Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doge wrote: »
    Cant track **** since the Oculus uses infrared and the PSVR uses blue leds.

You need to use multiple PS3 cameras to track the PSVR headset and its not the best.

You can look around etc according to the video as it uses the Gyro within the PS4 headset

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You can look around etc according to the video as it uses the Gyro within the PS4 headset

Yep that works fine, but don't expect it to track as well as it does natively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just picked up Eve Valkrie and really enjoying it. Big update at the end of the month that makes the vr optional apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

smokingman wrote: »
    Just picked up Eve Valkrie and really enjoying it. Big update at the end of the month that makes the vr optional apparently.

Been considering it for a while. How much is it?

Got it for 25 in cex. Well, I actually did a straight swap for my old copy of For Honor :)

• Advertisement

Not too impressed. Trying to do the waves of bots mission. What is the point of it at all if they block every shot, fly around you in a circle and take no damage.

Battlefront VR is so much better. I hope to God they make a VR standalone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doge wrote: »
    Yep that works fine, but don't expect it to track as well as it does natively.

Of course, but at least we have some access to a bigger library now if we want...even if it's just to try the games out.

Not too impressed. Trying to do the waves of bots mission. What is the point of it at all if they block every shot, fly around you in a circle and take no damage.

Battlefront VR is so much better. I hope to God they make a VR standalone game.

Haven't played that mode but the team deathmatch and carrier assault are enjoyable. I find myself boosting, tapping brake and turning around asteroids and other environmental bits and then bead down on them if that helps. Certainly did for me once I stopped storming in, shooting from far away and letting go of all my missiles at once (fire one first to get their attention and make them use their countermeasures, then unleash all the rest at them).

....and roll.....a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

smokingman wrote: »
    Thats the only other PSVR game thinking of getting at the moment, especially since War Thunder not looking like arriving any time soon.

Does the update mean you'll be playing alongside non-VR players?  would have thought won't really work as one will have advantage, like mouse people over console....no turning effects playing it without VR..

Was debating a Flight Stick for it too although seems to be varying reviews on how well works with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ppl, apparently we need a lot of posts with "+1" in them before the VR forum gets created so could you all contribute pls and we can close off this megathread and start real conversations about VR

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=3

Thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Hey guys, considering getting a VR.

Apart from gaming, can you use it for movies like the Netflix app that was on the Oculus for Samsung? Any way of using it for downloaded movies either?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hey guys, considering getting a VR.

Apart from gaming, can you use it for movies like the Netflix app that was on the Oculus for Samsung? Any way of using it for downloaded movies either?

Yeah you can watch 3D blu rays, you can download to a usb stick and play films. Youtube and Netflix offer content too. Plus a few more Apps.

Sweet, thanks for that. What's the best place to get the VR, Camera and controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Think gamestop will do all three and vr worlds for 450.

I just bought Resi Evil season pass and downloaded it, but it's not showing up in the game at all. What am I doing wrong?

This thread pretty much sums up my experience with VR (PSVR and Oculus):

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/71oop5/im_not_trying_to_brag_but_with_the_rift_i_feel_im/

I feel like I'm part of a privileged group that has been given the chance to jump forward in time and experience the future.
    I put on the headset and jump into the world of Superhot or Holoball. I'm suddenly pulled into the movie Tron and get a serious workout to boot.

It's just really hard to communicate to people that haven't tried VR. Anyone else feel like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

mrcheez wrote: »
    This thread pretty much sums up my experience with VR (PSVR and Oculus):

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/71oop5/im_not_trying_to_brag_but_with_the_rift_i_feel_im/

I feel like I'm part of a privileged group that has been given the chance to jump forward in time and experience the future.
    I put on the headset and jump into the world of Superhot or Holoball. I'm suddenly pulled into the movie Tron and get a serious workout to boot.

It's just really hard to communicate to people that haven't tried VR. Anyone else feel like this?
    I agree completely with this although I am coming from the opposite angle. I feel Sony has dropped the ball on this by not having some test ones for people to try except at launch. Never tried psvr and I know no one that has it. 500 quid is alot of money for anyone and people just gonna spend that on a new experience without a taster.

tkd93 wrote: »
    I agree completely with this although I am coming from the opposite angle. I feel Sony has dropped the ball on this by not having some test ones for people to try except at launch. Never tried psvr and I know no one that has it. 500 quid is alot of money for anyone and people just gonna spend that on a new experience without a taster.

The only reason I bought a PSVR was because I tried at demo at Gamestop.

