Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Am sold.. going to get one next week.. how can I tell which is the newer version ? I thought I read that there is a new version out, how can I tell Im not buying the older version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Am sold.. going to get one next week.. how can I tell which is the newer version ? I thought I read that there is a new version out, how can I tell Im not buying the older version.

Newer version has built in earbuds.

I guess check the box to see if earbuds are shown attached. (Old one came with separate earphones but not preattached)

Note, the main advantage of the newer one is if you have a HDR-ready 4K TV as otherwise there's little benefit going for the newer model over the older model. Visuals and tech specs are identical.

mrcheez wrote: »

Newer version has built in earbuds.

I guess check the box to see if earbuds are shown attached. (Old one came with separate earphones but not preattached)

Note, the main advantage of the newer one is if you have a HDR-ready 4K TV as otherwise there's little benefit going for the newer model over the older model. Visuals and tech specs are identical.

Yes, I have a HDR ready tv, so will want the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yep going to pick one up as well thanks for all the advice on this thread lads one of the big selling points which they aren’t playing up is watching movies using the headset

• Advertisement

Yep going to pick one up as well thanks for all the advice on this thread lads one of the big selling points which they aren’t playing up is watching movies using the headset

This for me too.. the movie watching sounds cool.. want to get the new version with the bulit in earphones.. Any ideas which shops are selling the new version ?

This for me too.. the movie watching sounds cool.. want to get the new version with the bulit in earphones.. Any ideas which shops are selling the new version ?

Smyths have them with Skyrim or Doom free also as regards the headphones I see a lot of people use over ear headset as it gives a better experience maybe some of the owners on here can advise?
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

The Day finally arrived!
    The OH bought this as a bundle in Oct and I’ve being waiting patiently since then.

God has it be worth the wait!!
    The Call of Duty VR experience has blown my mind awesome free experience!
    As well as the quick jump into VR that is Spider-Man homecoming.

Hopefully I won’t get motion sickness or anything but I’ve only being messing with the free bits so far.

Having a quick break to go back in!
    I can see myself disappearing for a night!

• Advertisement

Smyths have them with Skyrim or Doom free also as regards the headphones I see a lot of people use over ear headset as it gives a better experience maybe some of the owners on here can advise?
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/virtual-reality/virtual-reality-devices/playstation-vr-starter-pack/p/164471

Nothing beats a good set of Sennheisers for Max immersion :)

coolisin wrote: »
    The Day finally arrived!
    The OH bought this as a bundle in Oct and I’ve being waiting patiently since then.

God has it be worth the wait!!
    The Call of Duty VR experience has blown my mind awesome free experience!

Hopefully I won’t get motion sickness or anything but I’ve only being messing with the free bits so far.

Having a quick break to go back in!
    I can see myself disappearing for a night!

Was that the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare mini VR game?

Was that the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare mini VR game?

Yeah great fun to try it out first thing
    As a free game I thought it was worth it giving it a go.
    And it is!

coolisin wrote: »

PSVR Without Parole mentioned this in their latest video, but I agree: if you want to feel like Spiderman, get Windlands.

That game is incredible. Nothing else has triggered my fear of heights and it's quite exhilarating swinging through floating islands as in Avatar.

Seems to be on sale at the moment too: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP1499-CUSA05879_00-0000000000000001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Star Wars X Wing was the one that blew my mind. Just so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Any offers on the new version coming up in the sales?

Star Wars X Wing was the one that blew my mind. Just so great.

I'm going to have to give that another go, I got bored pretty quickly. The AT-AT at the intro screen was superb though.

Turn the headphones up to the last

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm going to have to give that another go, I got bored pretty quickly. The AT-AT at the intro screen was superb though.

So just played this today.
    This just made my day the scale was awesome.
    The surprise, I’d love to have recorded my face at the surprise.
    Another addition that blew me away.
    Worth sticking with it, earphones to the max and experience an xwing battle brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I keep getting an error message when i try and download the x wing game. any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

weiland79 wrote: »
    I keep getting an error message when i try and download the x wing game. any ideas?
    Do you need to have the battlefront game in order to download it?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Do you need to have the battlefront game in order to download it?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That'll be it so.

How comfy is the headset ? Does it get un comfy if you have the headset on for too long ?

How comfy is the headset ? Does it get un comfy if you have the headset on for too long ?

Not as bad as the Rift, but you do have to adjust it every now and then.

Sold out everywherein Dublin.. means when I do get one it will be the new model.

Depends on how big yer bonce is... mine gets pretty tight after about an hour of playing and has to be moved around.

This is on max extension btw, I end up with indentations of the headset cushion on my forehead after I take it off :(

Don't have this problem on the Rift, which is actually more comfortable for me on account of less compression on the forehead.

• Advertisement

Sold out everywherein Dublin.. means when I do get one it will be the new model.

6 available in Smyths Tallaght and 10 Carrickmines if you want also it should be the new version

Advertisement