Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Can the Battlefront mission be played without downloading the full game?

Star wars? Nope need full game

mrcheez wrote: »
    Finally received my UGREEN female-to-female HDMI connector yesterday so got to test out the mCable which has been sitting idle on my table since last week.

I wasn't sure what to expect but my initial impressions are...

<snip>

What I want to do is somehow take a still shot with the normal cable then with the mCable and put them up side by side.

Maybe I can use my GoPro and stick it beside the lens as my phone camera is ****.

As we have no dedicated VR forum yet, I've posted my findings regarding the mCable in the Playstation forum at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057774610 including a link to some still shots side-by-side I took.

If you want to get one best to wait until they are on sale on Amazon UK as you have to pay 23% VAT when importing from US! :mad:

Got me an aim controller in GameStop. Booya mother****er!

They just got a shipment. Its the bundle version so you could offload Far point at Cex and get another €19 or whatever back.

Got me an aim controller in GameStop. Booya mother****er!

They just got a shipment. Its the bundle version so you could offload Far point at Cex and get another €19 or whatever back.

Anyone considering this, Gamestop are offering €30 in-store credit for trading in Farpoint at the moment (€20 + 50% extra free) assuming you don't need the extra one you get with the aim controller.

So I was able to buy a new copy of Res Evil 7 Biohazard for €3.99 after trading in the spare. Nice.

Let the Hellish experience commence...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Smyths have starblood arena for a tenner. Seems to have okay reviews, worth a punt for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a decent game.

Any tips for foggy lenses? Having to wipe every two minutes now, become very annoying to point of it not worth playing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Any tips for foggy lenses? Having to wipe every two minutes now, become very annoying to point of it not worth playing anymore.

What's causing the fog? Sweat or exhaling from your nose? I've had both problems.
    The vr unit can make you sweat in a kinda motion sickness way. That can be fixed be building up your usage daily to build tolerance.
    The nose problem can be fixed from breathing from your mouth or making sure the headset is on correctly and your breath doesn't leak into the lenses.

Are you wiping with lens cleaner or just the standard blue cloth?

I'm sure the blue cloth gets oily so use the lens wipes you can pick up in any bargain euro shop.

You can also move the angle of the headset around so that the back is higher up (almost at the crown of your head) as I find this improves sharpness without my big schnoz getting in the way (or adding to the fogging).

It's only started recently, happens for Dirt Rally. I'm using the blue cloth.

• Advertisement

It's only started recently, happens for Dirt Rally. I'm using the blue cloth.

I'd say it's just oily build up on the blue cloth, try the lens cleaner wipes (or fluid on the blue cloth).

Incidentally which side of the blue cloth should be used I wonder (the smooth side or the side with indentations)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Finally got to try Superhot for the second time - first was the day it launched. Huge improvement in the graphics now, it's pretty much what I expected from the off, so I'm glad that's sorted. Spawning between rooms is improved, I'm no longer inching towards the tv. Tracking seems better, although it's still far from perfect. I need to experiment with raising the camera up further again.

It's a great game, but it does underscore the weakness of the system. I wish it was more robust as regards tracking. It's amazing for what it has to work with, but I keep eying the proper roomscale options on PC.

It's a great game, but it does underscore the weakness of the system. I wish it was more robust as regards tracking. It's amazing for what it has to work with, but I keep eying the proper roomscale options on PC.

Get the Oculus before it goes back up in price in a few days, I'm getting one to use alongside my PSVR.

I ain't giving up on PSVR though as I love that Aim Controller and the other exclusives.

Also regarding tracking I've set my camera on a tripod which I can move around easily and it seems to resolve a lot of tracking issues as different games often require slightly different camera positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Get the Oculus before it goes back up in price in a few days, I'm getting one to use alongside my PSVR.

I ain't giving up on PSVR though as I love that Aim Controller and the other exclusives.

Also regarding tracking I've set my camera on a tripod which I can move around easily and it seems to resolve a lot of tracking issues as different games often require slightly different camera positions.

There's the small matter of only having a laptop. I'll hold off until the second gen of VR on PC; both systems could benefit from the innovations (lenses, comfort, sub pixel arrangement) of the PSVR. Hopefully inside out tracking and foveated rendering will be ready then. Again, it's remarkable how good the PSVR given the base spec.

Keep meaning to get a tripod. Also, need to get the new camera. The original is a pain in the hole for attaching to things.

There's the small matter of only having a laptop.

aye that was the reason I didn't get one originally, but I'm now in a situation whereby I need to get a new laptop, so going all out for a full gaming one to tote the Oculus with me when I am working offsite for a few months.

Not cheap by any means, but the fact I *need* the new laptop at least softens the blow a little.

Also the advantage of having it on the laptop means I can setup VR anywhere in the house with sufficient space when I need it. VR on the veranda anyone? :)

Sparc is out now and it's pretty great. Looks good, tracking is flawless just hope people keep playing it as it's online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just got this mail

London, 30th August, 2017: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) has announced that starting on 5th September, PlayStation®VR (PS VR) title, RIGS Mechanized Combat League will be available to all PlayStation®Plus members as a bonus game.

Brookhaven with the Aim is nigh on perfection. Headshots have never felt so rewarding.

