Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it today or tomorrow farpoint is out ? Who's buying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is it today or tomorrow farpoint is out ? Who's buying

Reviews are kinda lining up with how it looked to me from the off. I'll wait for a good discount. Hope other games use the aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

same here going to hold off, Can't justify €90 for a VR game no matter what comes with it. €60 and I would have gotten it Day one. They really just have went for this sort of price point.

Lukily Star Trek is finally out the end of the month so my money will be boldly going in that direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Apparently Arizona Sunshine will support the Aim controller when it's released next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Do you need the Aim Controller for Farpoint?.. I haven't touched my VR in over a month ...

• Advertisement

Arizona Sunshine looks cool aswell I'm definitely going to get Farpoint tomorrow anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Do you need the Aim Controller for Farpoint?.. I haven't touched my VR in over a month ...

It's meant to be absolute crap without the Aim .
    I think on one review I watched, he said that instead of head tracking aiming like in RE7...you have to hold up the controller and use the sensor or whatever on that and that it makes for super awkward and bad playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Elite dangerous is reportedly one of the best pc vr games.

It is coming out on PS4.

Unfortunately there is no suggestion in the trailer that it will run in VR on PS4. shame, real missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anybody pick up Dick Wilde? ... Don't know whether to get it or Psychonauts..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fian wrote: »
    Elite dangerous is reportedly one of the best pc vr games.

It is coming out on PS4.

Unfortunately there is no suggestion in the trailer that it will run in VR on PS4. shame, real missed opportunity.

Yup, no VR, confirmed by the developers, at least at launch. They do say its something they are interested in. So..... Let's all look forward to the VR add on for €24.99 or something ridiculous like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Roll on Tuesday and Star Trek Bridge Crew is all I can say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

In the PSVR Facebook group people are raving about the experience with Farpoint and the aim controller. There was some good deals on it also, keep an eye on Hotukdeals​.

I have it aswell its fantastic Far point I mean, The layout is made for an Aliens or Doom game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doge wrote: »
    In the PSVR Facebook group people are raving about the experience with Farpoint and the aim controller. There was some good deals on it also, keep an eye on Hotukdeals​.

90% of PSVR owners rave about every new thing that comes to PSVR as they want to justify their purchases.

Personally half the games are average, with only 1 or 2 really good ones.
    From what I seen of farpoint its looks like a good shooter, with bland environments and poor animations....but because it's on VR it's the best thing since sliced bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

SeantheMan wrote: »
    90% of PSVR owners rave about every new thing that comes to PSVR as they want to justify their purchases.

Personally half the games are average, with only 1 or 2 really good ones.
    From what I seen of farpoint its looks like a good shooter, with bland environments and poor animations....but because it's on VR it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Farpoint wouldn't rate well as an FPS outside of VR, but the VR thing does add something to it imho. Its fun, but not the killer app some people want it to be.

Haven't played much as it made me a bit sick. Will have to give it another go, once I get my setup setup a bit better, couldn't configure things right due to my camera's position. Should have that sorted with a camera clip that I can put on top of my tv.

But isn't that the point ......I get it , it's a pretty standard FPS to be fair , But the feeling of being in it is what makes it fantastic , I agree though imagine what something like Aliens or Doom will look like in VR a proper full game not a tech demo like some of the games are..

Been thinking of picking up Dick Wylde looks a bit of fun and works with AIM controller aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Star Trek Bridge Crew is getting good reviews so far. Roll on 1 am when I can play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Star Trek Bridge Crew is getting good reviews so far. Roll on 1 am when I can play it

I really like the look of this, loved the likes of Bridge Commander, but my social gaming phobia puts me right off. I'd probably get over it for a TNG set.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I really like the look of this, loved the likes of Bridge Commander, but my social gaming phobia puts me right off. I'd probably get over it for a TNG set.

I think you can play it on your own? Probably not as good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Bridge Crew is absolutely fantastic. The closest VR has come to a "system seller" IMO. Its doable on your own but definitely shines with a full crew of 4 humans. I never, ever play MP games, and I don't have any IRL friends with VR, but I took the plunge yesterday and played for a couple of hours with a group of 3 randoms, and it was amazing.

I play on the Vive, but since its cross-platform i thought I'd pop in here. If anyone would like to join up sometime, friend me on Uplay - user name is the same. (as someone who absolutely hates MP, is super shy and socially awkward, that is a sentence i never thought i would type, but i do it for Trek!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Champions League final in VR only for UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

419045.JPG

:pac:

Tried the kitchen demo last night for the first time and wow, the most amazing 3D effect Iever experienced.

Going to get a lend of RE7 from a friend, cant wait to play the whole thing in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing farpoint, it took about an hour to realise I'd to move the gun to my shoulder to use the "physical sight" was doing it at arms length.

Finally played the Star wars Battlefront VR mission last night , I need a full length game of that in my life. Something like Rogue Squadron years ago on the n64

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finally played the Star wars Battlefront VR mission last night , I need a full length game of that in my life. Something like Rogue Squadron years ago on the n64

Is there much replay-ability with it?

Wish it was stand-alone, as I'd just buy Star Wars for the add-on alone :(

Not really I played it once the VR mission there's a part where you can save one of the other pilots , I failed , it still continued on though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there much replay-ability with it?

Wish it was stand-alone, as I'd just buy Star Wars for the add-on alone :(

If you buy a 12 month PS+ now you get SWBF free.

The Days of Play sale is going to feature a PSVR starter kit including:

- PSVR headset
    - Camera
    - 2 PSVR games (Farpoint + VR Worlds)

for £350

Good deal I reckon??!

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/buy-ps4/ps4-deals/

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Days of Play sale is going to feature a PSVR starter kit including: