Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

A toss up between VR and the switch at the moment , really keen to hear everyone's thoughts on skyrim this weekend.

Is the VR V2 headset available to purchase here yet? How can you be sure you're getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

weiland79 wrote: »
    A toss up between VR and the switch at the moment , really keen to hear everyone's thoughts on skyrim this weekend.

Is the VR V2 headset available to purchase here yet? How can you be sure you're getting it?

The only benefits of the VR2 headset over the original is that you can use it with a HDR TV, plus headphones are attached.

No change to the actual headset itself.

Do you need the HDR?

mrcheez wrote: »
    The only benefits of the VR2 headset over the original is that you can use it with a HDR TV, plus headphones are attached.

No change to the actual headset itself.

Do you need the HDR?

I have a pro and HDR tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Skyrim VR bundle is the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Me too I would love if they were cross save I would buy both copies instantly.. But for now I think I will go for the VR version as Zelda will be my game of choice on switch come Dec 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

https://uploadvr.com/skyrim-vr-psvr-review/

Reviews starting to come in......looking positive!

PSVR Without Parole doing the full 12 hours, now live

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8dLtzHJSlA

Frank is doing it too, but I prefer Brian Paul's more chilled dialog

He says it's already in his top five after 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hey everyone so after playing Skyrim last night just going to give a review off it.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Gameplay: I played as a Destruction Mage and the move controllers really bring it to life, being able to shoot 2 enemies at the same time feels great and the one thing I was worried about being a mage was changing spells on the fly during battle I felt this would be awkward due to the move controllers which I’m glad to say is not.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The opening sequence even though I have seen it so many times really goes up so many levels in VR. Knowing what is going to happen doesn’t even ruin it. I imagine for first time Skyrim players this will be such an incredible moment for them.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Graphics: I played on the Pro and I found them really good. The towns feel alive and the sky at night is incredible. There is some small pop in now and again when outside but it’s nothing major.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I’d say it’s roughly the same as the PS3 if not slightly better. Where it really shines is in dungeons, the atmosphere and immersion is sky-high inside them.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Controls: I only used move controllers, I’m left handed and thankfully they had an option to switch to left hand. Square on my right move controller opened the Quests & System menu, and the triangle opened the Skills, Map, Inventory, Magic Menu.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You navigate by holding the trigger button like you normally would on PS4 with the move controllers. It’s all works really well once you get used to it which doesn’t take long. Movement feels really smooth also. You hold the move button on your bad hand move controller and aim it where you want to go (double tapping to sprint) you can then turn using the X and Circle button on your good hand move controller.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There is no smooth turning sadly but it’s not too bad you can change the settings to suit how you want it but it still won’t be smooth but gradual or snap turning.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The only complaint I have about the move controllers is during a battle, as a mage I need to back away from enemies attacking me due to low health, but to move I need to use the right move controller to move backwards which takes away one of my hands to cast spells and therefore losing damage I can do on the enemy. I get around this by using conjuration so the enemies have someone to focus on and I stay back from the battle a bit but sometimes you can be caught unawares and have no choice but to fight close which can be dangerous as a Mage with low health.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Extras: I suggest if you are planning on playing a long session then play seated, it works perfect sitting as well as standing but I felt myself getting tired standing last night. However I’m a mage so I’m sure being a fighter or archer would suit standing a lot more.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Starting out just use Novice or Adept until you get used to it if using the Move Controllers.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]And lastly when you start the game it will be set to teleport as movement. Press the Square button on your bad hand controller and go to VR Settings to change it to Movement.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I didn’t play as a Fighter or Archer so I can’t comment on it sadly.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Conclusion: It’s the best gaming experience I have ever had, I could only play for a few hours as I had to get up for work but noting has ever came close to how I felt playing Skyrim VR. I think everyone who has a PSVR should get this game as I think there is something for everyone here. With the amount of hours you can sink into it, all the places you can visit and all the different things you can do I really can’t recommend it enough.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Even if you have already bought it 2 or 3 times which I also have it doesn’t matter. This is the way Skyrim was meant to be played and this is the reason we all bought PSVR. If you don’t believe me just try it out for yourself as no videos off it on Youtube will do it justice, only being in Skyrim will.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Verdict: 10/10 Masterpiece[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Heads up for Boardies on the PSVR fence! official PlayStation price cut on GameStop, PSVR Starter Pack and either GT or Skyrim (obviously the game to pick) for €300. Valid till the 27th or while stocks last. Grabbed it myself... what a fookin deal!

nocoverart wrote: »
    Heads up for Boardies on the PSVR fence! official PlayStation price cut on GameStop, PSVR Starter Pack and either GT or Skyrim (obviously the game to pick) for €300. Valid till the 27th or while stocks last. Grabbed it myself... what a fookin deal!