I seriously will never again get such enjoyment doing headshots with a DS4 or mouse/keyboard. That's my Steam collection binned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dirt Rally is fantastic on VR, got it in the sale, just played the other day.
    Immersion is fantastic, restores my faith in VR Racing games.

Only issue is that I have the same game on the xbone and have a logitech G920 wheel setup on that.
    I now need another wheel!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Brookhaven with the Aim is nigh on perfection. Headshots have never felt so rewarding.
    thats cool hopefully they'll release the Aim seperately at some stage, not sure want to play rest of Farpoint without it lol

• Advertisement

Morshlac wrote: »
    thats cool hopefully they'll release the Aim seperately at some stage, not sure want to play rest of Farpoint without it lol

While we're on the subject I found out why they're still pushing the Farpoint bundle so much and procrastinating about releasing it as a standalone attachment (in Europe anyway).

Apparently the Aim Controller was created in partnership with Impulse Gear, the developers of Farpoint.
    https://www.finder.com.au/farpoint-ps4-exclusive

Seth Luisi, the developer's founder, worked with Sony so the two companies are intricately linked: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethluisi
    I'd say they want to milk the exclusivity deal for all they can before they start selling the controller as a standalone.

As it stands though, the price for the standalone in the US is only about $10-20 less than the version with the game, so it'll likely go for the same relative price here or UK.

I'd suggest you do what I did and buy the bundle now, then offload the game at Gamestop for €30 (store credit) before the trade-in value of the game drops.

Resi 7 is on sale and it's by far the best VR game you can get. I'm amazed by it.

My thoughts on Oculus vs PSVR having now tried both

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104583147&postcount=3580

Take heart ye PSVR players, we're actually doing pretty well comparatively-speaking as there's less fuss regarding setup and guranteed compatibility for games with the hardware.

The main benefit of Oculus for me right now is the portability as I have it paired with a laptop, but gaming wise each can hold their own I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Take heart ye PSVR players, we're actually doing pretty well comparatively-speaking
    thats cool good news for PSVR folk, I was going to try the HTC vive at Fury Vr near me out of interest at some point..

I had another few hours in PSVR the other night and quite enjoyed this time
    don't know why i'm such a Schitzo when it comes to it lol..I am leaving it a good bit of time before each try..on the plus side with normal gaming and netflix will take me a while to get through all the PSVR content
    I was in good form just out of a bout of migraine...and was cool evening defo helped.
    each time the setup a bit easier...found an easy way to clean lens which still keeps Fogging up... while leaving helmet on (and best done during annoying load screens) which was good..
    (extend index finger with the cloth beside nose and can clean that way)
    think i getting more used to wearing contacts too..

I played a bunch of stuff off the demo downloaded from PS store.
    the ony one didn't like really was Rez infinite, seen few people liken it to being in lawnmower man...more like flying around a rubbish ball thingy pointlessly shooting pointing things like an 80's arcade game...pretty poor!

There was a shooting gallery basement for London Heist actually quite cool waving pistol about shooting and reloading.
    Then played Here they Lie demo...the graphics a bit crap on that one but defo pretty creepy and few jump/funny moments.  i.e. when a man with a fox head chases you with a machete lol
    The image of random hammerhead sharks in formation flying in mid air with a fox head man ambling around on a rock in background has stuck with me since!
    Battlezone was a lot of fun zooming aorund shooting in a tank in a big tron like environment.
    One that was surprisingly good was Headmaster ur use actual heading motion head ball in to net...sounds kinda lame but was quality!
    and watched alumenette VR movie was a bit boring but pretty cool to see what you can do with the medium.

was interesting difference between Scavenger and Here they lie how they do 360 turning.
    Scavenger you just turn with right pad on controller smoothly any way you want. for Here they lie you touch left/right on same and ur character rotates like 90degrees (25% turn) at a jump sort of teleports. My Occulus mate says thats "snap turning" .
    You would think the 1st option far better but defo scavenger started to feel a bit tired/dizzy after a while...whereas in here they lie was freaky at first but after a while got used to it and became "sorta" natural..
    anyway basically why going to be difficult for Skyrim VR to live up to expectation when you realise this..

i was over 2 hours in this time and pretty much no bad effects so happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Have any of ye gotten Sparc for PSVR yet? It is sooo immersive and easily one of the best games I've bought

Have any of ye gotten Sparc for PSVR yet? It is sooo immersive and easily one of the best games I've bought

Yup, really good. I'm absolutely horrendous at it though.

€30? Waiting for the sale unfortunately... I haven't spent more then €12 on any game yet and don't intend to start.

I think it requires a PSPlus subscription tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You can use PSVR on your PC apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVRHack/

Can the PSVR headset work with the Oculus controllers?

That'd be the best of both worlds:

- Get the better FOV of the PSVR (more immersive on PSVR imo)
    - Get the better tracking of the Oculus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Can the PSVR headset work with the Oculus controllers?

That'd be the best of both worlds:

- Get the better FOV of the PSVR (more immersive on PSVR imo)
    - Get the better tracking of the Oculus

Cant track **** since the Oculus uses infrared and the PSVR uses blue leds.

You need to use multiple PS3 cameras to track the PSVR headset and its not the best.

Advertisement