Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Like that bit when your in the cage and that fright you get .....I legit jumped frightened the crap out of my girlfriend at the same and outside of the VR aspect the game itself was also pretty awesome recreating the scene of the fight and doing the scans on the bodies was all awesome

Favorite part was the easily putting my hands up when the penguins goons surround you ...NEED MORE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Looks like a decent VR game

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

gmg678 wrote: »
    anyone thinking of picking up Paranormal Activity VR for PSVR. They said over on their twitter that they "promise" we will get to play it before the summer is over.
    it does look like a great jump scare experience.
    looks like it will release the 15th of next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Pinball FX VR is my new fav ... I found it most comfortable to play sitting down, leaning forward resting elbows on your knees (you can mess with the recenter button to get this position perfect).

After a few mins playing you are literally unaware you are playing in a VR setting and really feel like you are leaning over a table.

The benefit of being able to look around the table and even lean over to get a better view of more complicated sections makes this easily the best pinball game I've ever played and I'm ranking up scores much more easily than I ever did on the standard 2D versions.

I think this format would work superbly for a full arcade sim as well. I believe the Vive/Oculus have something out there already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Pinball Arcade had been promised too, but they went completely quiet on it. Put me off their stuff with the lack of communication on it. They just wont say anything about it.

I would have been more interested in that to be honest.

• Advertisement

On holoball, when you try to adjust the floor and scale settings, no matter what I do it never keeps the ones I choose, it just reverts to the default. Anyone help me? Driving me insane.

Changing mid-game or you mean it loses the settings when you restart?

How is your camera positioned? Can u see the floor and your full body in the calibration screen?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Changing mid-game or you mean it loses the settings when you restart?

How is your camera positioned? Can u see the floor and your full body in the calibration screen?

Yeah I can. It's when you press triangle to adjust settings, to narrow the area a little. I move it to where I want, save, and resume but it just goes back to where it was before.

Finished Batman there, the cage with Robin is the best VR yet. When he asked if you're ok, I said yeah I'm grand. I thought I was there for a second.

Unreal.

I'll check the holoball thing tomorrow ... I think turning on my lights in the room sorted it for me, or perhaps after adjusting the camera but I haven't had the floor issue beyond one time when I first played it.

Incidentally I have a handy tip if anyone is fed up stepping on their wires or having the connector box trailing on the floor: wear a belt and thread the belt through the wires at the connector box attached to your headset. Solves all issues and makes you feel like a boss strapping on your kit Rambo style ;)

I have a tile floor so next thing I need to figure out is some sort of protective rubber casing for the connector box as I don't like when it hits the floor after I remove the helmet. Not sure it'll last too long doing that.

• Advertisement

My mCable is arriving this week, and judging from the videos on youtube it makes psvr look superb, cant wait.

Finally received my UGREEN female-to-female HDMI connector yesterday so got to test out the mCable which has been sitting idle on my table since last week.

I wasn't sure what to expect but my initial impressions are...

- The colour/texture boost is quite dramatic, it's like everything has a fresh new coat of paint applied, or perhaps you are wearing polaroid lenses and seeing colours that would normally be bland/glary.

Polybius looked like Heaven, other games with less colours like Here They Lie were relatively unaffected.

2D games look fantastic now. Doom is beautiful with colours on the body textures that I never saw before. The aliens have a purple hue on their back?!? Also did you know the shotgun has a slight green army colour, yet it looks grey on my TV.

- Regarding the anti-aliasing, jury's still out on this until I get more time to test.

What I want to do is somehow take a still shot with the normal cable then with the mCable and put them up side by side.

Maybe I can use my GoPro and stick it beside the lens as my phone camera is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

So finally signed up to PS+. Anything decent on it in VR?

So finally signed up to PS+. Anything decent on it in VR?

You mean PS+ specific discounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Yeah and free content I suppose. Also the multiplayer aspect of some games.

Yeah and free content I suppose. Also the multiplayer aspect of some games.

Everyone is raving about Starblood Arena's online play .. I haven't played it myself though.

Thumper is also cheaper now for plus members. Great game.

Free content? There's loads but it's not plus-specific.

Thumper is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thumper is incredible

I dont get it.

What are you meant to do?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I dont get it.

What are you meant to do?

Kill the evil rail demon that stares you defiantly in the face

and...er... press the appropriate button at the perfect time plus lean into sharp curves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was holding onto my vr rig for gt sports but now I see that it only has a small portion of the game on vr, I think I'm going to sell my vr kit.

I'm just not using it.

Roll on vr2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I honestly thought thumper was very average and definitely is one of the least interesting games VR-wise.

