Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I picked up Farpoint and the aim controller is n GameStop, 70 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You should mention that if they want to support a new forum they should reply with a +1

If you look at the thread, it has already surpassed the required +1s to qualify for making a VR forum, so it's happening.

My post was related to the poll which is deciding WHERE the new forum should go.

Btw when the new forum is setup would it be a good idea to close this thread to encourage traffic in the new home of VR?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mrcheez wrote: »
    Btw when the new forum is setup would it be a good idea to close this thread to encourage traffic in the new home of VR?

I'll move this thread to it's new home once it's set up.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'll move this thread to it's new home once it's set up.

Then it just becomes a superthread mixing multiple conversations at once.

We can setup a new "Farpoint aim controller" thread, and a PSVR bargain alerts thread, etc.

Got Resident Evil from Amazon for £15 delivered yesterday, just in time to scare myself :D

Pretty good so far, apart from getting taken apart with a chainsaw!

• Advertisement

They're giving away two great VR games with PS Plus this month

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/01/your-november-ps-plus-games-include-worms-battlegrounds-until-dawn-rush-of-blood-and-bound/

Rush of Blood and Bound

Might have to rethink my stance on not bothering with PS Plus...particularly as Sparc is 50% off at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

They're giving away two great VR games with PS Plus this month

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11/01/your-november-ps-plus-games-include-worms-battlegrounds-until-dawn-rush-of-blood-and-bound/

Rush of Blood and Bound

Might have to rethink my stance on not bothering with PS Plus...particularly as Sparc is 50% off at the mo

I don't think you need ps plus to get the 50% off spark but I do think you need it to play the game as its mainly online as far as I am aware

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, whats the best place to get Farpoint and the Aim controller? Want to grab it for my brother for Xmas. Probably get it and Skyrim VR for him :)

I don't think you need ps plus to get the 50% off spark but I do think you need it to play the game as its mainly online as far as I am aware

I was referring to the fact PSVR games are regularly appearing on PS Plus, and also the fact you need PS Plus to play Sparc (limited single player)

I was referring to the fact PSVR games are regularly appearing on PS Plus, and also the fact you need PS Plus to play Sparc (limited single player)

Good time to own VR, PS Plus games, Skyrim looking sweet! Doom, and a fully fledged london heist game on the horizon :-)

Now all we need is improved move controllers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, whats the best place to get Farpoint and the Aim controller? Want to grab it for my brother for Xmas. Probably get it and Skyrim VR for him :)

You're a good brother. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Really pissed about that new PS VR break out box not being compatible with the launch VR.

Not a huge issue you buy a compatible HDMI splitter/Matrix but still sucks.

Got one in Gamestop :eek: for 70 quid.
    Best I could find

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bit gutted.....guy selling a PSVR complete with camera and 2 move controllers locally on Gumtree....rarely used....I had agreed a fee of £180 with him to pick up today but he texted to say he sold it to someone else....must have offered more cash.

Would have been a bargain.

£55 on amazon right now so just a little over €60

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farpoint-Sony-PlayStation-Controller-PSVR/dp/B01GVQV2FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509699385&sr=8-1&keywords=aim%2Bcontroller&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I know this is a PS forum, but thought I'd ask the question as I am the owner of neither console at present and I may have an interest in VR.

Do Microsoft have a VR system planned for the XBox, like the PSVR?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I know this is a PS forum, but thought I'd ask the question as I am the owner of neither console at present and I may have an interest in VR.

Nothing offical but it has been spoken about, very likely to happen I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If they do, it'll be cheaper and most likely have a lot better tech inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Nothing offical but it has been spoken about, very likely to happen I would imagine.

highly unlikely actually, xbox have described vr as this generations kinect and have said its a distraction to developers.

also microsoft as a whole are movbing more in ther direction of augmented reality not vr

NIMAN wrote: »

Oculus Go will be coming out next year and is an all in one wireless VR headset which will retail for approx €200.

No need for a console or PC. It won't be as powerful as the PSVR / PC VR but might be a good option to get a taste of VR before committing to spending cash in a full setup.

I have a PSVR and Rift, but will prob get one of these too for portable VR pron gaming

• Advertisement

Who's getting Skyrim in 2 weeks?

I can't wait for this one as, personally, it will be the first time I've played Skyrim properly. I own it on Xbox360 and played about an hour, but its been on my backlog ever since as I was in the middle of playing something else at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I dunno am I a huge fan of the teleporting thing that mooted orginally are they still working it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I dunno am I a huge fan of the teleporting thing that mooted orginally are they still working it that way

They have full smooth movement with the moves now, it'll be fantastic.

It'll be full locomotion but actually teleportation can be OK when done well (like RoboRecall on the Rift)

DoomVFR looks like a novel approach to teleportation where its used as a weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Oculus Go will be coming out next year and is an all in one wireless VR headset which will retail for approx €200.

No need for a console or PC. It won't be as powerful as the PSVR / PC VR but might be a good option to get a taste of VR before committing to spending cash in a full setup.

I have a PSVR and Rift, but will prob get one of these too for portable VR pron gaming

My recently retired Dad is thinking of getting a VR set up and was talking to me about it yesterday; sounds like the Oculus Go would be a better option rather than him buying a ps4 then buying a Vr headset to go with it?

tigger123 wrote: »
    My recently retired Dad is thinking of getting a VR set up and was talking to me about it yesterday; sounds like the Oculus Go would be a better option rather than him buying a ps4 then buying a Vr headset to go with it?

There's no set release date apart from "early 2018" and no reviews yet so can't say for sure.

He might be waiting several months for the Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

There's no set release date apart from "early 2018" and no reviews yet so can't say for sure.

He might be waiting several months for the Go.

Cheers for the response. Think the Go is the more appropriate option tbh.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Cheers for the response. Think the Go is the more appropriate option tbh.

It'll be the most accessible and affordable way to get into VR, plus you can use it anywhere (trains/planes).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've played through Skyrim three times

Getting to actually enter the world though has me giddy.

Advertisement