Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mrcheez wrote: »
    What movement settings were u using?

Found the smooth setting gave me most issues

Whatever was default was and I used the analogue stick on the gun to spin around rather than just by looking around which is meant to get some people.

Will have to check, I think it was smooth as it looked smooth. I mess around a it and the clicking view change one for a bit but went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Varik wrote: »
    Whatever was default was and I used the analogue stick on the gun to spin around rather than just by looking around which is meant to get some people.

Will have to check, I think it was smooth as it looked smooth. I mess around a it and the clicking view change one for a bit but went back.

Default is no turn which worked but was kinda weird as you had to turn around 180 physically to go back

Not good for a chair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Im going to be bate by time i finish posting upcoming PSVR titles!

Default is no turn which worked but was kinda weird as you had to turn around 180 physically to go back

Not good for a chair

Not sure what it was then, it could turn with just the stick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Needs a big VR Cinema app, or is there one? Can you stream Movies from your PC through the PS4 to use with the PSVR?

Needs a big VR Cinema app, or is there one? Can you stream Movies from your PC through the PS4 to use with the PSVR?

There's a built-in media player, you just need to setup a media server on your PC

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/stream-from-pc-to-ps4

The cinema mode on PSVR is excellent, even the sound is 3D.

Is it anything like that, or just a screen floating in space?

Is it anything like that, or just a screen floating in space?

Just floating in space unfortunately, Sony really need a virtual cinema.

Just caved in and ordered the farpoint and aim controller bundle!

They're like goldust at the moment, if anyone is looking for them Harvey Norman have them in stock, its €95 with delivery or €90 instore.

Good deal on the base game of Farpoint here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/farpoint-ps4-24-85-shopto-2719068

I just couldnt wait for the aim controller on its own to be released, i need it NOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

PSVR 1st impressions..

came home from work fri shopto box arrived yay! 2 days from ordering not too shabby..

set up took ages/hours..and plugging in cables accidentally powered on playstation (with those annoying buttons on front main reason buy digital now) and plugged out without thinking fudged it so thought had broken completely agghhh...had to restore default settings but all good easy fix..
    i think cabling/camera/headset will be a lot easier on subsequent goes just need to get your head round how will store it all etc..

anyways once all done then realised had to download farpoint which took ages too argh!
    as i wear glasses took a while to get headset right where u not seeing gap at bottom but will get easier too i think..i manage to wear my bose noise-cancelling headphones sort of upside down while using headset too which pretty happy with.
    while waiting tried Tales from the Borderlands game in 2D...pretty cool in the big screen. although switches perspectives alot so bit jarring when it goes very close up...think will work better with games with one perspective maybe...am keen to try Alien isolation again through it although supposedly causes motion sickness i think..
    I'm guessing if watching a movie or playing a normal game don't need the camera so cud just sit normally in couch with headset on?

anyways close to midnight finally load farpoint!!
    at the start i'm like wtf small screen with 2 scientists waffling...this hardly it surely.
    opens up your flying through space in craft...wow its just amazing!
    think a lot of reviews don't do justice to the freshness of the gaming experience. Was far more a feeling of being actually there then a game only.
    one you land on the planet your looking around and enjoying every minute.
    was picking off spiders for a while flinching if got close...then after go through cave stop to look at giant crater to my right...suddenly attacked by 2 spiders on blind side...freaked me out completely had to pull off visor!!

i think i played for maybe 40 minutes total? no bad affects at all....and came into my head a lot today i loved it.
    completely sold by the medium by my first experience...already more keen to splash on games then i thought I would..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Getting pissed off messing around trying to place my v1 camera in a stable position. It's something I've been meaning to fix since launch and now I've had enough of it. Has anyone got a tripod they'd recommend. Is the screw connector a standard size or does it need an adapter? Seriously hard to find answers online to this.

Those Farpoint spiders jumping at your face really is intense. Looking forward to trying Res Evil as I think I understand now how the fear is more real due to the immersion.

Can't wait for Superhot. Going to need to invest in a pair of Move controllers for that though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Got Farpoint for father's day :D
    My god that game is intense, a bit linear in terms of you just walk forward fight some enemies and walk forward again but its done so well. It the best game I have played for tracking , its juts works and flawlessly. The gun controller is really well designed and feels as natural as a dualshock for playing FPS games. Looking forward to getting my hands on Arizona Sunshine at the end of the month.

Tried to explain how amazing farpoint is to a few lads here in work but trying to explain it to people who havent tried VR is next ti impossible.

You can pre-order Doom VFR from Grainger games for only ?17.99.

https://www.graingergames.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=0&topcategory=games&stockid=99501

Free delivery to the UK, or ?4 postage to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I wonder is that a re-release with the VR add-on included. Kind of like Dirt did, or a stand alone VR Doom game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the bundle Days of Play sale for this still available anywhere? Thanks.

I wonder is that a re-release with the VR add-on included. Kind of like Dirt did, or a stand alone VR Doom game.

It's a standalone VR game.

Doge wrote: »
    You can pre-order Doom VFR from Grainger games for only ?17.99.

https://www.graingergames.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=0&topcategory=games&stockid=99501

Free delivery to the UK, or ?4 postage to Ireland.

Seems pretty cheap, is that the RRP ?

Seems pretty cheap, is that the RRP ?

Not sure what rhe RRP is but shopto sre selling it for £27.85 and GAME are listing it for £55 accordint to the post on hukd.

• Advertisement

The digital version on the ps store is 30 euro. I think its only ?19 on the uk store.

God Bethesda suck.

Just saw Skyrim up for 69.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

God Bethesda suck.

Just saw Skyrim up for 69.99.

The VR Version?

And yet Doom VR is only 29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That and Fallout 4 seem to be full price releases from what I can see. I won't be buying Fallout 4 for the third time! I think I'll look into using Trinus on the PC version a bit more. Haven't tried it in a while, it must have come along a bit by now.

I got the PS4 edition of Skyrim and would have gotten a paid VR update if say €20 or there about but not buying another copy of the game.

That and Fallout 4 seem to be full price releases from what I can see. I won't be buying Fallout 4 for the third time! I think I'll look into using Trinus on the PC version a bit more. Haven't tried it in a while, it must have come along a bit by now.

Was asking the developer if he'll be updating the app, especially the tracking and he said he'll be supporting the NoloVR tracking unit soon which you could mount on top of the PSVR.

Its a bit pricey though, it was $100 for the tracker in the kickstarter campaign but now theres only the tracking unit bundled with motion controllers to pre-order @ $200.

https://www.nolovr.com/

Free Spiderman game coming to PSVR June 30th:

Got my PSVR today. I have an Oculus DK2 so I'm used to vr. Tried a few things on VR Worlds, thought they were a bit crap really. Nothing amazing. Then I tried Farpoint...

Amazing. Really good feeling of being on that planet. So good. Might have felt a little queasy but changed the turn speed a bit. I'm fairly close to my camera here so I feel a bit too close in game, how far is the right distance? Mu God I hope that gun gets a bit cheaper, I'll deff buy it.

• Advertisement

Weird I thought VR worlds was pretty epic. Even small things like hitting the ball around with your DS4 on the game selection area were really immersive (I particularly liked the Odyssey one with all the debris floating around you and you can look in close at the ball-planet and "scrape" more debris off it). Things like that are gimmicks but cool.

Anyone got tips on sharpening the image? How far should I sit from the camera when setting the eye to eye distance etc?

Advertisement