Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anybody played Headmaster? Think it's my favourite so far. Just good fun and amazingly realistic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anybody played Headmaster? Think it's my favourite so far. Just good fun and amazingly realistic.

One of my favorites all right, great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Might be worth waiting for Arizona Sunshine to receive patches and come down in price...

Anyone playing it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Frank shouldn't have gotten the haircut... ;)

I mean Cam Annn!

I'm still going to get it though. I'm obsessed now with this thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm still going to get it though. I'm obsessed now with this thing.

Theyve submitted a patch to Playstation already apparently, but I think it will take a few patches to get the game right.

Just started the download, so will have some views after work sometime. I need to reel it in now, I've bought too much stuff. Could have done without some of it like Sports Bar etc. At least there's nothing big coming for a while after AS.

Just started the download, so will have some views after work sometime. I need to reel it in now, I've bought too much stuff. Could have done without some of it like Sports Bar etc. At least there's nothing big coming for a while after AS.

Superhot is the next biggie in next few weeks

mrcheez wrote: »
    Superhot is the next biggie in next few weeks

Then that's it I swear!

Then that's it I swear!

Have you bought the Move or Aim controllers ? Your spending has only begun mate ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, have the move controllers but can't find anything online about how to attach the wrist straps. Any ideas?

Yeah, have the move controllers but can't find anything online about how to attach the wrist straps. Any ideas?

Not just something like this?

W_hfLbR1aIdrazvarQqyoUp2wcEB7e0Hv2c9u81x8T7LWQCFvCsmq6h0CtDLJnUroIM=w200

Yep that's it! Thanks. Was googling "how do you" instead of a manual or a pic.

Well, Arizona Sunshine is not good. Wait and see what a patch does, but it looks terrible, it's not fun, and the controls are bad.

Very sad about this.

That was mentioned earlier alright... tbh if I did have them on they'd be hard to miss!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/57c48e/heres_a_picture_of_the_protective_films_on_the/

Looks like the lenses might be fubared IF the image I posted before is an accurate representation of what others are seeing (and I am not)

Regarding the blurry issues with PSVR, I *think* I have farsightedness as I can see things in the distance fine but reading small print I have to step back about 15cm before it's clear.

I take it having bad near sight is not conducive to clear visuals via PSVR as the lenses are right up close?

Anyway hopefully a pair of specs will make me finally enjoy PSVR, and I guess I have PSVR to thank for highlighting this issue with my sight :D

EDIT: Although comments here suggest that far-sighted people should have no issues ... now I'm confuzzled

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/40ft15/question_about_nearsightedness_and_farsightedness/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thankfully the PSVR is has the space to comfortably take specs since it slides up to your face rather than being strapped on.

Adr1ft is on sale for €6.99. Reviews are around the 6/10 3 star range so not worth the €20 but for €7 there must be some enjoyment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Adr1ft is on sale for €6.99. Reviews are around the 6/10 3 star range so not worth the €20 but for €7 there must be some enjoyment there.

don't think that's VR though

sweetie wrote: »
    don't think that's VR though

Balls you are right, I saw it was for Vive and Oculus so assumed it was on PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Played Arizona Sunshine last night, Man that is the last time I buy a VR game blindly. In my opinion its terrible. Boring level design, Guns are boring and I just don't get the point of it apart from shoot a few zombies in a desert. Aim controller accuracy is way off, teleportation is so annoying. Graphics are shocking and I am using the PRO.

Farpoint on the other hand is the complete opposite.

• Advertisement

Is the Battlefront VR mission really worth me buying Battlefront ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is the Battlefront VR mission really worth me buying Battlefront ?

I think it's worth a fiver for the VR experience itself. It's well put together and had me beaming, but it's just a short demo, with limited re-playability and a small bit ****e as regards actual gameplay - especially if you've played the old X-Wing/Tie-Fighter Games. Battlefront as a whole is fairly basic, but a fantastic recreation of some parts of the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd buy a full version of that Star Wars VR experience straight away if they brought one out , I know its short but it's been one of my favorite VR games to date need more !

To answer the question though I only played it cos I got Battlefront for free when I rebought plus I wouldn't go out of my way to pay 20 quid or so for it

Well it's "free" with PS Plus at the mo, but in reality you're paying €15 for it as plus was €35 last week and now €50 with free Battlefront.

So I guess I might get it for €15 (via PS plus) if I get a few playthroughs of the VR mission

I don't play online as I've no time really so I'd only be getting battlefront for the VR mission and PS plus for the discounts

It's worth it, believe me.

Thumper is a game I could live in, absolutely incredible. The closest we can get to experiencing a Tron-like environment. I often wonder what it'd be like to fall off the rail into the ether. Freaks me out looking over the edge or behind me.

This might need its own thread (begs the question: since PSVR is here to stay shouldn't it have its own forum?) but has anyone been following the discussion about "upscaling HDMI cables" that seem to improve the contrast , colours and sharpness on PSVR ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6d6hs0/the_upscaling_cables_work/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Fair few videos on YouTube too. It seems to be a more noticeable improvement for standard PS4 users rather than Pro users.

Very curious to try one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/playstation-vr-1235379/review/2/

pretty good review!

have appointment for contacts this morning hoping will help with nose gap issue

Ordered one of these stands just now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQLTRDM/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Probably should have checked here first, but anyone got experience with them?

at the moment my PSVR/Sennheiser headphones are on the floor so anything is better than that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just got Resi 7 after picking up the vr at the weekend.
    Hoping not to need the adult nappy I got too but you can't be too careful... ;)

Advertisement