Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Tracking went mental on my vr there now, have not touched anything at all just all of a sudden everything is shaky and everything that should be in front of me is to one side. Can't play anything at all. Anyone ever get this? I hope it's just a weird glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Played Driveclub VR a few times and thought it was good - would it be worthwhile picking up GT Sport - I have a good force feedback wheel and gear stick combo? Any thoughts as it is 19 quid on Amazon as part of Black Friday offers.

GT is much nicer than Driveclub in VR, cars feel way better, just not much to do in apart from driving the tracks. GT is great apart from that and full free single player game coming in December. It's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great deal on wheels now too on Amazon. Makes me wanna get GT and a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Any good deals on VR,s for black Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

GT is much nicer than Driveclub in VR, cars feel way better, just not much to do in apart from driving the tracks. GT is great apart from that and full free single player game coming in December. It's a bargain.

Thought the VR support in GT was minor, did they add more post-release?

As in, is it a full game?

I have Driveclub VR, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa (on Rift)... not sure getting GT is going to be major improvement on those for me?

Someone got an early copy of Doom VFR

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7f2sde/found_at_walmart_in_the_wild_in_louisiana/

Apparently has full locomotion... not just teleporting.

Only £14 on Amazon.co.uk now, buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Think i saw smyths have the move dual pack for under €50 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Have GameStop stopped doing the offer? My local smyths doesn’t have skyrim in stock and GT sport seems like a waste...Argos etc don’t even have skyrim listed as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Looks like Gamestop have stopped doing it.

I ordered online with them 5 days ago with free express delivery.

I still have not got it. The customer service is a number that does not call you back, and I've also emailed.
    They sent a tracking number 2 days ago for Nightline couriers, and it's not been updated. I rang Nightline today and they looked up the number and told me they had not received the package from Gamestop yet. They had all my details etc. but not got the package.

I'm well pissed off at this stage - I left another message on their crapy customer service answering machine and I'm considering raising it as an issue with PayPal(my payment method).

They money went out of my PayPal account immediately also. Feckers.

So, you migth be as well off if you didn't oder from them as I'm beginning to think they'll try and back out of it seeing as they were so quick to take the offer down.

Here's what I went for:
    256110	PlayStation Move Twin Pack
    (New)	Playstation 4	1	€ 41.66 251397	Gran Turismo Sport 
    (New)	Playstation 4	1	€ 58.33 263693	Playstation VR Worlds Bundle
    (New)	Playstation 4	1	€ 250.00 Shipping cost	€ 0.00
    Promotion discount	€ 69.98[B]
    Total	€ 349.99[/B]

Hopefully I'll get it as it was a good deal...

• Advertisement

Their customer service is the worst, still waiting after 3 months for a blu ray that they sent out which was wrong. Not even a response.

Ordered The VR starter kit from GS on Tuesday and Skyrim and both arrived yesterday and today separately.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ordered The VR starter kit from GS on Tuesday and Skyrim and both arrived yesterday and today separately.
    Doesn't bode well for me so, seeing as I ordered before you did

Yeah, that sucks. Tracking info give you any indication what's going on?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, that sucks. Tracking info give you any indication what's going on?
    Nothing - they said they got my details but never received the package to ship

If you haven't bothered with the IPD callibration on the headset I recommend doing it asap. It changes everything.

If you haven't bothered with the IPD callibration on the headset I recommend doing it asap. It changes everything.

Y'know what would be great.

Some sort of VR forum where we could put up a sticky about setting up the headset.

Mad... can't believe no one has thought of it

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ipd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I got mine the other day and love it! mostly just playing Danger Ball for now though LOL... so addicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How much space do you really need? I have the PS set up in a bedroom, does there need to be a clear floor space in front of the camera?

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Ipd?

There's a calibration in the vr settings that measures your pupil distance, most people don't bother but it gives you the perfect 3d effect for your eyes. Everyone will be slightly different so you wouldn't be getting the full effect unless you do it for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilko121

Seems amazon, Smith’s and GameStop are out of the psvr + move and Skyrim deal.
    Any ideas where else I can look?

Even just the psvr maybe if the price is right

Can't get enough of Skyrim. I've played through it at least twice before but VR is just the best thing I've ever seen. I've started to build my own house in it now. Real life should be ashamed of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Wilko121 wrote: »
    Seems amazon, Smith’s and GameStop are out of the psvr + move and Skyrim deal.
    Any ideas where else I can look?

Even just the psvr maybe if the price is right

I saw the other deal in Smyth's for €299

There's a calibration in the vr settings that measures your pupil distance, most people don't bother but it gives you the perfect 3d effect for your eyes. Everyone will be slightly different so you wouldn't be getting the full effect unless you do it for yourself.

I thought that was a pointless setting, I must go back to it so,

Stupid question but how do you messed it?

Messed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Looking to get the bundle deal with gt, vr worlds, camera and controllers. Price is €350 in Smyths. Tried three smyths shops today and all out of stock.
    This is going to be a joint santa present for my sons so hope santa can find one.
    Cheers

Messed it?

Measure it.
    Stupid phone auto correct.

Do you actually have to go dig out a ruler or is there some setting on the camera to do it?

Measure it.

Do you actually have to go dig out a ruler or is there some setting on the camera to do it?

Best way is to get one of the free optician tests if you are on PAYE.

I thought I had my IPD correct, but I was out by about 4mm.

• Advertisement

Measure it.

Oh right sorry yeah. If you go to device settings on ps4, go to the vr settings there's an ipd callibration there. Takes a photo of your face and lets you move little dots to the exact center of your pupils.. Takes 2 minutes.

Advertisement