Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Got my PSVR today. I have an Oculus DK2 so I'm used to vr. Tried a few things on VR Worlds, thought they were a bit crap really. Nothing amazing. Then I tried Farpoint...
    so you have more high spec VR and then bought PSVR as well...spot richy rich!!
    just jealous really.  Am sure we'll find VR worlds more impressive not being used to VR.
    Once you have played both for a while maybe you can give us a rundown on how they compare.
    My mate has Occulus Rift and keeps banging the room scale and improved graphics drum but am sure it is good..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got my PSVR today. I have an Oculus DK2 so I'm used to vr. Tried a few things on VR Worlds, thought they were a bit crap really. Nothing amazing. Then I tried Farpoint...

Amazing. Really good feeling of being on that planet. So good. Might have felt a little queasy but changed the turn speed a bit. I'm fairly close to my camera here so I feel a bit too close in game, how far is the right distance? Mu God I hope that gun gets a bit cheaper, I'll deff buy it.

Resi 7. Best game on VR
    Night time
    Headphones off
    Lights off
    Immerse yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Morshlac wrote: »
    so you have more high spec VR and then bought PSVR as well...spot richy rich!!
    just jealous really.  Am sure we'll find VR worlds more impressive not being used to VR.
    Once you have played both for a while maybe you can give us a rundown on how they compare.
    My mate has Occulus Rift and keeps banging the room scale and improved graphics drum but am sure it is good..

I have a DK2 which is way less than the current Oculus. PSVR has a far better resolution and just feels better than it. I'll probably sell the DK2 now if I can hack the PSVR with my PC, I really wont need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this! :)

KKZBFpR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Doge wrote: »
    Can't wait to sink my teeth into this! :)
    Well jell. :p

Get it at a good price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is the orb at the top of the gun built in? As in its not a move controller you can take out and use without the gun?

Nailz wrote: »
    Well jell. :p

Get it at a good price?

Nah it was 90 euro. The thing is practically sold out everywhere in the US, UK and Ireland, so when i saw it on harvey norman i grabbed it.

I couldnt wait any longer and just pulled the trigger, pardon the pun!

Is the orb at the top of the gun built in? As in its not a move controller you can take out and use without the gun?

Yeah its built into the controller.

I bought the PS3 sharpshooter with the navigation controller when PSVR was announced in the hope i could use it on PSVR but alas it cannot.

Tested the youtube channel showed an unreleased demo before launch that used it for PSVR but that must have been before the developers could get their hands on Aim controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nah it was 90 euro. The thing is practically sold out everywhere in the US, UK and Ireland, so when i saw it on harvey norman i grabbed it.

I couldnt wait any longer and just pulled the trigger, pardon the pun!

Sometimes it just feels right to pay full price when it's worth it

(This is coming from a bargain alerts addict)

I'm going to do the same with the PlayStation move controller as I don't want a used one so just going to pay full price

• Advertisement

I welcome propaganda in VR form

Played Battlefront VR mission. It's unreal. Wish there was more of it.

Bought that vr bar thing. Can't set it up for the life of me. It's just not right at all. Do playstation give refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Traded in some stuff so I got myself a PSVR. Not had a chance to try it yet, just get it all connected and set up. There are a lot more wires than I was expecting. Everything seems good so far, except my glasses make it a tad uncomfortable but I'll get used to that. The Danganronpa demo is fun if you've played them previously. It was great being right in the middle of the Class Trial.

fixxxer wrote: »
    my glasses make it a tad uncomfortable but I'll get used to that.
    Ya I had the same thing, actually going to give contacts another few goes since have specsavers right outside work (cudn't get the friggin things in when tried)..think it would be a lot easier get the Headset adjusted right with them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

There are a lot of rumours online that Rockstar is going to announce LA Noire as a remaster for Switch, Xbox and PS4, with a first person view mode, a la GTA 5.

And VR compatible with PSVR

Why not just give us GTA VR instead of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why not just give us GTA VR instead of that?

Why not both?

LA Noire wasn't great, it's almost free for PC as it is. I can't see anyone excited to buy that again.

LA Noire wasn't great, it's almost free for PC as it is. I can't see anyone excited to buy that again.
    I loved that game! The interviewing for me although was patchy in parts was superb and something very new which quite enjoy in a game. Also loved the idea of walking around sleuthing for clues.
    That being said it has 0 replayability really as you know the outcomes/story...even if in PSVR i think...although could be cool for people who haven't played it.

