Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone get megaton rainfall? Impressions?

Reviews seem to be great. I've got waaaay too many games to play at the mo what with PSVR and Oculus sales over past two weeks.

Otherwise I'd be on that pronto.

Price seems right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hmm it's been in stock for a few months at Gamestop whenever I've checked

actually I've just checked and you can get it for €69.99 by ordering online.. bargain!

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=farpoint

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm it's been in stock for a few months at Gamestop whenever I've checked

actually I've just checked and you can get it for €69.99 by ordering online.. bargain!

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=farpoint

Holy **** GameStop is cheaper!!!!!!!!!!! Well now that is a first... Good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got Farpoint and the Aim...along with Arizona Sunshine a few weeks ago.
    Probably put an hour into each. I wasn't that impressed tbh.

Recenltly I completed Statik...which was very good. But I wish there was a definitive answer with regards to what the plot/story is.
    I even asked the developers...and they messaged back with "would you really want to know, we find the mystery and working it out yourself is more intriguing blah blah..." Anyone got any takes on it ? I read some theories on the net.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »

Recenltly I completed Statik...which was very good. But I wish there was a definitive answer with regards to what the plot/story is.
    I even asked the developers...and they messaged back with "would you really want to know, we find the mystery and working it out yourself is more intriguing blah blah..." Anyone got any takes on it ? I read some theories on the net.

Shuuut uuuuup... I haven't completed it yet!!!!

Strange you weren't impressed with the Aim. It's the most immersive gun experience you can get.

Try Brookhaven which is my favourite aim game.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

what didn't you like about it?

was thinking of buy the aim now with farpoint bundle since re-released

Personally found my experiances in PSVR a bit hit or miss so far. A few times thought was great and other times thought it was a bit rubbish. Although I'm glad I bought it to see what it was about couldn't highly recommend to someone

NO VR sale in EU , damit!

There are a few games discounted, like Arizona, but not as many as the US.

Still don't understand why its a problem just buying from US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Had some cex credit so ordered the last aim in stock just now, got farpoint on amazon for about €15, wonder is Brookhaven reduced in the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

pulled the "trigger" heh heh...on gamestop aim conroller and farpoint...

Now to sell my other farpoint :D

sweetie wrote: »
    Had some cex credit so ordered the last aim in stock just now, got farpoint on amazon for about €15, wonder is Brookhaven reduced in the sale.

Nah still full price, but it'll drop in a month or so I reckon.

Dick Wilde is another great aim game but tough beyond belief.

There are a few games discounted, like Arizona, but not as many as the US.

Still don't understand why its a problem just buying from US store.

The problem is my EU account had funds in it as I top my wallet up by €20 every month using my 3pay credit

The problem is my EU account had funds in it as I top my wallet up by €20 every month using my 3pay credit

Bloody Zombies might be worth checking out according to YouTube reviews.

I'm considering Don't Knock Twice, being the season n all. Seems they've added full locomotion and patched the initial bugs. Looks good on latest reviews.

I'm considering Don't Knock Twice, being the season n all. Seems they've added full locomotion and patched the initial bugs. Looks good on latest reviews.

tempted by Paranormal Activity and also Dead by Daylight I know its not VR but could be cool in cinema mode.

The developers of DKT are actively responding to user requests on reddit, love that kind of interaction, so I think Don't Knock Twice is another for me this month 😁

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/72szhb/dont_knock_twice_locomotion_update/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Gran Turismo VR is very nice indeed. It's just a small section where you can drive your cars around whatever tracks you want, but still a nice touch.

Gran Turismo VR is very nice indeed. It's just a small section where you can drive your cars around whatever tracks you want, but still a nice touch.

VR owners who bought it thinking would be like Drive Club have been super angry.Especially over at r/PSVR.
    I think it's a good add on, but you can't be buying it JUST for that.

Morshlac wrote: »
    what didn't you like about it?

was thinking of buy the aim now with farpoint bundle since re-released

Personally found my experiances in PSVR a bit hit or miss so far. A few times thought was great and other times thought it was a bit rubbish. Although I'm glad I bought it to see what it was about couldn't highly recommend to someone

I don't know, I just found it a bit bland.
    The environments, colors, enemy types....none of it grabbed me.
    Found some of the controls on Arizona to be really wonky too.
    There is one part at the start where you have to turn on a radio....I nearly turned the game off in frustration tryin to turn it on.

But to each it's own.

Some people are all over VR and it can't do anything wrong.
    I've been more hit and miss myself, and my favourite games would probably be a bit different to the standard Drive Club, Farpoint etc.

Resi is the best, but for me Statik, GNOG and Werewolves within were my favourite experiences.
    I will get that new one though...where you fly and blow stuff up. ..,,Megaton I think it's called.

I don't know, I just found it a bit bland.
    The environments, colors, enemy types....none of it grabbed me.
    Found some of the controls on Arizona to be really wonky too.
    There is one part at the start where you have to turn on a radio....I nearly turned the game off in frustration tryin to turn it on.

But to each it's own.

Some people are all over VR and it can't do anything wrong.
    I've been more hit and miss myself, and my favourite games would probably be a bit different to the standard Drive Club, Farpoint etc.

Resi is the best, but for me Statik, GNOG and Werewolves within were my favourite experiences.
    I will get that new one though...where you fly and blow stuff up. ..,,Megaton I think it's called.

Same I didn't like Arizona Sunshine at all, bland boring and not very fun at all, wish there was a way we could sell our digital copies of games.

Right now superhot has to be my favorite VR game

• Advertisement

Aye was gonna say if you want to know if VR is for you try SuperHot.

If you don't enjoy that, then VR probably won't appeal to you.

I liked Superhot but I gave up on it. Absolutely hated being sent back to the start of each series of missions. So backwards.

I liked Superhot but I gave up on it. Absolutely hated being sent back to the start of each series of missions. So backwards.

It makes you work hard to progress, and you end up becoming really good at it without realizing you've trained up :)

You haven't finished Superhot yet?!? Last level is cool and super rewarding. First time I really crouched down and used the virtual world to sneak shots from under the desk.

Nah. I can the four before the final one every time, I don't need to do them all again. It's stupid.

Nah. I can the four before the final one every time, I don't need to do them all again. It's stupid.

wow...each to their own I guess :D

Gran Turismo is absolutely amazing in VR, surely they will patch in some sort of time trial mode.

I was pleasantly surprised by Driveclub VR which I got for €6 recently.

Sure it's a little blurry, but you get used to it and it's actually more enjoyable to play than Dirt which (despite being incredible looking) is just TOO hard to be enjoyable.

I personally prefer arcade over realism, so it probably depends what you're looking for in a driving sim.

Is GT realistic or arcadey?

It's arcadey but with a good learning curve, it's easier than Driveclub. It just feels so good driving around in VR. Driveclub is ok but not a patch on this.

Perfick night for a bit of horror VR

My headphones are open so i can hear the howling storm outside while the in game lightening is also going off in Don't Knock Twice, enhances the scares no end... Next up a bit of Resi Biohazard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I've enjoyed PSVR since I got it, but Megaton Rainfall tonight was my first "WOW" moment. It's the best VR experience I've had to date. Unbelievable.

Advertisement