Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

mrcheez wrote: »
    If you jumped off a cliff like he did at the end of the video, but in VR, you'd paint the living room with your insides.

It's looking great though, can't actually wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nailz wrote: »
    If you jumped off a cliff like he did at the end of the video, but in VR, you'd paint the living room with your insides.

Do it all the time in Windlands.

Man I love that game. Has cured my fear of heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Demo Disc 2 now available on PS Store, It includes Moss which is supposed to be great.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/playstationvr-demo-collection-2/cid=EP9000-CUSA09159_00-PSVRDEMODISC0002

Demo Disc 2 now available on PS Store, It includes Moss which is supposed to be great.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/playstationvr-demo-collection-2/cid=EP9000-CUSA09159_00-PSVRDEMODISC0002

Ooh Raw Data, eager to try that out.

I wonder does the US version have more as was the case for v1?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Hi Everyone,
    Longtime PSVR user, love it and can't wait for Skyrim next week.
    I'm living in Australia at the moment and looking to get my brothers a PSVR for Christmas. I've looked online and cant find any good deals for Ireland.
    Do you know where the best place to get it would be? Thinking of getting it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday and sending it home to my mates to hold until Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Longtime PSVR user, love it and can't wait for Skyrim next week.
    I'm living in Australia at the moment and looking to get my brothers a PSVR for Christmas. I've looked online and cant find any good deals for Ireland.
    Do you know where the best place to get it would be? Thinking of getting it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday and sending it home to my mates to hold until Christmas

Probably a good Idea, Amazon are opening in Aus for the sale and even got go ahead from courts that it would be legal to sell below cost.

Might get some nice deals.

Varik wrote: »
    Probably a good Idea, Amazon are opening in Aus for the sale and even got go ahead from courts that it would be legal to sell below cost.

Might get some nice deals.

I think he meant his bro is in Ireland, so wants to buy one here for him to give when he comes home at Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭losttheplot

Just wondering if anyone in the VR world or real world knows when new headset will be released in Europe. I read that the US is getting a skyrim bundle in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

where is the best place to get skyrim vr see it in smyths for 56euro anyone found it much cheaper elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

where is the best place to get skyrim vr see it in smyths for 56euro anyone found it much cheaper elsewhere?

56 euro is pretty good, could possible be a good deal at black friday but with the game being so new I wouldn't imagine it. €56 is a very fair price + shopping local which is always good, Argos could be cheap too but you wont know the price until Friday

• Advertisement

Will digital have any launch price deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Will digital have any launch price deals?

None at all, just pre ordered it for 70. It's a bit steep.

None at all, just pre ordered it for 70. It's a bit steep.

Hmm, why pre-order then?

I preordered Superhot as they had a deal on pre orders, but this one I'll just buy on the day after first few reviews come in "just to be extra sure" (though im sure its pretty safe bet it'll kick ass).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Very interested in how skyrim turns out in VR . It's a potential system seller for me.

I've steadfastly refused to look at any sort of VR until something amazing comes out and I don't want to waste my time with rollercoaster sims and the like.

Couple of questions.

Are most games playable whilst sitting/ lying down on the couch ?
    Graphics wise what can we expect from skyrim , ps3 level or not quite ?

Hmm, why pre-order then?

I preordered Superhot as they had a deal on pre orders, but this one I'll just buy on the day after first few reviews come in "just to be extra sure" (though im sure its pretty safe bet it'll kick ass).

Well, I want it at midnight, ready to go. It's the reason I bought PSVR in the first place. Also digital means no disc swapping either. It'll be worth it I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

It's even worse in Australia I paid $100 for it!
    Can't wait though I watched the live stream bethesda done.
    For those that didn't see it a lot of good information here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7cp2sb/skyrim_vr_livestream_new_info_summary/

Well, I want it at midnight, ready to go. It's the reason I bought PSVR in the first place. Also digital means no disc swapping either. It'll be worth it I'm sure.

I normally go digital but considering I've only got two other PSVR physical games I might go physical for this and pick it up in smyths as it'll inevitably remain as the only physical game I'll be playing for a while.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Very interested in how skyrim turns out in VR . It's a potential system seller for me.

I've steadfastly refused to look at any sort of VR until something amazing comes out and I don't want to waste my time with rollercoaster sims and the like.

Couple of questions.

Are most games playable whilst sitting/ lying down on the couch ?
    Graphics wise what can we expect from skyrim , ps3 level or not quite ?

Its really sad there is nowhere to demo PSVR. What are they thinking?

Yea most games can be played sitting. Lying might be hard with headset on, plus you need to be in view of camera.

Graphics looks pretty good for this one and all reviewers so far say they feel immense presence as if they are really "there"

They've put so much effort into this, I can't wait now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Looking forward to this.

As someone who hasn't really played Skyrim before, what's the best race to start off with?

I've heard Nord is good for resisting the cold?

And Breton best for resisting magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

As someone who hasn't really played Skyrim before, what's the best race to start off with?

I always play as Khajiit. Love their sneakiness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

you really don't have to min/max / metagame Skyrim. It isn't a game where you will run into a wall you can't climb if your build is sub-optimal. No need to stress too much - pick the one you like. Like the poster above my favorite is khajiit. But then I liked playing a stealthy rogue/archer.

Once you hit level 10 make sure to go to Castle Dawnguard and get the crossbow. It's the best weapon in the game.

Fian wrote: »
    you really don't have to min/max / metagame Skyrim. It isn't a game where you will run into a wall you can't climb if your build is sub-optimal. No need to stress too much - pick the one you like. Like the poster above my favorite is khajiit. But then I liked playing a stealthy rogue/archer.

I want to really go full on battle mode with shield and sword at hand, raping and pillaging and whatnot.

So I guess Nord... or Vampire?!??

You cant choose Vampire at the start, I wouldnt recommend it either. You can only be out at night and if you see any NPC's they want to kill you. Also getting a cure is a pain.

Just FYI, if you want it really cheap (and don't mind waiting for delivery) you can get it from Amazon for £42 (with the Prime discount) which is around €47

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072MZ3NLC/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Do we think there will be any price cuts on Black Friday for PSVR, either official or from Amazon, Smyths and the like? The VR starter pack with the camera and VR Worlds is tempting as is but don't want to get burnt if better deals are on the horizon.

• Advertisement

100 off in some US places

Advertisement