Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Eve and Rigs are both 15 Euro on CeX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Looking to get the twin pack of move controllers. They were €49 in Smyths and gamestop but out of stock even though gamestop showed in stock in two shops for click and collect but both orders cancelled.
    Anywhere else in same price bracket?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

iggy wrote: »
    Looking to get the twin pack of move controllers. They were €49 in Smyths and gamestop but out of stock even though gamestop showed in stock in two shops for click and collect but both orders cancelled.
    Anywhere else in same price bracket?
    Cheers

I got some in Gamestop Swords pavillion yesterday and they had three more packs in the cabinet behind the desk.

Also, a lot of Gamestops have the "Move starter pack" for PS3 second hand which is one Move controller and the PS3 camera for €19.99. Two of those for €40, trade back in the two cameras if they'll take them, might be another option.

Just.. get the antibacterial on them :)

:mad:
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I got some in Gamestop Swords pavillion yesterday and they had three more packs in the cabinet behind the desk.

Cheers. I've ordered by click and collect. Hopefully they'll have them. I did the same yesterday with gamestop in liffey Street but they cancelled the order saying none in stock even though website showed in stock.

Edit- just confirmation it's ready to collect in Swords ��
    Thanks Grayditch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my pro and booted up the psvr. There is a considerable bump in quality. I wasn't expecting it. Robinson was prob the biggest improvement. Dirt and GT sport did look better but not as significant a jump.

Only shame is that there is no HDR pass through on the older ones PSVR boxes. It means i now have to pull out the console and go setting up the little box each time i go to play VR. Then plug it all out afterwards.

Puts another barrier infront of it. And god knows i look at it enough already and pass as it takes some time to set up.

I finally set mine up last night. Tried the Rigs demo first. Nope! Too much, too soon, maybe when I'm a bit more used to it. Then I played a bit of I Expect You To Die, which is a good starter game. Then onto some multiplayer Sports bar VR with a mate. I'm trying to get some of the little games out of the way before I commit to a full on game like Skyrim or Eve Valkyrie, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with PSVR's capabilities so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I finally set mine up last night. Tried the Rigs demo first. Nope! Too much, too soon, maybe when I'm a bit more used to it.

Farpoint was my first all the way back in.... JUNE ?!?!?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103811664&postcount=1705

FFS I thought I've had mine since Feb, feels like I've been playing a lot longer than 5 months!!

Anyway first time playing I felt queasy but now don't get queasy in anything really.
    The fan blowing on you really helps keep queasiness at bay btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I finally set mine up last night. Tried the Rigs demo first. Nope! Too much, too soon, maybe when I'm a bit more used to it. Then I played a bit of I Expect You To Die, which is a good starter game. Then onto some multiplayer Sports bar VR with a mate. I'm trying to get some of the little games out of the way before I commit to a full on game like Skyrim or Eve Valkyrie, but I have to say I'm extremely impressed with PSVR's capabilities so far.

Just stop fooling yourself and play Skyrim right now. There's really no time to waste.

Just stop fooling yourself and play Skyrim right now. There's really no time to waste.

I dunno, I'm genuinely loving I Expect You To Die. I want to try finish games before I start on another. Skyrim will be the end of that idea...

• Advertisement

Give it an hour later, I'd like to read your impressions!

I Expect You to Die is great... Job Simulator is worth checking out if you like the freedom to interact with everything too.

After Skyrim of course :)

Ha. I'm afraid it will make other games feel pointless, so I'm trying to start low!

Anyone recommend a vr game that kids would like? I've bought the bundle for Xmas with vr worlds and GT.
    Would 12 year old and 10 year old like them?
    Will be getting skyrim and RE7 for myself.
    Cheers

iggy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a vr game that kids would like? I've bought the bundle for Xmas with vr worlds and GT.
    Would 12 year old and 10 year old like them?
    Will be getting skyrim and RE7 for myself.
    Cheers

Hmm they do recommend kids don't use it as their eyes are still developing

Sneaky Bears is good for kids and adults ...might be scary for kids actually

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/54worq/discussing_the_warning_for_children_under_12/

Come to think of it there aren't too many games kids could play ...maybe Waddle Home? I think they don't generally target children when developing PSVR games.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Morshlac wrote: »
    Thanks I have just ordered that. Wearing the headset easier each time ( i wear contacts when using)......but still my biggest annoyance is the constant fogging up...can never figure out if its breathing through nose or mouth causing it!

I have Glasses Lens Cleaner already....how do you mean you use this also...do you spray with both the Cressi Antifog and Lens Cleaner at the same time ??

No I use the glasses lense cleaner first then I use the anti fog I also use two different glasses cleaning clothes
    Not sure if the lense cleaner is necessary tbh but it works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Also anyone playing rec room it's free on psn pretty fun series of online vr games in it (paintball, laser tag and a couple of 4 player co-op missions)

Seriously just turn on the headset about 20 minutes before you play, no fog.

My starter pack finally arrived yesterday - almost 2 weeks after ordering it fro Gamestop. Never be using them again, their support is atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is doom VR anygood guys ? Loved the main game finished it , Just wary of how it moves and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Is doom VR anygood guys ? Loved the main game finished it , Just wary of how it moves and stuff

How does it move ?

The video I watched just had a guy warping behind enemies and shooting them in the back. Wasn't really into what I saw.

The video I watched just had a guy warping behind enemies and shooting them in the back. Wasn't really into what I saw.

There's full locomotion with Aim controller and DS4. Moves seem to be teleporting alright.

Reviews coming in say it is great, but Move controls are a bit iffy at the mo.

Check out PSVR Without Parole on YouTube for good videos about it.

Not sure if it's already been posted but DiRT Rally plus the VR add on is 17.49 if you're a PS Plus Member : https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP4001-CUSA03648_00-DIRTRALLY0001000

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone else order Doom off amazon?
    Has yours been dispatched?

Just sent them an email requesting an update.

Just wondering if anyone else is same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Jaysus lads. I'm not allowed have mine till Christmas so it's not easy coming in here a reading about you all enjoying your fancy new toy :)

The list of games is stacking up too.

Have skyrim and expect I'll go with resi and now probably Doom by the sounds of it.

What's recommended to wow the family with?
    I'm looking at rush of blood but will probably need something a little more teen rated.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

F1ngers wrote: »

Aye still waiting although delivery on mine is scheduled for Tues/Wed.

Not bothered as I'm too involved in Skyrim to care.
    Had another play till 2am last night, then had Skyrim dreams last night. Excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

F1ngers wrote: »

I got the dispatch email on Friday with expected delivery on Tuesday.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads. I'm not allowed have mine till Christmas so it's not easy coming in here a reading about you all enjoying your fancy new toy :)

The list of games is stacking up too.

Have skyrim and expect I'll go with resi and now probably Doom by the sounds of it.

What's recommended to wow the family with?
    I'm looking at rush of blood but will probably need something a little more teen rated.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Like do you want a gentle introduction or a complete mindjob?

Gentle introduction: VR Worlds

Mind****: Polybius

• Advertisement

I'm gonna do the London Heist for the first time today. I've had quite enough Spy time with IEYTD.

Advertisement