I didn't even know the thing was invented as I didn't have a Playstation so wasn't following that group.

I spotted the "Playstation VR Discussion Thread" on boards.ie homepage Trending and thought "Oh I remember VR (tried it in Picadilly Circus around 1990)... has it come back??" then someone mentioned there were bookable demos going in Gamestop and I signed up purely to see what all the fuss was about:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057573337&page=37#543

I would NOT in any possible way EVER have bought a PSVR had I not tried this demo. I was sceptical that something like VR would not just be like having monitors stuck to your face.

I had given up on consoles so I wouldn't even look at this forum.

Playstation (and Oculus/Vive for that matter) need to have demos setup in every Gamestop. Arcades should invest in 360 degree VR-rooms and charge for 30 mins usage.

Got gifted the VR today with Resident Evil. Can't wait to try it out tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

mrcheez wrote: »
    Playstation (and Oculus/Vive for that matter) need to have demos setup in every Gamestop. Arcades should invest in 360 degree VR-rooms and charge for 30 mins usage.
    Agreed.
    Was saying this to a mate a while back, the more people that try it they'll be more willing to invest.  Would even appeal to some non-traditional gamers if they gave it a go.

• Advertisement

Got gifted the VR today with Resident Evil. Can't wait to try it out tonight :D

Nice, enjoy it. Can't wait to hear what you thik of Res 7. I had to give up on it as i got too scared lol.

Nice, enjoy it. Can't wait to hear what you thik of Res 7. I had to give up on it as i got too scared lol.

Was playing Worlds last night just to get setup, it's so much more immersive than the Samsung/Oculus setup with my phone (which is my only other exposure to VR).

But my God, the amount of cables! I'm a neat freak when it comes to cabling - it's driving me crazy!

What other games are must buys?

Was playing Worlds last night just to get setup, it's so much more immersive than the Samsung/Oculus setup with my phone (which is my only other exposure to VR).

But my God, the amount of cables! I'm a neat freak when it comes to cabling - it's driving me crazy!

Keep an eye out in Smyths they usually flog off a different VR game each week for a tenner. Most aren't worth much more than that. But you can take a punt and collect up a good few without spending much at that price.

Res 7, Batman & EVE are my favourites.

I've managed to get my cables neat and tidy, bar the main headset cable which still has to be at the front, but you can sort of neatly tuck this away around the headset.

The secret is to get all the cables going out through the BACK of your media unit. My breakout box sits just behind the TV.

I have one of these:
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/tv-media-benches/hemnes-tv-bench-black-brown-art-50297046/

It's a bit of work, but pays off in the longrun to not have cables exposed.

Jaysis loads... top of my head: Polybius (will blow your mind), Statik (there's a demo but it doesn't really do it justice... very cool immersive game)

and of course Superhot and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (need move controllers, which are really essential).

Aim controller is cool too if you want to ask Santa for that :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd add Headmaster to that list, and Dirt Rally is pretty cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Does there be much activity on Werewolves Within anymore? That's another fantastic game.

But I'll also +1 all the other games mentioned above barring Polybius and Statik, but only because I haven't played those. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I know a mate who said he'd sell me his one of these (Headset + 2x PS Move Controllers) for ~€280 (I already have the PS4 Camera fwiw). Is that a good price? Really seems it from looking on Adverts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just want to say i got to mess around a bit with PSVR at EGX last week and of all the games I played, Moss was really good.

It's just cool how you're controlling this character, interacting as it and doing things yourself. I just found myself observing everything in each section. Definitely keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I'm really looking forward to The Inpatient and Bravo Team. I think both of these have potential to be real showstoppers.
    Anyone know if Battlefront 2, will have some solo VR missions, akin to X-wing game from the first one? I know the developers said it will support VR, but I'm not sure if this includes some missions developed for the sole purpose of VR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

kerplun k wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to The Inpatient and Bravo Team. I think both of these have potential to be real showstoppers.

I played both of those also.

Bravo wasn't great tbh. Clearly it was an early build but the aim controller had some issues and it does this weird thing where you select the next cover you want to go to and it goes to a shot of you running to that area and back to first person in control. It had some other little things that bothered me but I do hope it's good.

The Inpatient was pretty cool and I was a bit surprised as you started off restrained but you actually do get to move around freely later (turning left/right in increments). It looks like it will be a bit more scary than Until Dawn but still.. more on the jump scare/lighter side of horror. If you liked Until Dawn, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Advertisement