Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Oh right sorry yeah. If you go to device settings on ps4, go to the vr settings there's an ipd callibration there. Takes a photo of your face and lets you move little dots to the exact center of your pupils.. Takes 2 minutes.

TIP: If you want to manually set the IPD, don't photograph your face and it defaults to a specific number, then just press the controller a set number of times to get to your actual IPD.

There was a reddit post about it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/58jb5y/ipdeyetoeye_measurement_number_cheat_sheet/

Incidentally, be sure to subscribe to PSVR reddit.
    I was attempting to create a similar forum on boards, but the admins aren't interested it seems. Nicest community I've ever encountered on PSVR reddit.

All we have on boards is this superthread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I got way better results by going through the callibration.

I got way better results by going through the callibration.

It didn't really make much of a difference for me. I set my IPD from 40 all the way to 90 and didn't notice a marked difference.

I do notice a difference on the Rift though, where you can manually set the IPD switch. Weird.

In the end, just to play it safe, I set it to what the optician said mine was. It's actually exactly the same as what I had to set it to on the Rift.

Have you done the PSVR picture thing? It's worth it if you havent. I was going off what my Rift had it at, but it wasn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

mrcheez wrote: »
    TIP: If you want to manually set the IPD, don't photograph your face and it defaults to a specific number, then just press the controller a set number of times to get to your actual IPD.

There was a reddit post about it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/58jb5y/ipdeyetoeye_measurement_number_cheat_sheet/

Incidentally, be sure to subscribe to PSVR reddit.
    I was attempting to create a similar forum on boards, but the admins aren't interested it seems. Nicest community I've ever encountered on PSVR reddit.

All we have on boards is this superthread :(

how the **** is that not sorted yet, has all the votes plenty of support... charter is nonsense apparently unless it suits them to use it.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    how the **** is that not sorted yet, has all the votes plenty of support... charter is nonsense apparently unless it suits them to use it.

Certainly take the torch and try to press for it yourself. We got more than the requisite +1s but not sure if anyone actually tried querying with the admins directly as I've done.

I've given up, but they might listen if more people ask for it.

But seriously PSVR reddit is great. Such stories about people discovering VR reinforces the feeling you get when you try for the first time
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7fgtmd/im_44_gamer_since_atari_2600_and_tried_vr_for_the/

I'm kinda worried it's becoming like crack. I was on holiday recently and spent a lot of my time watching VR YouTube playthroughs!

Can't wait for the Oculus Go and then I'll never leave ;)

I've voted for the VR thread lots of times, it's the future, no doubt. Only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Finally got to play this last night. It's amazing . Set up the ipd as people have been saying. Looks really clear. Played some worlds.

Hope to play a bit more tonight.

Welcome to the future!

I'm envious of how many superb games first timers have available to them now. When I got mine there were about 5-6 really good games, now there must be 25+ must-haves and it's growing.

Psyched for Doom VFR judging by latest leaked YouTube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Welcome to the future!

I'm envious of how many superb games first timers have available to them now. When I got mine there were about 5-6 really good games, now there must be 25+ must-haves and it's growing.

Psyched for Doom VFR judging by latest leaked YouTube videos.

I was looking at that alright. If I can get the aim controller after Xmas I would pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gamestop have a bit of a sale on VR games.

I just picked up Farpoint, Here They Lie and Rigs for 40 quid. Buy 2 get the 3rd free

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

any word of the updated psvr being due out over here?

Have you done the PSVR picture thing? It's worth it if you havent. I was going off what my Rift had it at, but it wasn't right.

What's the PSVR picture thing?

Might be handy to post here for others to use as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gamestop I was in said they had no Move controllers left despite their site saying they had stock. One of those ones where you are just not convinced by the shop assistants response, too.

The hassle of looking in the back, like.

What's the PSVR picture thing?

Might be handy to post here for others to use as well.

That's just the IPD setting ... sorry thought you meant it was some new way of calculating how well the IPD was set by looking at a picture in RE7 or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Anyone found any good new deals on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Anyone found any good new deals on the go?

I picked up the €299 bundle yesterday for myself. It came with Worlds and Grand Tourismo Sport but no hand controllers.

I did a little research and the difference using a PS4 Pro with the VR really makes its worth while as well.

I think I know what I'm asking Santy for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've a pro on the way, picked up from Amazon warehouse for €275. Interested to see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

D3V!L wrote: »
    I picked up the €299 bundle yesterday for myself. It came with Worlds and Grand Tourismo Sport but no hand controllers.

I did a little research and the difference using a PS4 Pro with the VR really makes its worth while as well.

I think I know what I'm asking Santy for :D
    Where did you get the bundle? Was hoping to get the bundle with controllers but I could get them separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

iggy wrote: »
    Where did you get the bundle? Was hoping to get the bundle with controllers but I could get them separately.

Smyth's in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Can't find the €299 starter bundle for sale anywhere. All stock gone in the country it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

D3V!L wrote: »
    Smyth's in Blanchardstown

Damn out of stock everywhere according to the website

Starter bundle available on DID online

Picked up Eve:Valkyrie for €19.99 and Eagle Flight for €9.99 today in GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Grayditch wrote: »

Damn, i would have loved to have gotten Eve for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I see the VR packs have gone back up to between 400 and 450 , F**k it anyway.

I don't get paid until tomorrow so couldn't get one, I wonder what the chances are of the price going back down this side of Christmas

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Even better in Argos at €17.99 but I couldn't find one near me with stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Grayditch wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=6183622
    posted this already but you still can...i'm picking up mine in a few hours :)
    few other games on sale too..

Thanks for tips all on Screen Fogging....I now leave the VR headset powered up for a bit first, and also got a small desk fan to blow on face.....sorted the problem.

The fan will also help with keeping cool over longer periods of play.

Plus immersion. There's nothing like standing on a cliff edge in Skyrim watching the wind blow, and literally feel it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement