Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Anybody have a processor failure ? Turned my new VR set-up on this weekend - after about 15mins the processor crashes. Fan gets very noisy, screen goes blank, lights on the head set stay on and can't shut it off using the power button on the cable (I have tried holding down for 10secs). PS4 still on and by plugging tv direct to it I can see menu etc. If I plug out the VR processor and leave it for 30 mins, it works again for another 15 mins.
    I have gone onto the playstation support website and it says the will repair or replace with a refurbished unit. This is unacceptable to me so I am thinking of returning the whole kit to amazon and getting a replacement from them but means I am unlikely to get it for weeks. Does anyone have a phone number for any Sony support in europe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Anybody have a processor failure ?

No haven't experienced that at all :(

Discuss it with Amazon and say you need it for a Christmas present or something and they might expedite a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anybody have a processor failure ? Turned my new VR set-up on this weekend - after about 15mins the processor crashes. Fan gets very noisy, screen goes blank, lights on the head set stay on and can't shut it off using the power button on the cable (I have tried holding down for 10secs). PS4 still on and by plugging tv direct to it I can see menu etc. If I plug out the VR processor and leave it for 30 mins, it works again for another 15 mins.
    I have gone onto the playstation support website and it says the will repair or replace with a refurbished unit. This is unacceptable to me so I am thinking of returning the whole kit to amazon and getting a replacement from them but means I am unlikely to get it for weeks. Does anyone have a phone number for any Sony support in europe ?

should have got on to amazon first but why is repair or replace unacceptable?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You're contract is with Amazon, not Sony.

Contact Amazon for resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Tks for the replies - Amazon are sending a replacement in 10 days. That was straightforward.

sweetie wrote: »
    should have got on to amazon first but why is repair or replace unacceptable?
    It was replacement of a brand new processor with a refurbed unit I had an issue with.

• Advertisement

Tks for the replies - Amazon are sending a replacement in 10 days. That was straightforward.

It was replacement of a brand new processor with a refurbed unit I had an issue with.

Are you get a whole new 2nd headset?

I don't think they send out replacement processors out of the box, so you might end up with another headset :)

New updates for Skyrim VR around the corner...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7hidis/skyrim_vr_update_102_patch_notes/

Major fixes are:

- Smooth turning with Moves
    - The auto-unsheathing issue that has gotten me into hot water on too many occasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got the PSVR in the black Friday deals but have to wait until closer to Christmas.

Didn't get the move controllers yet though, anyone know where is the best value place to get them.

Gamestop had them for €49.99 for a twin pack but are sold out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

kfrp wrote: »
    Got the PSVR in the black Friday deals but have to wait until closer to Christmas.

Didn't get the move controllers yet though, anyone know where is the best value place to get them.

Gamestop had them for €49.99 for a twin pack but are sold out everywhere.
    Jaysus - they're nearly 100 squid on a lot of sites (Argos, Littlewoods etc)

I'll keep an eye out - the best place I can find them is CeX at 22 Euro each - might be an option, and they will be guaranteed for 2 years

I can't wait to give mine a whirl but I've put it away till Christmas as my present to myself - it's killing me not to set it up....

Anyhoo - in prep, is there anything that I should know for setup that's not in the standard instructions ? i.e. tips and tricks for setup etc. to get the best possible performance / experience....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Superhot is fantastic. Really enjoying it.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I can't wait to give mine a whirl but I've put it away till Christmas as my present to myself - it's killing me not to set it up....

Anyhoo - in prep, is there anything that I should know for setup that's not in the standard instructions ? i.e. tips and tricks for setup etc. to get the best possible performance / experience....

This has been answered many times but this thread is unwieldy for searching as it has grown so large.

There are going to be lots of questions like this going forward.

As the VR forum is a non-starter should we branch out and create a few new threads in the PlayStation forum? The Oculus thread seems to be dead so perhaps no point in doing similar over in PC Gaming.

I'd suggest the following threads are created...

PSVR - Setup and configuration

PSVR - Bargain alerts (for VR specific deals)

I was going to suggest a "latest news" thread but perhaps this superthread would work for that.

Thoughts?

mrcheez wrote: »
    This has been answered many times but this thread is unwieldy for searching as it has grown so large.

There are going to be lots of questions like this going forward.

