Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Question about the VR headset when in use.

Is the game still displayed on your TV at the same time, so that people can watch you play?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NIMAN wrote: »

Is the game still displayed on your TV at the same time, so that people can watch you play?

It is, depending on how you move your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ambro25 wrote: »
    When you seem to prefer Move controllers vs the new-fangled Aim one in a PSVR FPS like Doom, would you say one of these bad boys is worth the 2nd hand admission price, relative to buying an Aim?

31MdWpstjqL.jpg

I'm in the same boat as many of the latest posts, by the look of things.

got a PS4 last year;
    some PS3 Move 'Gym' kit with a Move and camera, together with a 2nd Move controller, as stocking fillers last Xmas (already had a PS3);
    a G29 setup off another Forum earlier this year;
    and finally a PSVR starter kit last Black Friday, currently residing in Santa's redoubt until Xmas morning :pac:

PSVR Demo Disc 2, SW Battlefront Xwing demo <etc.> all already downloaded, to say I can't hardly wait is very much an understatement: I'm old enough to have been waiting for consumer-grade value-for-money gaming VR since the halcyon days of the Konix Vapourware :o

Nah the advantage of the Moves in Doom is that you control the two separate arms independently.

The Aim is well worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You don't have to have the TV on for it to work though. So others could be watching TV while you game away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Wipeout and Last Guardian coming to PSVR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Always loved wipe out

Just connected up the G29 steering wheel I got over Black Friday and booted up Drive club VR.

Mind. Blown.

Again!

Resi 7 update is downloading now. It must be the new DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Still waiting for the Left Handed patch for Doom VFR not buying it until it comes out as I heard the moves are terrible and I really want to play it with the Aim :(

• Advertisement

Resi 7 update is downloading now. It must be the new DLC

Yeah seems to be pre-loading for the release date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Wipeout VR to be released as a free add-on for owners of the Omega collection, allowing play of the entire game:
    Sony said you can race in every track, across every game mode, off or online, with this free PS VR update. It's created three new ships for the PS VR version, featuring a special cockpit view for PS VR that includes head tracking, so you can check out the interiors of the new ships. And you can now listen to WipEout's sound in full 3D audio.
    source

Woot! :D

Get'em while they're cheap: I bagged a steel book version (is it? game in tin box i/of plastic box), in the PS1-style cardboard sleeve, for £12 at CEX a couple months ago or so.

It's €20 on the store now. It's a great game without VR

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

CptMackey wrote: »
    Always loved wipe out

This the reason I needed to get PS VR :)

It's €20 on the store now. It's a great game without VR

Better yet, it can be got in the 2 for €30 bundle as well. Some classics available to go along with it. I can't believe they are offering the VR update for free. That's fantastic

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Better yet, it can be got in the 2 for €30 bundle as well. Some classics available to go along with it. I can't believe they are offering the VR update for free. That's fantastic

Interesting... What other game in the 2 for 30 is worth checking out?

I havent played any of them except Alien Isolation.

Id forgive the fact they are *spit* flatscreen games

mrcheez wrote: »

There's loads in there worth looking at. The Last of Us Remastered, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal are ones that immediately pop to mind

There's loads in there worth looking at. The Last of Us Remastered, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal are ones that immediately pop to mind

Hmm I've played Far Cry 1, 2 and 3. They are great but kinda become samey game mechanics like the way each Call of Duty is similar.

Will check out Last of Us though. Maybe Prey though I reckon that's gonna drop in price pretty soon. Fallout 4 I'm gonna wait for VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gravity rush 2 is what I'm getting, played the rest. Last of us is a-ma-zing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Fallout 4 I'm gonna wait for VR.

Is Fallout 4 confirmed for PSVR? I thought it was only for HTC Vive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Hmm I've played Far Cry 1, 2 and 3. They are great but kinda become samey game mechanics like the way each Call of Duty is similar.

Will check out Last of Us though. Maybe Prey though I reckon that's gonna drop in price pretty soon. Fallout 4 I'm gonna wait for VR.

It took me ages to decide, I have Last of Us already as well as some others

as above the Far Cry games don't look different enough from the old games to justify it .

same as Assasins Creed

I ended up going for Alien Isolation

My Resident Evil came in the post today, I'm going to wait till after midnight to play I have a few other things on first to do.

According to the vast majority of posters on a Reddit thread the other day the PS:VR wouldn't be able to handle fallout 4s graphics

I've never quite seen the appeal of it myself tbh so I'm not too fussed ( not hating on the game I might love it if I gave it a chance it just doesn't appeal to me right now )

Had a quick go of Not a Hero - Resi 7's free DLC. Pretty decent so far, I'll have a nice go of it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Fallout 4 I'm gonna wait for VR.

Don't take it to the bank just yet, but Fallout 4 *did* come bundled with the PSVR bundle which I bought on Black Friday, together with GT:Sports, and was sold (by Amazon) as a 'VR bundle'. So I'm thinking "download add-on VR" sometime down the line.

Not a deal breaker for me if it never does, because not my kind of game (but certainly my daughter's, and she's clocked obscene amounts of time on it: already had Fallout 4 for ages, so just resold the sealed copy that came bundled, which looked no different whatsoever to the old one I had).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Question re: move controllers.

Are there PS4 specific controllers? Are PS3 ones any use for PSVR?

Also, when playing VR games, do you always need 2 controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Question re: move controllers.

Are there PS4 specific controllers? Are PS3 ones any use for PSVR?

Also, when playing VR games, do you always need 2 controllers?

Ps4 Move controllers are the same as the PS3 ones. You don't always need 2. Some games let you use 1. But in most cases if you are using moves two is way better (two hands).

I have a Rift so will get it for that

Getting around to this now.

So Wipeout is a cert... now deciding between Last Guardian and Last of Us ?

Leaning towards TLOU as it seems sorta like Walking Dead meets Horizon Zero Dawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Getting around to this now.

So Wipeout is a cert... now deciding between Last Guardian and Last of Us ?

Leaning towards TLOU as it seems sorta like Walking Dead meets Horizon Zero Dawn?

TLOU is a masterpiece of a game imo

Yeah think it's one of those "if you have a PS4 EVERYONE owns this game", like Super Mario Bros on the NES ;)

Anyway back to PSVR... now where is that VR forum? Can someone else bug Beasty about it instead of just me please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote:

More walking dead meets uncharted meets evil within

Advertisement