Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gmg678 wrote: »
    having to set up a US account and all that jazz.

Takes about 5 mins and you can buy points on G2A or Amazon

Always handy for such situations plus you get 2 weeks free PS plus to avail of the bigger discounts in this sale.

According to reddit, they've added Smashbox arena for $3.99 , so possibly adding more games each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mrcheez wrote: »
    What's the problem buying from the US store?

Reddit suggests *maybe* getting something Thursday, but looks like it's US for now.

There's the chance that Sony can ban you for life for using fake accounts.

There's the chance that Sony can ban you for life for using fake accounts.

Has that actually happened? Got a link?

It's in the terms of service. I'm doubt they've banned anyone, but it's a slight chance. If it wasn't possible they wouldn't have stores for every country.

Well you'd be the first person in history to actually get banned for multiple accounts. Could be quite lucrative for the fame you could get ;)

Off to create a second US account now...

• Advertisement

It's in the terms of service. I'm doubt they've banned anyone, but it's a slight chance. If it wasn't possible they wouldn't have stores for every country.

Having worked in Terms of Service for one of the big gaming companies, the only way you will be banned for having multiple accounts is if you are using them to do something you shouldn't. If you are just buying content from different regions then you will be fine.

Having worked in Terms of Service for one of the big gaming companies, the only way you will be banned for having multiple accounts is if you are using them to do something you shouldn't. If you are just buying content from different regions then you will be fine.

iirc the only bannings on PSN were for people with hacked consoles.

Similar for Xbox afaik

anyway tis off topic, back to the VR discussion... hopefully the mods are making progress on the the VR forum. This sale discussion would be perfect for a new thread on that forum.

Has Solus Project patched in pad controls yet?

Has Solus Project patched in pad controls yet?

Doesn't seem to have... do you need it or is Move not ok?

Considering the following in the sale...

- I Expect You To Die
    - Arizona Sunshine
    - Rez Infinite
    - Super Stardust Ultra VR

and maybe..

- Windlands (supposed to be kinda queasy though)

Raw Data looks good though I might just go for it on Oculus as it's the same price. If it had Aim support I'd go the PSVR route.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

is Arizona Sunshine still bad or has it been patched or anything?

• Advertisement

Morshlac wrote: »
    is Arizona Sunshine still bad or has it been patched or anything?

supposed to be a lot better now since the initial launch.

Aim support is also supposed to be great. Lots of positives about it on reddit since the patch was applied.

Tried it with move, not good at all.

whew boy... bought another 6 VR games there. I might have some sort of addiction.

I Expect You To Die - $9.99
    Arizona Sunshine - $19.99
    Rez Infinite - $17.99
    Super Stardust Ultra VR - $6.99
    Windlands - $9.99
    Sneaky Bears - $4.99

a cool $69.94 ... $90 off normal price

Of all of them, I'm most excited to try Arizona with the Aim, and Windlands with the Moves. Supposed to be as close to Spiderman as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just played super hot vr for the first time, WOW gotta be the best thing on vr right now...

And a great workout to boot. Better than yoga ;)

Played Arizona for about 2 hours tonight, haven't had a chance to try the others.

Graphics are pretty great (apart from the models that have basic textures) and overall experience is pretty solid.

Did have some issues with my aim controller listing slowly to the right but I think that's just my camera that needs to be adjusted. Headshots are pretty damn great using the scope (found myself closing one eye for best accuracy).

Well worth a punt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

whew boy... bought another 6 VR games there. I might have some sort of addiction.

Do you have playstation plus on your american account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

pcadhain wrote: »
    Do you have playstation plus on your american account?

He made a 2nd US account, prob activated his free PS+ too.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

F1ngers wrote: »
    He made a 2nd US account, prob activated his free PS+ too.

Cool, I didn't know about that free trial. Was wondering if he got some cheap ps+ that I could also get. I've bought from the US before, its just the trial was never clearly advertised to me. Thanks.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Cool, I didn't know about that free trial. Was wondering if he got some cheap ps+ that I could also get. I've bought from the US before, its just the trial was never clearly advertised to me. Thanks.

Yep free trial, and there is a way of getting another two days free PS+ after that runs out when you want to avail of another sale later.

• Advertisement

I Expect You To Die - $9.99
    Arizona Sunshine - $19.99
    Rez Infinite - $17.99
    Super Stardust Ultra VR - $6.99
    Windlands - $9.99
    Sneaky Bears - $4.99

a cool $69.94 ... $90 off normal price

Of all of them, I'm most excited to try Arizona with the Aim, and Windlands with the Moves. Supposed to be as close to Spiderman as you can get.

Playstation Quality Control have done it again, pretty much every one of these games is great, even the token one I threw in to make it an even $70, Sneaky Bears, is pretty hilarious and has phenomenal Move controller tracking.

Windlands is surreal. Swinging through Avatar-esque floating islands, getting a real sense of flying and momentum. No motion sickness so far :)

Also tried AreaX of Rez Infinite (you can jump straight to it now from the menu). Mesmerizing.

Gone for DriveClubVR for $6.99

I mean seriously it's gotta be worth at least more than the price of a pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

GT Sport VR is nice. Shame it is so watered down. Lots if tracks and cars but you only race against 1 other in arcade mode. Still i think this is the future of PSVR having a mode included in a normal game.

GT Sport VR is nice. Shame it is so watered down. Lots if tracks and cars but you only race against 1 other in arcade mode. Still i think this is the future of PSVR having a mode included in a normal game.

How did you get to play it?

Windlands is incredible.

The graphics, swooshing wind sounds as you glide effortlessly through the world, plus the sense of scale. Forget Eagle Flight, this is the game with the truest sense of flight.
    I literally panicked a few times when i fell off a platform and started falling to my doom, then managed to hook onto a wall at the last minute. Almost too scared to look down while hanging off a ledge. Really triggers your fear of heights.

This is now one of my top 5 for sheer immersion and replayability.

GT Sport is really good fun

Is the VR available in the Demo or what?

I got a review copy

I got a review copy

Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone get megaton rainfall? Impressions?

Advertisement