Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sooooold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nice looking game but the combat is really bad.

Nice looking game but the combat is really bad.

ah not bothered, I kinda want a "story" game as I don't have Until Dawn or Uncharted, so I guess this one should have me covered on that front.

I have Skyrim for excellent combat.

It's bad as in, really frustrating. Got sick of not be able to kill those stupid clickers and gave up. Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's bad as in, really frustrating. Got sick of not be able to kill those stupid clickers and gave up. Life is too short.

I don't agree, you must have been playing at a high difficulty level?
    It hadn't amazing gameplay, granted, but the story elevated it to another level.

• Advertisement

ok, wanna recommend an alternate game from the 15 euro list I should check out?

Not interested in Far Cry, and I have Until Dawn which I just need to unlock with a PS Plus sub when I do that.

Black Flag is the best Assassin's game by a long shot, Syndicate is really good too. Both very different. I'd go for one of them.

Black Flag is the best Assassin's game by a long shot, Syndicate is really good too. Both very different. I'd go for one of them.

Hmm was never a fan of any of the Assassin's creed games, combat was way too complex for me to enjoy.

Kinda like why I haven't played Witcher 3 too much. Just give me 2 or max 3 buttons for combat and I'm set. None of this parry crap.

Parrying couldn't be easier in AC, just press it when the opponent turns red. It's all about the unreal ships and sailing around the world in Black Flag though.

Parrying couldn't be easier in AC, just press it when the opponent turns red. It's all about the unreal ships and sailing around the world in Black Flag though.

Jump, Attack, and throw Grenades/Knives is all I want, no special timing moves :)

Think Doom 2016 gameplay

• Advertisement

Far Cry 4 then

Far Cry 4 then

Nah found all Far Crys samey after playing 1, 2, 3 and Blood Dragon (great games, but kinda like FIFA or COD, it's just the same with minor plot differences)

I'll just go with popular opinion on this one and get TLOU

Anyway this has sidetracked discussion about PSVR enough... is Last Guardian going to get a full VR game or was this demo just a single experience?

Why did they call it a demo if not for a full game?

It shows what the game is about I guess. Would have been great without the teleporting. Can't stand that hand holding at this stage.

It shows what the game is about I guess. Would have been great without the teleporting. Can't stand that hand holding at this stage.

Yeah Bethesda have it right for the most part with giving you options for everything.

Hopefully all games will offer you freedom of how to move around going forward.

Oddly enough teleporting works nicely in Raw Data, and also Robo Recall on the Rift.

Big VR sale on US PSN (just create a US account and buy credit on Amazon.com)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7jnab8/playstation_holiday_sale_vr_games_list/

Thinking might go for Sports Club VR for $9.99.

For the newbies there are lots of goodies there, note these sales don't always transfer to EU so grab them now.

Other recommendations for newbies:

- Pinball FX (plus grab Walking Dead DLC)

- Driveclub VR

- Here they Lie

just realised I got Black Flag for free on UPlay yesterday... so, eh.. no I won't be paying for that ;)

Forgot about that, downloading it now. It's been a while.

I was also "accidentally" credited €18 by Three on my mobile phone account (they owed it to me, but manually did it last month, I guess the automatic system wasn't notified).

Time to use that on BuyGameCredit. Everything is turning up mrcheezy ;)

Nice, turns out the 2 for €30 only cost me €12.49 ... deal o' the month!

Wipeout is great, but the complete disconnect I feel now playing on a flatscreen really ruins it for me after playing practically non-stop VR for the past few months.

I instinctively turn my head to the right expecting to be able to see my opponent but just see sofa. Then I turn back to the tiny (in comparison) window in front of me where it feels like I'm watching someone else playing.

This is on a 55" screen too.

Can't wait to get this in VR because I'm pretty much unable to play flat screen any more. My quick reaction skills are completely lacking compared to how I perform in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I think I played too much resident evil last night, I was stuck on the bit
    with the 3 dogs heads
    for ages

felt really light headed today and a bit spaced out man :)

im really gonna have to limit my time on it and build it up gradually, but its hard when your enjoying it so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Diner Duo is out on Friday it's couch co op so will be great for people to play with there woman.

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    I think I played too much resident evil last night, I was stuck on the bit
    with the 3 dogs heads
    for ages

felt really light headed today and a bit spaced out man :)

im really gonna have to limit my time on it and build it up gradually, but its hard when your enjoying it so much

Once you start into Skyrim and play it sitting down to relax, you'll find playing until 2/3am is not unusual, you're brain adapts to the day/night cycle of Skyrim instead of real-life.

When I rent out a room in Skyrim and sleep for 7 hours, I actually feel like I've slept irl. ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Once you start into Skyrim and play it sitting down to relax, you'll find playing until 2/3am is not unusual, you're brain adapts to the day/night cycle of Skyrim instead of real-life.

When I rent out a room in Skyrim and sleep for 7 hours, I actually feel like I've slept irl. ;)

im sitting wide awake after another night of Resident evil, its just too addictive, I wasnt feeling queasy this time thankfully, my sleep pattern has gone to pot, as it does from time to time so not blaming the PS:VR for that,
    so Im gonna just stay awake now till a reasonable time (10 PM or so and have a night off and a good long sleep) but yeah you do lose yourself in it, I took the headset off this morning and got a shock that it was light. it really is superb and worth every cent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just noticed that Sony must have dropped prices - Farpoint + Aim controller is 69.99 in Smyths and Argos.
    Or has it been like this for a while and I just noticed ??

I just placed an order with Smyths - It's actually 5 Euro cheaper on littlewoods, but I don't trust them after a mate of mine bought a laptop with them and had a terrible time getting it off them.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just noticed that Sony must have dropped prices - Farpoint + Aim controller is 69.99 in Smyths and Argos.
    Or has it been like this for a while and I just noticed ??

I just placed an order with Smyths - It's actually 5 Euro cheaper on littlewoods, but I don't trust them after a mate of mine bought a laptop with them and had a terrible time getting it off them.

its €59.99 in Gamestop and part of a 3 for 2 on selected PS:VR titles deal too

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Playstation+VR+Aim+Controller+%2B+Farpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    its €59.99 in Gamestop and part of a 3 for 2 on selected PS:VR titles deal too

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Playstation+VR+Aim+Controller+%2B+Farpoint
    Nice - but beware of ordering online with them. Took 2 weeks for my PSVR to eventually arrive. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen.
    Great though if you can get it in B&M store though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm gonna pop out and get Farpoint with the Aim Controller and possibly Robinson & Eve Valkyrie.

I already have Farpoint - i wonder what Gamestop would give me for trading it back in?

EDIT:

So i picked up the above games. They gave me €6 for Farpoint out of the box. So, I bought Final Fantasy XV from their preplayed selection. For €14.99

Imagine my surprise when the lad behind the counter gave me out a brand new copy of Final Fantasy XV Day One edition, still in it's plastic, and for less than 9 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

How are you guys getting on with contacting Beasty over getting the new VR forum started? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you've an Amazon US account, might be worthwhile to see if they'll price match it. Walmart don't ship, but Amazon do.

Advertisement