Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Glico Man wrote: »
    If you've an Amazon US account, might be worthwhile to see if they'll price match it. Walmart don't ship, but Amazon do.
    The shipping is $32.00 but it is likely to get hit for import tax aswell. Amazon.co.uk would hardly price match would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I got it shipped from amazon.com for €232 including custom charges.

It's the first gen headset which I don't mind as I don't have a HDR TV so don't need the pass through.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Stokolan wrote: »
    I got it shipped from amazon.com for €232 including custom charges.

It's the first gen headset which I don't mind as I don't have a HDR TV so don't need the pass through.
    Have you received it yet, did you order from amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Still waiting. According to tracking its in London. So i'm hoping to have it within 2 days

I ordered it the day it went on sale 10th December. that sale price is due to finish the 24th.

Its funny when you see tracking. It started Off in New York. So I thought it would go to London then here. But no. It decided to go for a trip to Dubai on the way to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Thinking about picking up the VR over xmas. I've got very poor internet speeds at home. Is it worth getting with poor online experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Thinking about picking up the VR over xmas. I've got very poor internet speeds at home. Is it worth getting with poor online experience?

Not many online games so well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Only thing is a lot of VR games are download only.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I was on a 2mb connection up until 2 months ago and it's been grand.

Downloads are the only pain obviously.

So I'm making my way through The Last of Us (which is great), that I bought as part of the recent Wipeout combo deal ... and I can't keep myself from thinking: "This would be so much better in VR".

Not in first person view, just the same game but allowing you to freely look around the world as you traverse.

For example at the section where you are amidst the skyscrapers while still walking with Tess, I tried to look up at the skyscrapers but the camera would only allow a 75% upward view. I wanted to see just how high they went :(

There's a game on the Rift called Edge of Nowhere that has a similar third person viewpoint, but the VR really brings you into the world

Surely it couldn't be too hard to do a VR update on Last of Us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

The PSVR Store January Sale has started,for anyone interested.
    See Here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Can you buy Superhot VR on it's own or do you need the original Superhot game also ?

BTW - Farpoint + Aim controllee now down to 49.99 in Smyths : https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/farpoint/farpoint-ps-vr-%2b-aim-controller/p/158490

Seems to be a few left there and there in store

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Can you buy Superhot VR on it's own or do you need the original Superhot game also ?

BTW - Farpoint + Aim controllee now down to 49.99 in Smyths : https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/farpoint/farpoint-ps-vr-%2b-aim-controller/p/158490

Seems to be a few left there and there in store

Buy it on its own

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP2477-CUSA08165_00-EUSUPERHOTVRGAME

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I see so many VR games for sale. Can anyone recommend some must-have titles, especially the lesser-known ones? Anyone try the Everest/Chernobyl/wildlife ones?

I see so many VR games for sale. Can anyone recommend some must-have titles, especially the lesser-known ones? Anyone try the Everest/Chernobyl/wildlife ones?

What have you got so far?

Have you got a US / GB account as well?

mrcheez wrote: »
    What have you got so far?

Have you got a US / GB account as well?

I have a us account but haven’t used it in ages. I haven’t played it yet, it’s my Christmas present that I bought for myself so just waiting a couple more days before I open it. I’ve got Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, Thumper, Eve Valkyrie and Eagle Flight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So thoughts on PSVR is it worth the €350? Was thinking of picking up the v2 version but wanted some feedback from Boardies, I will be playing from the comfort of my sofa on a PS4 pro, so questions do you use it everyday or only every now and again? Has it changed the way you game? Is using a DualShock 4 ok to begin with?
    Thanka

So thoughts on PSVR is it worth the €350?

Worth more, see the number of positive posts in this thread alone

It's so good it converted me to VR and I bought a Rift as well, but it's easily on par considering I'm playing with a souped up PC
    I will be playing from the comfort of my sofa on a PS4 pro, so questions do you use it everyday or only every now and again?

As often as time allows.. any lack of playing is purely time-management issues on my part, rather than a dislike of the PSVR
    Has it changed the way you game?

Yeah. Major downside is that it has made playing flatscreen games less enjoyable though. I'm struggling to get through my backlog at the moment, and wish they were in VR :/
    Is using a DualShock 4 ok to begin with?

Yep, many games can be played with DS4 like Doom VFR and Skyrim.

Moves are great, and occasionally required, but you can get away with DS4 initially and still have a superb experience.

