day

Advertisement