Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked it up there on lunch. Looking forward to trying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I reckon it's a great time to get one, as I'm sure many of the classics are going to be on sale in a week or so.

Brookhaven is on sale at the moment for PS Plus users.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bundles sold out everywhere in Dublin it seems. Gone from GS online and Amazon I think.

Maybe Friday I'll find something.

EDIT: there is some on GS's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

RustyNut wrote:
    I am thinking of getting one of these setups for a family member for christmas. What exactly is required to get up and running. I assume it's a playstation (what spec?) plus the VR headset? Anything else required, recommended? What games suit the set up best?

Any PlayStation 4 is fine.
    You will need a PlayStation camera
    Move controllers as well, some games can use controller, but alot don't.

Also think about where your putting it, some mates got it and have it in a room with a table and no space you need spa r to move around etc, and not be too close to the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Not sure if it has been mentioned here before but anyone dealing with the lenses fogging should give this a go https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cressi-DF200050-Antifog-Spray/dp/B0011BBT4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511290625&sr=8-1&keywords=cressi+antifog+spray

i started using it with with some glasses lens cleaner and it seems to work pretty well.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Any PlayStation 4 is fine.

I'd really recommend going for a Pro if you can find one of the deals at the moment.

Major improvement in many PSVR games (PSVR was one of the driving forces behind the release of the Pro model)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'd really recommend going for a Pro if you can find one of the deals at the moment.

Major improvement in many PSVR games (PSVR was one of the driving forces behind the release of the Pro model)

I wouldn't say major improvement, but the difference is certainly noticeable. For the cost difference between the consoles (especially with offers) I think anyone considering the VR should go for the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Is anyone else having trouble trying to buy these second hand?

people seem to think they can sell them for the same price (or in a lot of cases even more ) than they are going for in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Not sure if it has been mentioned here before but anyone dealing with the lenses fogging should give this a go https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cressi-DF200050-Antifog-Spray/dp/B0011BBT4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511290625&sr=8-1&keywords=cressi+antifog+spray

i started using it with with some glasses lens cleaner and it seems to work pretty well.

Thanks I have just ordered that. Wearing the headset easier each time ( i wear contacts when using)......but still my biggest annoyance is the constant fogging up...can never figure out if its breathing through nose or mouth causing it!

I have Glasses Lens Cleaner already....how do you mean you use this also...do you spray with both the Cressi Antifog and Lens Cleaner at the same time ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just let the headset heat up first. Turn it on and leave it for 5 minutes before you put it on, should get rid of the fog.

• Advertisement

Cool will try that!
    I did look at a few links again and using lens cleaner not recommended I think..
    Also bought a desk fan as can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Why bother with the current offers? Half what they were last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NIMAN wrote: »
    Child getting a PS4 for Xmas. Its the 500gb standard machine.

I have been getting tempted myself by some of the deals on the PSVR lately, with some excellent secondhand ones due to price drops.

I was wondering if the VR experience is much better on the Pro model, or is it perfectly fine on the standard one?

It is a little better. If you are buying your first PS4 I'd get a pro (as performance is better all round) but I wouldn't upgrade just for the PSVR.

Some good deals now on the pro for around the €350 mark with a game or two.

It is a little better. If you are buying your first PS4 I'd get a pro (as performance is better all round) but I wouldn't upgrade just for the PSVR.

Some good deals now on the pro for around the €350 mark with a game or two.

PSVR Without Parole has said that Skyrim is the first game that has a dramatic difference between OG and Pro.

So in other words, go Pro if getting a new PS4 as I'm sure this will be the pattern going forward: good on Pro, tolerable on OG.

Saying that though, I'm still going to get through 100+ hours of Skyrim on my OG.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

Selling my PSVR before xmas due to lack of use, what’s the honest price to let this bundle go for (all in perfect condition)?

PSVR headset
    PS4 camera (newer version)
    Move controllers
    Aim controller
    Farpoint
    Rush of Blood

Cheers

KoemansCC wrote:
    Selling my PSVR before xmas due to lack of use, what’s the honest price to let this bundle go for (all in perfect condition)?