I played many hours of Audiosurf on PC without VR and it's basically the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

seems to have been a sharp drop off in the novelty factor for me anyway..

I didn't want to be naysayer but my 1st night playing farpoint thought was amazing. but the few times had a chance to play since then all been pretty meh.

For those of you with glasses it is far easier wearing the headset with Contact Lenses which I now have (guess have PSVR to thank for finally getting me to get them!) ...but i don't know maybe the improved clarity of vision meaning I am seeing how bad the graphics are in these VR games lol. From stuff i've read I'm not convinced ps pro/mcable or even PC+occulus rift or a handfull of magic beans improves things drastically. When u've just come from something like Witcher 3 its pretty jarrring..+the gameplay much more limited..

Tethered seemed to be a 2d game mapped to VR wasn't great which some of them are. Spiderman pretty poor.

Last night played the Xwing mission and all i heard was people raving about that was only ok for me. The fleet looks pretty static like you are floating past a painting....the gameplay mostly pretty boring and very short as everyone says..
    Oceans decent seemed pretty meh too although need to finish it....

Starting The London Heist that one does seem quite good so want to finish it...its like the flaws of normal gaming gets exacerbated in VR though. like the guy hands me some stuff and i'm picking up playing with it but he just keeps yabbering on ignoring me completely...     

still have plenty to get through finish farpoint , res evil, robinson the journey demo's etc I'm someone that was pretty excited about VR but to be honest given have to set it up each time after another month or 2 will probably see mine mostly gathering dust...not sure i could really recommend it considering how much i've spent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I bought Rush of Blood and Sports Bar VR in the sale,

Rush of Blood, of course, is amazing.

Couldn't get Sports Bar to work. from the very start, it was picking the headset up as being down at my feet, when trying to calibrate.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I honestly thought thumper was very average and definitely is one of the least interesting games VR-wise.

I played many hours of Audiosurf on PC without VR and it's basically the same thing

It probably depends on what you want from a VR game. If it's time-critical thinking immersed in a surreal world then it's great for that, but the gameplay is quite simple. If you are after more varied gameplay then something more like Res Evil is appropriate but much more involved, it's not such a "pick up and play for 10 minutes" sort of affair like Thumper is.

I love games that transport you immediately to surreal environments without faffing about, and Thumper does this well, but Polybius does it tenfold.

VR is the best thing that's happened to me re gaming. It's been years since I've turned on my console every evening, or even been thinking about gaming while working, but nowadays I can't wait to get home/finish dinner then get transported away again.
    It's renewed my faith in gaming which has been waning lately.

Polybius you say...

Might give it a shot.

This thread is 132 pages long.

I think its clear that PSVR adoption rate now warrants branching out from this superthread.

Voice your support at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This thread is 132 pages long.

I think its clear that PSVR adoption rate now warrants branching out from this superthread.

Voice your support at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102

This thread is 50 pages long(set your post count to 40 posts per page).

You should post your thread in the forum request forum here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

F1ngers wrote: »
    This thread is 50 pages long(set your post count to 40 posts per page).

You should post your thread in the forum request forum here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

I'd prefer to get the discussion going first to gauge interest, but perhaps a mod can move it if required .

If not enough interest I'll make the move to reddit, but would like know if there's as much support for PSVR in Ireland first as UK etc

I guess we continue to use this superthread for PSVR-discussion so...
    Finally received my UGREEN female-to-female HDMI connector yesterday so got to test out the mCable which has been sitting idle on my table since last week.
    Regarding the anti-aliasing, jury's still out on this until I get more time to test.

I've thoroughly tested the cable over the weekend. My system is a PS4 Slim and the cable does seem to boost the colours slightly, but otherwise it appears to "blur" most other things. I did notice an improvement in Superhot but in other games it seemed to blur the textures. Perhaps it works best with games that are very polygon-based and noticeably "jaggy", but not so much with texture-heavy games like Farpoint.

e.g. in Superhot endless mode I selected the "Escape Room" and the characters coming toward you normally have extremely jagged edges, but they are about 70% reduced when the cable is in place.

Also as mentioned before Polybius looks magical with the cable.

It's also possible that the Pro benefits more from the cable as the reviews on the Marseille site seem to mention the Pro quite a lot, so where texture-heavy games normally have the Pro to make them sharper, the mCable just adds a little extra gloss.

So all in all, it marginally improves the PSVR for *some* games, but I'd hold off on buying it unless you have a Pro and want to get a little bit extra out of it. The price will no doubt drop when for sale on Amazon though.

• Advertisement

Can the Battlefront mission be played without downloading the full game?

Advertisement