I have a us account but haven’t used it in ages. I haven’t played it yet, it’s my Christmas present that I bought for myself so just waiting a couple more days before I open it. I’ve got Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, Thumper, Eve Valkyrie and Eagle Flight. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7kv452/sale_tons_of_vr_games_on_sale_on_the_psn_us/?st=jbjp7h9c&sh=94c9b634

Good few great deals there including:

DriveClub VR (a little blurry, but the immersion is fantastic)

Pinball FX2

Playstation VR Worlds

Statik

Tumble VR

Deals on the EU store: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7lo5t5/now_the_ukeu_sale_is_here_whats_on_your_wishlist/?st=jbjpanwf&sh=0fbc22eb

Superhot is on sale for €13.99 ...that's an insta buy. Needs Moves.

Bound and Dick Wilde are good too.

Everyone raves about Batman too, but I personally still think €11.99 is too much so I'm waiting for that one to drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7kv452/sale_tons_of_vr_games_on_sale_on_the_psn_us/?st=jbjp7h9c&sh=94c9b634

Good few great deals there including:

DriveClub VR (a little blurry, but the immersion is fantastic)

Pinball FX2

Playstation VR Worlds

Statik

Tumble VR

Deals on the EU store: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7lo5t5/now_the_ukeu_sale_is_here_whats_on_your_wishlist/?st=jbjpanwf&sh=0fbc22eb

Superhot is on sale for €13.99 ...that's an insta buy. Needs Moves.

Bound and Dick Wilde are good too.

Everyone raves about Batman too, but I personally still think €11.99 is too much so I'm waiting for that one to drop.

Thanks! I forgot about a few other vr games I have already that I got around Black Friday, including the batman game, and got bound and until dawn from ps+. I got worlds with the starter kit and two move controllers for €50 too, oh and farpoint with the aim controller so I’ve loads to play to start with already. I might try driveclub as I’d like to give a driving game a go on vr. I might be tempted by gran turismo too. I think I’ll check out a few of those discounted games while they’re going cheap too.

• Advertisement

I got a G29 wheel for around €130 over Black Friday and it makes a world of difference to the driving games.

They are great using DS4, but really a world away with the wheel. But yeah grab em for these prices!

Dirt Rally VR is great too, but very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I got a G29 wheel for around €130 over Black Friday and it makes a world of difference to the driving games.

They are great using DS4, but really a world away with the wheel. But yeah grab em for these prices!

Dirt Rally VR is great too, but very difficult.

Agreed. I got a Thrustmaster T80 in Smyths yesterday for about 90 quid. Have both Dirt and Drive club. Have only tried out Driveclub with it so far, but it does make a big difference

Worth more, see the number of positive posts in this thread alone

It's so good it converted me to VR and I bought a Rift as well, but it's easily on par considering I'm playing with a souped up PC

As often as time allows.. any lack of playing is purely time-management issues on my part, rather than a dislike of the PSVR

Yeah. Major downside is that it has made playing flatscreen games less enjoyable though. I'm struggling to get through my backlog at the moment, and wish they were in VR :/

Yep, many games can be played with DS4 like Doom VFR and Skyrim.

Moves are great, and occasionally required, but you can get away with DS4 initially and still have a superb experience.

Thanks for the response I might take a chance if I can get a good deal maybe in the Xmas sales Just worried It doesn’t end up like the Xbox One Kinect which sits lonely and unused on top of my TV! Does stuff like YouTube 360 work well with the headset? Is it possible to watch 3D movies with the headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Thanks for the response I might take a chance if I can get a good deal maybe in the Xmas sales Just worried It doesn’t end up like the Xbox One Kinect which sits lonely and unused on top of my TV! Does stuff like YouTube 360 work well with the headset? Is it possible to watch 3D movies with the headset?

VR is above and beyond the Kinect! and has actually revitalised motion controllers to be more than just a gimmick.

nocoverart wrote: »
    VR is above and beyond the Kinect! and has actually revitalised motion controllers to be more than just a gimmick.

True I’m surprised Microsoft dumped the Kinect as if they did release a VR product they could have utilised the Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

True I’m surprised Microsoft dumped the Kinect as if they did release a VR product they could have utilised the Kinect.

Yeah, I'd imagine the Kinect would be a better solution than the PS4 camera for tracking with VR. I still think that Microsoft have something up their sleeve with regards to a HMD.. a gaming centric Hololens ("X") perhaps? they seem more passionate about AR/MR type technology.

You can watch 3D Blu Rays using the PSVR

That is actually a major selling point, not sure why Sony don't mention it in ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wish they'd unlock it to be allowed to stream 3d movies from plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Whats vr like for watching movies ?

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Whats vr like for watching movies ?

Pretty damned good. Like having your own IMAX.

I've already pre-ordered Blade Runner 2049 and will be watching it first in PSVR.

I have a 55" 3D Samsung TV as well which has slightly better 3D, but the PSVR is about 90% there.

Advertisement