Honestly, 300. The new bundles are insane value.

Skyrim is £34.95 inc postage on simply games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Wondering what the VR experience of Gran Turismo is like, anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

sweetie wrote: »
    Honestly, 300. The new bundles are insane value.

Ya, that’s about what I was thinking...it’ll be up on Adverts if anyone’s interested

Man oh man. Skyrim with the Moves is incredible once u get it all setup to your liking (before I just used the DS4).

For me, archery is proving the highlight. It's become second nature now to pull out an arrow shot when a wolf suddenly attacks. I've even had a few jump scares around Winterhold where I didn't see them coming through the snow at me.

I've gotten really good at sniping from a distance with the arrows, able to judge the correct angle to let off a shot due to the perfect sense of distance in the game. Makes me feel like a badass mutha. ;)

I put on the headset at 7pm, played a bit, then decided to check the clock. 2am.

Goodbye real world.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Skyrim alright.

Can I stick with being an archer indefinitely or will I need to up my hand to hand or wizadry skills later?

Don't see myself getting bored of shooting arrows anytime soon.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6183622.htm

Eve:Valkerie for 18.49euro in Argos. I have ordered for collection.

Although very short I thought the demo was great, seemed better graphics to me than the X-wing one although similar..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can I stick with being an archer indefinitely or will I need to up my hand to hand or wizadry skills later?

Asked my OH who played non vr game and apart from 1 mission where magic was required, she used the bow religiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

KoemansCC wrote: »

PSVR headset
    PS4 camera (newer version)
    Move controllers
    Aim controller
    Farpoint
    Rush of Blood

Cheers

I don't see the ad up on Adverts yet. Would you sell Fairpoint with the Aim separate?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man oh man. Skyrim with the Moves is incredible once u get it all setup to your liking (before I just used the DS4).

Goodbye real world.

I've got it as an Xmas present for my brother, and I don't think he actually knows its even a thing. I know he'll be so excited IF I can keep its existence a secret, which is hard :P

Of course, I may have to play a bit myself too. Maybe even test it out before Xmas. You know. To make sure it works ok. ;)

If its the same as the other iterations, Skyrim is a great "Play how you want" game. There is a bunch of quests at a Magic Academy that will require some magic, initially, to start up. But if I remember right, you can just do them with a bow and arrow after the entrance exam. The entrance exam is literally just "Use this specific spell" and thats it. You might need a point or two into the specific magic stat, but its usually pretty low.

Its a great game in terms of...want to be a stealthy archer? Go for it. Sheild and sword brute? Thats fine. Magic user? Awesome! Do you want to fire thunderbolts or summon hoardes of undead. Combo of all three? Sounds good, sword in one hand, flamethrower in the other.

Mind, I nearly always fall back onto the "Stealthy Archer who kills entire dungeons from the shadows" on every run through.

Invest points in the destruction/magic skills as you go level up, you'll never run out of levelling up. Make sure to add your flames/magic or whatever weapons you have to the favorites menu so you can access them quicker. The more you use flames or different styles of weapons the better your character gets at them.

Learn about enchanting weapons too, gives them a better kick.

Invest points in the destruction/magic skills as you go level up, you'll never run out of levelling up. Make sure to add your flames/magic or whatever weapons you have to the favorites menu so you can access them quicker. The more you use flames or different styles of weapons the better your character gets at them.

Learn about enchanting weapons too, gives them a better kick.

Magic and Bow/Arrow good enough to complete game then (without any swordplay)?

Magic and Bow/Arrow good enough to complete game then (without any swordplay)?

I suppose so, if you invest points in dual casting magic. Bow and arrow is not much use when you're surrounded by a load of creeps.

• Advertisement

Bow and arrow is not much use when you're surrounded by a load of creeps.

It is when you're Legolas ;)

You can fire off arrows faster using the Moves than normal controller... in a similar way that you can slash your sword faster using the Moves.... it actually makes the game a bit easier.

But still awesome.

Advertisement