Has anyone played Hustle Kings VR? Please tell me how to change the table height, it's far too low.

• Advertisement

A few things for the psvr newbies to try out: scavengers Odyssey on the VR Worlds disc is an amazing little FPS platformer and definitely up there with London heist. Cool to look down at your blue alien arms while it moves the mech around. Originally I didn't bother checking it out as I hadn't heard anyone talking about it.

Secondly, open YouTube and access the VR version then load up Gorillaz video Saturnz Barz.

This is the future :)

Got through the first area of Farpoint, same 3 enemies the whole time. Boss Fight? Same three enemies only loads more of them.

Lazy game design.

Got through the first area of Farpoint, same 3 enemies the whole time. Boss Fight? Same three enemies only loads more of them.

Lazy game design.

Yeah its fairly repetitive alright. If it wasnt for VR it would be a forgettable title. The online co-op is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yeah its fairly repetitive alright. If it wasnt for VR it would be a forgettable title. The online co-op is nice though.

Agree it is a copy and paste job but man does it look good in VR and the aim controller is just spot on, really well designed. Looking forward to trying other aim controller games in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Morshlac wrote: »
    I loved that game! The interviewing for me although was patchy in parts was superb and something very new which quite enjoy in a game. Also loved the idea of walking around sleuthing for clues.
    That being said it has 0 replayability really as you know the outcomes/story...even if in PSVR i think...although could be cool for people who haven't played it.

There is loads of replayability unless you followed a guide and got the perfect outcomes in each case the first time round!

That being said, I found reading the NPC's expressions extremely difficult and can't imagine it would be easier in lower res VR!

I still welcome any and all games to be reimagined in VR.

Anyone have suggestions on how to make things appear less blurry on screen, or is this just the resolution we have to deal with?

I've done the following...

- Manoeuvred helmet so the text is readable on the "Adjust VR Headset" screen
    - Set the eye distance away from the default by positioning the targets over my pupils.

Everything still seems to look blurry as if I've been swimming in a chlorinated pool for several hours ... anything else I should try or is that the way it looks this gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone have suggestions on how to make things appear less blurry on screen, or is this just the resolution we have to deal with?

I've done the following...

- Manoeuvred helmet so the text is readable on the "Adjust VR Headset" screen
    - Set the eye distance away from the default by positioning the targets over my pupils.

Everything still seems to look blurry as if I've been swimming in a chlorinated pool for several hours ... anything else I should try or is that the way it looks this gen?
    Have you tried calibrating the headset to your eye distance? Sounds like that may help in your case, eye strain could be affecting your vision after playing.
    This IGN article will help you calibrate this:

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Calibrate_PlayStation_VR#Measuring_Eye_Distance

There rest of that article is pretty useful to other aspects of the VR setup also.

Nailz wrote: »
    Have you tried calibrating the headset to your eye distance? Sounds like that may help in your case, eye strain could be affecting your vision after playing.
    This IGN article will help you calibrate this:

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Calibrate_PlayStation_VR#Measuring_Eye_Distance

There rest of that article is pretty useful to other aspects of the VR setup also.

Yup as I mentioned
    Set the eye distance away from the default by positioning the targets over my pupils.

So the "pool-chlorination effect" I'm getting shouldn't be happening?

Should I be seeing pixels at all? I'm not seeing any.. it's all smoothed out, but almost too much so that it's blurry.

No eye strain issues as I've 20/20 vision.

Will check the article thanks

Text whouldnt be blurry on the screen. Try moving the headset vertically to try and find the sweetspot and text looks clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I get that if the distance is too narrow. I've found that if I over shoot my pupils it gets clearer, 3D gets better and the "haze" reduces.

Rather than picking the dead centre of your pupil, select the outer left and right edges of each (maybe even past your iris.

I've tried going even further but I've not really noticed much improvement past that point.

I'd say go crazy, really go out wide or in narrow past your pupils just to see how it feels. And then start to bring in back. There is a sweet spot that takes a bit to find but makes a huge difference.

Also turn on Sidetone in the audio settings (it only appears when the headset is on) but this pushes the PSVR mic through the headset, so when someone walks in you can hear them and they don't scare the living poop out of you !!

Advertisement