Or if it sells out there get it delivered from Amazon for similar money

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B077CRXS1R/ref=gbmg_mob_m-5_a36f_25cc540d?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&dealid=25cc540d&pf_rd_p=ea0ad4d2-630b-40cb-a08b-a7f73934a36f&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-5&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=N9KHNK51TWPA5HC2QFQF

Don't think Move Controllers included though?

• Advertisement

Is that the V2 headset?

I assume it's not if it comes with separate ear buds.

Is that the V2 headset?

I assume it's not if it comes with separate ear buds.

Doesnt look like it, but thats a great price.

Maybe the new breakout box for HDR can be purchased separately later? Im sure they'd want to appease the owners of the first gen headsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Are there are any bundles with the updated headset available?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Are there are any bundles with the updated headset available?

Haven't seen any yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm in London for the weekend and Game are selling the VR bundle Inc camera, Skyrim VR, VR worlds + 2 move controllers for £299 which is about €335. Very tempted.

EGriff wrote: »
    I'm in London for the weekend and Game are selling the VR bundle Inc camera, Skyrim VR, VR worlds + 2 move controllers for £299 which is about €335. Very tempted.

Tempted??? Buy it you fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

EGriff wrote: »

Smyths had the same deal for €350 earlier, but I think they've taken it down. You can still get it in GameStop for the same price, or buy the controllers for €50 in GameStop and the rest of the bundle elsewhere for €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

No sign of this bundle here https://uploadvr.com/unboxing-new-skyrim-vr-psvr-bundle/

I spoke to a chap on gamestop and it's not on their system.

Would I be crazy not to buy the current deal considering I already have a camera and 2 move controllers.

Are there any game changing differences that I'm missing between the 2 headsets ?

There's no difference between the headsets apart from where the headphones go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

£249 for that deal with free game in Tesco Direct UK.

Tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There's no difference between the headsets apart from where the headphones go.

Also, HDR passthrough.

Yeah but in quality, resolution, latencey etc, there's no difference at all.

Yeah but in quality, resolution, latencey etc, there's no difference at all.

Yep I mentioned all this already a few posts ago.

Even the headphones thing isn't really that big a deal as you're better off getting some really good open headphones (so that you can hear real-world background noises as well as in game sounds... no need to turn on that awful sidetone function where you'll end up hearing your own breath more than anything!)

The HDR passthrough is the only benefit of the new headset where it's relevant to users, and the other poster mentioned they wanted HDR so current system might just require an extra minute or two to disconnect headset to manually enable HDR.

mrcheez wrote: »

The HDR passthrough is the only benefit of the new headset where it's relevant to users, and the other poster mentioned they wanted HDR so current system might just require an extra minute or two to disconnect headset to manually enable HDR.

Sorry can you explain this please. What's the issue with HDR cable and the ear phones?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry can you explain this please. What's the issue with HDR cable and the ear phones?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/02/playstation-vr-the-ultimate-faq/

Trials Fusion is a blast playing in cinematic mode full screen. It's "almost VR" as you feel you are in these off the wall rollercoaster scenarios.

Worth it for €4.99 at the mo. There's a free demo you can try too.

This game would so benefit from proper VR though so you could see the upcoming track. I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

How many bought Skyrim? It might be the game that makes me clear the dust off my headset. What's the verdict from those who have it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7dkc68/psa_you_can_use_dualshock_and_move_simultaneously/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

You can use DS4 alongside your Move controllers so you can get the analog movement plus benefits of Move.

One guy came up with an idea of strapping the left move to his arm, so you raise the arm to aim or lift a shield.

Kick unholy ass.

• Advertisement

Can you find what buttons need to be remapped?

Advertisement