Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

kerplun k wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to The Inpatient and Bravo Team. I think both of these have potential to be real showstoppers.
    Anyone know if Battlefront 2, will have some solo VR missions, akin to X-wing game from the first one? I know the developers said it will support VR, but I'm not sure if this includes some missions developed for the sole purpose of VR.

I can see a whole separate VR game with Space Battles. I don't know any PSVR owner that wouldn't buy it without hesitating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

For all the "new headsets" (to quote Frank) out there, be sure to +1 the thread to get a VR forum started

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I downloaded a few games last night - Polybius, Solus Project and Rush of Blood.

Haven't played the latter 2 yet, but bloody hell Polybius is an experience. I've never really liked Arcade Type games - I'm more of a fan of RPG or Simulation games, but every PSVR community was recommending it (here included) so I decided to add it to the cart.

Played an hour today and don't think I've recovered yet! :pac:

While the gameplay isn't my favourite by any means, it's certainly taking the biscuit for being the game that most makes me forget I'm wearing a headset.

I downloaded a few games last night - Polybius, Solus Project and Rush of Blood.

Haven't played the latter 2 yet, but bloody hell Polybius is an experience. I've never really liked Arcade Type games - I'm more of a fan of RPG or Simulation games, but every PSVR community was recommending it (here included) so I decided to add it to the cart.

Played an hour today and don't think I've recovered yet! :pac:

While the gameplay isn't my favourite by any means, it's certainly taking the biscuit for being the game that most makes me forget I'm wearing a headset.

Glad you like it :)

Try playing it for 30 mins before you head to bed. You'll have crazy dreams of transcendental cows floating in hyperspace.

Also get Statik. Its another one of those games that I get totally engrossed in. Like being in the Half-Life labs. It's one of the few games that cannot ever work on another VR format other than PSVR.

Btw on Polybius, hang around on the title screen for a while and you'll see some mad 3D floating blocks which I think are some of the best 3D I've experienced in any game.

"Superhypercube" is similar. Amazing 3D effect.

PSVR does 3D much more effectively than Vive/Oculus, it's really odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

I know a mate who said he'd sell me his one of these (Headset + 2x PS Move Controllers) for ~€280 (I already have the PS4 Camera fwiw). Is that a good price? Really seems it from looking on Adverts etc

Its a great price! Do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh, forgot to mention I played a game called The Lost Bear which is out on PS4 now and if you liked the Puppeteer it's worth checking out as it's a very similar perspective (in VR of course) and it looks great. Only played a small bit but it was pretty good.

Big upcoming PSVR sale in just over a week to celebrate first anniversary of PSVR (what a year)

https://uploadvr.com/sony-hosting-psvr-one-year-anniversary-sale-october/

Fingers crossed for Rez and maybe one of the new horrors like Paranormal Activity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I See Sony are releasing an updated model of the PSVR.
    Nothing too spectacular here that would make you want to upgrade from the current version, but nice to see some gradual updates. If they release this, and bundle it with move+camera and sell at a decent price, I could see some huge jump in sales over the the fall period.

https://uploadvr.com/sony-reveals-new-psvr-model-hdr-pass-revised-design/

I saw a leaked set up screen that showed a move with an analogue stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Right lads, have basically abandoned my vr for ages.

Finally made space to use it in comfort what games have ye lot got that you would recommend ,

I have farpoint which I enjoyed a lot and the vr worlds so far only.

• Advertisement

You got the aim controller? Or Move controllers?

Want to play standing or sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

mrcheez wrote: »
    You got the aim controller? Or Move controllers?

Want to play standing or sitting?

all the controllers aim and move, also have space now so sitting or standing really

So anything goes really, there are very few "bad games" on PSVR. I think the Quality Control process is a lot like Apple's. Oculus and Vive on the other hand have many games i could only class as demos.

Superhot is probably the best move controller game at the mo.

Last night i was playing Brookhaven Experiment with my aim controller. It's frickin great.

Polybius is a mind-blowing sleeper hit. Bound is a game that has a VR mode which i think is stunning, it's on sale now. Statik is also on sale. Everyone needs to play that.

Then the usual suspects like Res Evil, Dirt VR, Until Dawn Rush of Blood.. Can't go wrong.

Supposed to be a sale on the 10th so hang about a few days..go for Statik in the meantime though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Isn't the VR game sale supposed to start today on the PlayStation store?

Aye, still waiting. Maybe it's US-only and kicks in later?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I got my PSVR!!!

l1ghtsab3r-partyparrot.gif

I got my PSVR!!!

l1ghtsab3r-partyparrot.gif

Get Bound and play it in PSVR and you might rethink your views on Journey ;)

Get Bound and play it in PSVR and you might rethink your views on Journey ;)

I'm in no rush tbh.
    Just had a glance at Metacritic and Bound is sporting a score of 71.
    Journey meanwhile scored 92 and is the 6th highest scoring game of all time on PS4.
    I might look at it down the line though, but I have a heap of VR stuff to try before I shell out anymore money

• Advertisement

I'd say those ratings are purely for the non-VR version (which might have been seen to repeat a formula Journey already did) as a small percentage would have played it in VR but it is one of the most spectacular experiences available.

I have about 50+ VR games and i'd rank it in the top 6.

It's on sale now, but keep it in mind for later though if not now.

I was wondering why I couldn't see "PSVR" anywhere in the site alright tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Are we getting a sale on this side of the pond?

Bound is fine for an hour and then you never want to go near it again.

Bound is fine for an hour and then you never want to go near it again.

Motion sickness?

You can tweak the camera settings. I found one made me feel a bit nauseous but i was fine using a different setting.

Looks like the sale might be US only.

Nah, just boredom. Prancing around is fine, but what are you actually supposed to be doing? Arty indie nonsense.

Might pick up Arizona Sunshine for €23 as Aim support supposed to be great now

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Are we getting a sale on this side of the pond?
    I 2nd this. any one know?

What's the problem buying from the US store?

Reddit suggests *maybe* getting something Thursday, but looks like it's US for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

What's the problem buying from the US store?

Reddit suggests *maybe* getting something Thursday, but looks like it's US for now.
    having to set up a US account and all that jazz.

Advertisement