As the VR forum is a non-starter should we branch out and create a few new threads in the PlayStation forum? The Oculus thread seems to be dead so perhaps no point in doing similar over in PC Gaming.

I was going to suggest a "latest news" thread but perhaps this superthread would work for that.

Thoughts?

Yep - it's difficult to find the information, and I imagine a setup thread could be one that is referenced again and again

I also agree with the bargain thread, as PSVR is a specific type of Playstation game, so it would be nice to have a bargain thread for it

So I agree with you for one

Not to mention I'm constantly discovering ways to improve the setup.

For example removing all reflective surfaces made marked difference in tracking.

Thoughts?

No issues with a setup/config thread.

The bargain thread covers all playstation platforms, Vita/PS3/PS4/VR - don't see a need for it.
    If you have the PSVR chances are you're also interested in PS4 bargains - a one stop shop.

If/when new forum is created, I'll lock and move the VR threads to the new forum for the mods to decision.

F1ngers wrote: »
    The bargain thread covers all playstation platforms, Vita/PS3/PS4/VR - don't see a need for it.

I think the problem is that there are many more flat-screen players than VR players commenting on the Playstation Bargains thread.

Less VR-user traffic means that by the time a VR user reads the Playstation Bargains thread the VR post may already have been moved to a previous page and missed by the targeted audience.

Additionally, if the VR forum eventually does get created, we'll need a PSVR-specific Bargain alerts thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

F1ngers wrote:
    No issues with a setup/config thread.

F1ngers wrote:
    The bargain thread covers all playstation platforms, Vita/PS3/PS4/VR - don't see a need for it. If you have the PSVR chances are you're also interested in PS4 bargains - a one stop shop.

F1ngers wrote:
    If/when new forum is created, I'll lock and move the VR threads to the new forum for the mods to decision.

No offence to you personally, but how the hell has the forum not been set up yet. It's like mods and administration make up rules as you go along.

What next will we have to sacrifice a few babies and six goats one the next full moon during a leap year.

Less VR-user traffic means that by the time a VR user reads the Playstation Bargains thread the VR post may already have been moved to a previous page and missed by the targeted audience.

Any time I go to any thread that has new posts in it, I'm automatically taken to the first new post and I then scroll through the remaining posts - it's the same for every user, you won't miss a VR specific post unless you actively go to the last post and ignore the previous new posts since your last read.

The vast majority of PSVR users are interested in any PS4 bargain and will therefore read all new bargains.

Back on topic:

My Doom VFR was dispatched this morning - took their time.
    Should have it by the w/e.

Any time I go to any thread that has new posts in it, I'm automatically taken to the first new post and I then scroll through the remaining posts - it's the same for every user, you won't miss a VR specific post unless you actively go to the last post and ignore the previous new posts since your last read.

So say I posted something VR-specific yesterday at 20.10 about a great Aim controller deal.

That post is now relegated to page 569 of the Playstation Bargains thread and if someone arrives to the bargains thread, sure they'll see some of the latest PS4 posts from 20.12 onwards, but they'll have missed the PSVR-specific post unless they actively scroll back (I know I don't, I generally stick to the latest page to get the latest posts, unless there is a reason to scroll back through the previous pages)

This is all besides the point as we will need a PSVR-specific Bargains thread anyway in the new forum (you won't be mixing Oculus/Vive with PSVR bargains), so makes sense to create one now that can easily be transported over.

So say I posted something VR-specific yesterday at 20.10 about a great Aim controller deal.

That post is now relegated to page 569 of the Playstation Bargains thread and if someone arrives to the bargains thread, sure they'll see some of the latest PS4 posts from 20.12 onwards, but they'll have missed the PSVR-specific post unless they actively scroll back (I know I don't, I generally stick to the latest page to get the latest posts, unless there is a reason to scroll back through the previous pages)

You're doing it wrong so.

When you return to the playstation forum and there are new posts in any thread since your last visit, there is a "button" to the left of the thread title that will "go to first new post".

There is also a "go to last post" button beside the name of the last poster in that thread to the right of the page.

Also, there are only 61 pages on this thread - go to your settings page and set it to 40 posts per page.
    It's so much better like that. :)

Checked my phone, while there is no "first new post button" clicking into a thread with new posts takes me to the first new post since my last visit.
    This is all besides the point as we will need a PSVR-specific Bargains thread anyway in the new forum (you won't be mixing Oculus/Vive with PSVR bargains), so makes sense to create one now that can easily be transported over.

