Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I've enjoyed PSVR since I got it, but Megaton Rainfall tonight was my first "WOW" moment. It's the best VR experience I've had to date. Unbelievable.

Download only?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Download games are preferable in VR i think, as you can switch between games without taking off headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Hey cheez your tips so far have been pretty on the ball.

Seing as your using it so much, have you any tips on the actual headset itself even after months of tweaking it's still a tiny bit out of focus for me.

Not terrible but enough to grate on me after a while.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Hey cheez your tips so far have been pretty on the ball.

Seing as your using it so much, have you any tips on the actual headset itself even after months of tweaking it's still a tiny bit out of focus for me.

Not terrible but enough to grate on me after a while.

It depends on what you are expecting to see, it never really will be fully "clear" this generation unfortunately, even on Oculus and Vive the overall visuals will always kind of appear like you have just gotten out of a chlorinated pool.

I've just gotten used to the lower res on PSVR and Oculus, although the mCable does help in some games (mainly games with jaggies like Superhot), but apparently going Pro also helps a little for games that are written to take advantage of the extra power.

The visuals don't really bother me anymore, initially it was more an issue of what I was "expecting" or hoping for which was HD clarity.

The IPD thing really doesn't make a difference to clarity, it's more for depth perception and how well 3D works.

New free updates for Job Simulator and I Expect you to Die today

fidget spinners in Job Simulator? I'm in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is there some new shooter game due to be released on VR?
    Was looking at getting the aim controller, but may hold off if it's bundled with a new game, someone mentioned it to me, but I can't remember the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Doom is gonna be Aim Controller compatible
    I was gonna hold off for same then got sick of waiting lol

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is there some new shooter game due to be released on VR?
    Was looking at getting the aim controller, but may hold off if it's bundled with a new game, someone mentioned it to me, but I can't remember the name of the game.

Bravo Team will come with Aim Controller

• Advertisement

I'd still prefer digital to make it easier to jump between games via the headset, but not if the RRP is gonna be double this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I haven't put on my VR in months. Any decent horror type games? Similar to RE7 (actually think that was the last game I played on it).

I haven't put on my VR in months. Any decent horror type games? Similar to RE7 (actually think that was the last game I played on it).

I got Don't Knock Twice recently which has some pretty good jump scares. Got a pretty bad one when I turned around at one point, got me good.

The controls are a bit finicky but work well once you get the hang of it.

It's on sale at the mo for €11.99 (or slightly cheaper on UK marketplace where I got mine) so worth it for that as you'll complete it in 3-4 hours.

If you have an Oculus/Vive, get Dreadhalls... man that game got me more than RE7, scary scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mrcheez wrote: »
    I got Don't Knock Twice recently which has some pretty good jump scares. Got a pretty bad one when I turned around at one point, got me good.

The controls are a bit finicky but work well once you get the hang of it.

It's on sale at the mo for €11.99 (or slightly cheaper on UK marketplace where I got mine) so worth it for that as you'll complete it in 3-4 hours.

If you have an Oculus/Vive, get Dreadhalls... man that game got me more than RE7, scary scary stuff.

Dreadhalls is a pukefest!!!

Dreadhalls is a pukefest!!!

I got shivers down my spine and hairs standing on end... haven't experienced that in anything for years. Movies or VR.

Are you saying you got motion sickness? Didn't get anything like that myself as I literally turn my body rather than use the control to turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I got shivers down my spine and hairs standing on end... haven't experienced that in anything for years. Movies or VR.

Are you saying you got motion sickness? Didn't get anything like that myself as I literally turn my body rather than use the control to turn.

Yup motion sickness but maybe because that was just the demo

actually turns out you can get it on PSVR, as a bundle called "HeroCade" on the US store... interesting no idea how it plays on PSVR though

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/herocade/cid=UP1919-CUSA06916_00-HEROCADE00000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

actually turns out you can get it on PSVR, as a bundle called "HeroCade" on the US store... interesting no idea how it plays on PSVR though

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/herocade/cid=UP1919-CUSA06916_00-HEROCADE00000000

Great stuff, that's me for the night then. Also got Soul dImension for 5 dollars, is that any use?

No it is not.

That Herocade should be called Dreadhalls and 7 pieces of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Yup motion sickness but maybe because that was just the demo
    I think some of the VR demo's really give people bad impression. I tried Driveclub Demo the other night, first proper bad effects in VR I had stomach pain and nausea, stopped playing but had trouble sleeping after.

Great craic all round. but apparently the full game not as bad.....all the same find driving games pretty boring and think turned off VR ones for life now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

No it is not.

That Herocade should be called Dreadhalls and 7 pieces of crap.

is it worth it for dreadhalls or wait for a sale?

I'd say it is yeah, just don't go near the other games. There's a stupid narrative too where you have to play the other games to fix some stupid, stupid nonsense, so just head straight for Dreadhalls and don't look back.

It's pretty creepy.

I've tried Solus Project again, the controls are garbage, seriously people thinking they are good? They don't tell you how to do anything. How do you use anything? I'm dying of dehydration with a bottle of water in my face and you can't drink it. Also that pad is way too big and annoying as sin.

Rant over.

New poll is up about the new VR forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=5

You can decide if it's better to put it under "Computer Games" or "Computers & Technology".

I personally feel "Computers & Technology" would be more appropriate to future-proof it as not all VR experiences are related to games, but I feel it's going to end up in the Computer Games section in the end.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked up Farpoint this week.
    Played a few hours last night with the Aim controller, really enjoyed it. Bit tiring standing for that long playing though!

Thought the tracking wandered a bit, needed to recentre a few times, but overall it's good.

Now to find other ones for the Aim controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played a few hours last night with the Aim controller, really enjoyed it. Bit tiring standing for that long playing though!

Thought the tracking wandered a bit, needed to recentre a few times, but overall it's good.

I got it, wasn't too amazed. Bought that Arizona too...was the same.

People say tracking works a lot better if you put the camera up high...like 2 feet above the TV even, near headheight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Good few new games announced at the Paris show yesterday.

Creators of the mini game The London Heist have a new game on the horizon, should be a full one this time, in the same vein as London heist.

There's also a flying game, looks similar in concept to Pilot Wings.

Finally, I just seen on Facebook that there is a Stranger Things experience coming to PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

New poll is up about the new VR forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=5

You can decide if it's better to put it under "Computer Games" or "Computers & Technology".

I personally feel "Computers & Technology" would be more appropriate to future-proof it as not all VR experiences are related to games, but I feel it's going to end up in the Computer Games section in the end.

You should mention that if they want to support a new forum they should reply with a +1

Skyrim is looking like it's going to be great now.

https://uploadvr.com/preview-skyrim-vr-without-teleportation/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Where did you find the aim controller bundle? I’m looking the past few days can’t find it in store only online in the uk for much more expensive than €399 tho I’m in Dublin

Advertisement