Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Tried it there, it's a bit too messy. No arrows for your bow with that method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Still waiting on my Headset to be delivered, but wondering if 3D Blu-Rays are good in the PSVR? never owned a 3D TV and might grab a few if worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Child getting a PS4 for Xmas. Its the 500gb standard machine.

I have been getting tempted myself by some of the deals on the PSVR lately, with some excellent secondhand ones due to price drops.

I was wondering if the VR experience is much better on the Pro model, or is it perfectly fine on the standard one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

NIMAN wrote: »
    Child getting a PS4 for Xmas. Its the 500gb standard machine.

I have been getting tempted myself by some of the deals on the PSVR lately, with some excellent secondhand ones due to price drops.

I was wondering if the VR experience is much better on the Pro model, or is it perfectly fine on the standard one?

It's perfectly fine on standard for most experiences, but somewhat *BETTER* on the Pro for those games that avail of the extra power.

Main difference is that the Pro might appear a little sharper, and you might get more detailing.

I have an OG, and have no plan to go Pro as I have a Rift for those games I want to see in higher resolution.

Some games, like "I Expect You To Die" look exceptional on the OG so I don't really know how they could make it look better on the Pro.

I'll just say that Skyrim VR is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, if you're on the fence about it just go for it, it will not dissapoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'll just say that Skyrim VR is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, if you're on the fence about it just go for it, it will not dissapoint.

I have it but can't play it till Tuesday, ****ing work.

The suspense is killing me.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I have it but can't play it till Tuesday, ****ing work.

The suspense is killing me.

Mine is arriving tomorrow! Didn't mind waiting as I got it for €45, but I've been frantically trying to complete my backlog in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

How many bought Skyrim? It might be the game that makes me clear the dust off my headset. What's the verdict from those who have it?
    i got it controls take a bit of getting use to and navigating menus is a bit more annoying
    but the game is great very immersive graphics are not great but you forget about it after a while of playing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Don't seem to be able to get Skyrim with the bundle anywhere.

i got it controls take a bit of getting use to and navigating menus is a bit more annoying
    but the game is great very immersive graphics are not great but you forget about it after a while of playing

Had an hour of play when it arrived today. Playing on OG PS4 rather than Pro. Graphics are slightly better than Here They Lie but movement is more fluid so immersion isn't affected.

The first time you are attacked with a sword is quite surprisingly confrontational. Felt myself ducking as the first swing of the sword came at me. Same with arrows flying by your face. Very effective. Noticing lots of details that I never saw before when playing on Xbox360 like little cave openings. They just appeared more naturally via peripheral vision, as you would see them in real life. So finding little secret areas and general navigation is a lot easier than it was when I played on the flat screen.

Only played with DS4 so far.

Only criticism is lack of 3D audio so it's not easy to identify who is talking or where sounds are originating.

• Advertisement

So found a bundle with skyrim in gamestop Henry street (hate giving them money)

What are the must have games? I'll probably pick up resident evil. Any good family friendly games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Don't seem to be able to get Skyrim with the bundle anywhere.

Smyths have loads of them.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Smyths have loads of them.

They didn't in jervis street.

So found a bundle with skyrim in gamestop Henry street (hate giving them money)

What are the must have games? I'll probably pick up resident evil. Any good family friendly games?

The Skyrim VR bundle is outselling the Skyrim Switch game which is great news for VR.

I'd recommend Carnival Games VR for family gaming. Lots of mini games and all are pretty good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

HI, stupid question alert...

I am thinking of getting one of these setups for a family member for christmas. What exactly is required to get up and running. I assume it's a playstation (what spec?) plus the VR headset? Anything else required, recommended?
    What games suit the set up best?

Thanks.

RustyNut wrote: »
    HI, stupid question alert...

I am thinking of getting one of these setups for a family member for christmas. What exactly is required to get up and running. I assume it's a playstation (what spec?) plus the VR headset? Anything else required, recommended?
    What games suit the set up best?

Thanks.

- PlayStation 4 (Pro is best if you can get it)
    - Camera
    - PSVR

Other things like Move controllers are optional but nice to have.

The camera and PSVR come bundled together in some of the bundles at the moment

But no copies of skyrim

Ah, sorry.

Can you reserve the bundle and then pick up Skyrim when they have stock.

I've preordered Doom VFR for £14 on Amazon

Anyone else gonna try to steal themselves away from Skyrim??

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ah, sorry.

Can you reserve the bundle and then pick up Skyrim when they have stock.

I didn't ask. I just went to gamestop and got the lot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally making the purchase this week. Vr seems to be going really well on PS4, so it's time, I think.

If Polybius is cheap during the sales, get on that pronto.

Will make you crazy as it did for AVGN ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

You reckon their will be a better deal on Friday or is the one available now in Gamestop the best your going to get before Christmas? Buying one for my brothers for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Reading all the Skyrim Reviews as they come out, its sounds pretty great even with some of the flaws we've seen already with PSVR games to date.

It kind of makes a mockery of the reviews thus far when it gets 8/10 considering how massively long it is in comparison so most of the games that have  released..

Anyway finally seems to be the "Killer App" people have been crying out for....and a must buy for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Think I'm going to pick up this bundle today all going well. Seems to be enough out now.

Is elite dangerous working with psvr? Would be quality

It's not unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It's not unfortunately

Aw. Had it in my head that it did. Maybe some day. Still going to take the plunge.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Think I'm going to pick up this bundle today all going well. Seems to be enough out now.

Is elite dangerous working with psvr? Would be quality

You might be thinking of Eve Valkyrie...

Elite Dangerous is €14 on the Humble Store for Rift/Vive... very much considering this, but **** I've got Skyrim now...

Not enough time ...not enough time... why must we suffer like this?!??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got a great deal on Shopto for the PSvr, camera and skyrim pack (xmas gift), added another copy of Skyrim for myself, £24.99 and pre-ordered the ultimate psvr collection for £15. £11 delivery brought it to €341 on revolut for everything delivered to Ireland in 2 days.

Advertisement