Not happening I'm afraid.

Back on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Threads about specific VR games would be nice too. Skyrim, Doom etc.

Not happening I'm afraid.

Back on topic please.

It is on topic, this is a PSVR discussion. 😀

What's not happening? Not creating a PSVR Bargains thread, or not creating the VR forum and featuring the thread therein?

Why is there a fear in discussing this?

It is on topic, this is a PSVR discussion. 😀

What's not happening? Not creating a PSVR Bargains thread, or not creating the VR forum and featuring the thread therein?

Haha, I honestly thought I was posting in the PS bargain thread - hence the back on topic instruction. :o

As for a PSVR bargain thread, not happening here,
    Any Playstation bargain, be it VR/console/game goes into the bargain thread.
    It's the same in every/most forums, there is a BA thread specific to that forum.
    Same when the VR forum is set up.

You don't have separate bicycle/unicycle/tricycle BA thread in the bike forum. :pac:
    Why is there a fear in discussing this?

I have no idea why the VR forum has not been started, has anyone sent a PM(I see the thread has been locked) - maybe one interested person can send the New Forum admin a friendly reminder about setting it up(I suggest you, mrcheeze, it's your baby). :D

Haha, I honestly thought I was posting in the PS bargain thread - hence the back on topic instruction. :o

It's the same in every/most forums, there is a BA thread specific to that forum.

You don't have separate bicycle/unicycle/tricycle BA thread in the bike forum. :pac:

I have no idea why the VR forum has not been started, has anyone sent a PM(I see the thread has been locked) - maybe one interested person can send the New Forum admin a friendly reminder about setting it up(I suggest you, mrcheeze, it's your baby). :D
    Good idea - then we can put the bargain thread there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Apologies if already posted.

Saw this on HUKD, all links are UK store links so you might have to search on the Irish store.

PlayStation VR (PSVR) List of free games, demos, experiences and film shorts

Beasty said he was trying to convince the admins to go ahead with the idea.

No prob I'll do it, which admin do you recommend?

Also, if you go ps store on your PlayStation and then select psvr on the left, you can then filter by free and just see all free games and demos

Beasty said he was trying to convince the admins to go ahead with the idea.

No prob I'll do it, which admin do you recommend?

It would have been Beasty I would have suggested.
    Not sure after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

got my psvr today finally, love it

I'm really looking forward to playing resident evil 7 on it, unfortunately, Argos is sold out locally at €25 a go, Amazon doesn't have them in for a week or so at least for £15 sterling

so price in GameStop second hand? €38!

Looks like ill be spending my hard earned cash across the border in Derry instead

The Greedy Greedy B*stards

Do companies like Gamestop not take any notice of rival companies prices? I don't dare even check CEX prices

does anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

I've tried adverts but seems to be vastly overpriced on there too or people not willing to post ( which I always find strange on smaller items for sale on there that could be posted easy enough, after all, it is a nationwide selling site)

anyway no biggie, Until Dawn will do me in the meantime, I'm not tight but I'm not paying near double for something second hand that gets sold elsewhere brand new for nearly half the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    got my psvr today finally, love it

I'm really looking forward to playing resident evil 7 on it, unfortunately, Argos is sold out locally at €25 a go, Amazon doesn't have them in for a week or so at least for £15 sterling

so price in GameStop second hand? €38!

Looks like ill be spending my hard earned cash across the border in Derry instead

The Greedy Greedy B*stards

Do companies like Gamestop not take any notice of rival companies prices? I don't dare even check CEX prices

does anyone know where I can get it cheaper?

I've tried adverts but seems to be vastly overpriced on there too or people not willing to post ( which I always find strange on smaller items for sale on there that could be posted easy enough, after all, it is a nationwide selling site)

anyway no biggie, Until Dawn will do me in the meantime, I'm not tight but I'm not paying near double for something second hand that gets sold elsewhere brand new for nearly half the price

Gold edition up for pre-order on Amazon for £30 not bad considering it includes all DLC and whihc is also all VR compatible.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-7-Gold-PS4/dp/B077HPVPXV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512550899&sr=8-1&keywords=resident+evil+gold

Or littlewoods have the standard edition for €25
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-4-resident-evil-vii/1600096898.prd?_requestid=38020&Ntt=reident%20evil

Advertisement