Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Rush of Blood is a must IMO, especially if you've the Move Controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Morshlac wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting Rush of Blood, Robinson the Journey and Batman in the sale later.

Batman is only really 1 hour though yeah? Think I might wait till it drops around 50% off ... I'll have way too much in my backlog in the meantime!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Batman is only really 1 hour though yeah? Think I might wait till it drops around 50% off ... I'll have way too much in my backlog in the meantime!
    It took me about 2 hours, if not a bit more from what I remember. If you blaze through it it's probably closer to 45 minutes-1 hour, but in VR environment like that why would anyone do that?

I got it for full price at Christmas and didn't regret it, I got the bang for my buck IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Demo of Rush of blood doesn't do it justice. Play it alone, with the headphones up to 11.

Demo of Rush of blood doesn't do it justice. Play it alone, with the headphones up to 11.
    ... while wearing nappies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Smyths have Rigs down to a tenner now, brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Smyths have Rigs down to a tenner now, brand new.

I'll be getting that!

Gonna download Rush of Blood tonight too

Everything I've gotten so far has been great, even Mervils VR. It's really, really basic in graphics and design but shows you the potential of what VR could do with an RPG.

Everything I've gotten so far has been great, even Mervils VR. It's really, really basic in graphics and design but shows you the potential of what VR could do with an RPG.

HoloBall good? Considering adding it to my bulging backlog but if the tracking is good it looks like it might be worth it.

I can make the space in my room no problem.

Tracking is amazing in holo ball. You need a whole room to play it though, I'm going to have to try a few things out to get it working right, but it's so good. Total immersion.

Ping Pong VR doesn't take as much space, and it's really good too.

Got enough stars for the final exam in headmaster. I'm sad it's nearly over, one the best games I've ever played. And that's a lot of games.

• Advertisement

Tracking is amazing in holo ball. You need a whole room to play it though, I'm going to have to try a few things out to get it working right, but it's so good. Total immersion.

ffs... added.. what am I up to now? €120 spending on this sale??

ffs... added.. what am I up to now? €120 spending on this sale??

I'm about the same, not including superhot the night before.

I'm hoorhouse on psn, add me for some high score tracking. I have only 3 friends with vr.

Just played the demo of Super hyper cube. Ye gads, those are some impressive 3D visuals.

First time Ive said "wow" over and over during a PSVR game. Another one added to the list.

Tried Statik, its certainly interesting but i might come back to it later. It could just as well be a 2D game i think.

For some reason i cant start the Starblood Arena demo on the PSVR Demo disc, it just shows a static screen with a "buy" button?

Just played the demo of Super hyper cube. Ye gads, those are some impressive 3D visuals.

First time Ive said "wow" over and over during a PSVR game. Another one added to the list.

Tried Statik, its certainly interesting but i might come back to it later. It could just as well be a 2D game i think.

For some reason i cant start the Starblood Arena demo on the PSVR Demo disc, it just shows a static screen with a "buy" button?

Starblood on the disc is only a screen, the game is really good though. you can tip around 1 player till u feel you know what's up. well worth the investment. However for me, Battle Zone is the best option.

And now thanks to gambling and racecaller.com and not to mention disappointment and drunkeness. I'm goin down into that psvr sale again.

Oh dear, dropped another cool 91 euro on more games. I'll defo not regret this in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I downloaded Superhot VR today. Holy cow it is amazing

I downloaded Superhot VR today. Holy cow it is amazing

Yeah once I setup my camera properly, and cleared a space of all furniture it really came into it's own.

I now have over 5msq to play in and used Holoball to configure the camera correctly and can now reach for guns on the ground and jump out of the way of bullets without worrying about hitting anything.

Downside is vertical space... I did an overhand volley in Holoball and smashed my hand through my ceiling pendant light flying glass and blood everywhere.

30 mins clean up and a few plasters and I was back playing...

Super. Hot. :D

I reckon an hour of holo ball every night would have you fit as a fiddle in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

anyone thinking of picking up Paranormal Activity VR for PSVR. They said over on their twitter that they "promise" we will get to play it before the summer is over.
    it does look like a great jump scare experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played a bit of Farpoint with the gun controller. Surprised at how good the controller is, I was expecting a cheap Wii style add on, but it is pretty robust.

The way you can hold it up to your face and you actually look down the sights in game is amazing.

But my god did the motion sickness kick in quickly. Might not have been a great idea to try it hungover :D

• Advertisement

The way you can hold it up to your face and you actually look down the sights in game is amazing.

Do you not find you hit the headset a lot holding it up to your face?

Any idea when these are coming out without the Farpoint game?!?

If anyone is looking for a mind-trip, give Polybius a shot for €8.99. Standing up while playing is intense.

Be warned though, don't use it just before you are about to head to bed as I did last night. Crazy dreams.

If anyone is looking for a mind-trip, give Polybius a shot for €8.99. Standing up while playing is intense.

Be warned though, don't use it just before you are about to head to bed as I did last night. Crazy dreams.
    Haha, almost like that old Polybius urban legend. :D

Edit: In case some are not aware of the urban legend:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So I just finished Arkham VR just now please god make a full length game it's probably one of my favorite VR games to date if only it wasn't so short

I just beat the medium guy on holoball, and got a few scores on the leaderboards. I'm addicted to it now. Anybody else playing?

PSN: hoorhouse

I just beat the medium guy on holoball, and got a few scores on the leaderboards. I'm addicted to it now. Anybody else playing?

PSN: hoorhouse

Was but back is in agony after badly "dodging" shotgun pellets in Superhot so taking it easy with Brookhaven and Dick Wilde, both of which are excellent.

My mCable is arriving this week, and judging from the videos on youtube it makes psvr look superb, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

My mCable is arriving this week, and judging from the videos on youtube it makes psvr look superb, cant wait.

This mcable thing has been widely ridiculed on Reddit, are you getting some other opinions somewhere?

This mcable thing has been widely ridiculed on Reddit, are you getting some other opinions somewhere?

Ridiculed by people that haven't tried it ... the few that have have reported vast improvement.

This is a new "gaming" version specifically designed to improve anti-aliasing and colours etc.

There are a few YouTube videos up, but because the price is quite prohibitively high at the moment there aren't too many reviews.

A few videos I've found while researching it...
    (the guy's whispering voice is a tad irritating though)

and this user's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/badbilluk

Anyway I'll report back here after I test it as it's all hearsay for now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So I just finished Arkham VR just now please god make a full length game it's probably one of my favorite VR games to date if only it wasn't so short

By a large, large margin, I agree. A brilliant experience and I desperately wish they'd do something longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Lord TSC wrote: »
    By a large, large margin, I agree. A brilliant experience and I desperately wish they'd do something longer.

It's the one I use to showcase the tech to friends and family. Start off by the piano and you get to experience a lot of great VR experiences quickly AND become Batman at the same time.

Advertisement