Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Sold out everywherein Dublin.. means when I do get one it will be the new model.

6 available in Smyths Tallaght and 10 Carrickmines if you want also it should be the new version

Im dying to get one.. as much for watching movies as playing games.. watching the likes of Alien or Blade Runner on the headset will hopefully be something else..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Had my first look at Skyrim last night. I got as far as the Frostbite Spiders in the cave and got such a strong wave of nausea that i couldn't get the headset off quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

weiland79 wrote: »
    Had my first look at Skyrim last night. I got as far as the Frostbite Spiders in the cave and got such a strong wave of nausea that i couldn't get the headset off quickly enough.

Yeah can take some a few tries to get the ol VR legs. My first time I was playing Farpoint and felt a bit woozy.

Main thing is: DON"T try to power through it, take lots of breaks initially and your brain will eventually get used to it. If you try to power through it your brain will always associate VR with nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Have been dying since Christmas Eve and haven't tried my PSVR yet as I don't want to ruin the experience - and also I was afraid that being badly under the weather could contribute to nausea etc...

Finally went to the doctor today - antibiotics and steroids, so hopefully in 24 hours I'll feel a lot better and I'll start to VR :)

Edit: Needless to say it's killing me having it but not being able to use it, but I think the wait will be worth it

My top tip is to get a fan gently blowing on you. A large contributer to nausea is the "hot" feeling you sometimes get and I always use a fan when playing which helps keep me cool.

Also aids immersion if you're playing anything where you are moving, like riding a horse in Skyrim, or flying around in Ultrawings.

(I'll add this to the "setup tips" thread)

• Advertisement

Sold out everywhere in the Dublin city area.. will have to wait till January to get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

I'm looking at the bundle packages in Smyths and Gamestop and I'm looking for opinions on which people think is better. The Smyths one includes VR worlds, camera and either Skyrim or Doom VFR.
    The Gamestop deal, includes the camera, Skyrim or Doom VFR and a choice between Until Dawn, Here They Lie, Robinson the Journey, VR Rigs, EVE Valkerie or Drive Club VR. Also I want the VR 2 how can I tell if they are the VR 2 model?

I'm looking at the bundle packages in Smyths and Gamestop and I'm looking for opinions on which people think is better. The Smyths one includes VR worlds, camera and either Skyrim or Doom VFR.
    The Gamestop deal, includes the camera, Skyrim or Doom VFR and a choice between Until Dawn, Here They Lie, Robinson the Journey, VR Rigs, EVE Valkerie or Drive Club VR. Also I want the VR 2 how can I tell if they are the VR 2 model?

Are the two bundles the same price?

Version 2 has built in headphones, also I think the box says VR 2 somewhere on the model number.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

mrcheez wrote: »
    Are the two bundles the same price?

Version 2 has built in headphones, also I think the box says VR 2 somewhere on the model number.
    Yeah €349.00 for both

Yeah €349.00 for both

Then go for the one with more stuff included :)

And get Rush of Blood, the others tend to go on sale frequently.

Rush of Blood is best with a pair of Move controllers though.

• Advertisement

Are they still in stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Im dying to get one.. as much for watching movies as playing games.. watching the likes of Alien or Blade Runner on the headset will hopefully be something else..

It's surprising effective, just make sure you've realistic expectations of how sharp the image will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Playing VR worlds yesterday morning got my first taste of “the sickness”
    Tried the luge part and I thought I was woozy but took a short break that and the condensation build up on the headset.
    So went away came back, went to play the scavengers artifact and it was a nice kick in the stomach.
    So turned it off for the rest of the day until this morning.

Came back today had the longest blasts of Vr I’ve had with Batman VR, London heist (couple plays) and a couple mins of Rush of Blood.

Small break in play between each title.

No I’ll effects at all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Do you mean Scavengers Odyssey? probably one of the worst games you could choose after already feeling woozy. The one time I felt really rough was playing Rigs, then a little Skyrim and then Dirt Rally. I think it's the combination of games that can really do you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

nocoverart wrote: »
    Do you mean Scavengers Odyssey? probably one of the worst games you could choose after already feeling woozy. The one time I felt really rough was playing Rigs, then a little Skyrim and then Dirt Rally. I think it's the combination of games that can really do you in.

Yeah that one, sorry!
    Yeah lesson learned didn’t realise until I started playing jaysus this was a mistake!

Heh last time I played that I felt a bit woozy, I wonder how I'd feel now. Would be definite proof I earned my VR legs.

I'll try when Im back in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

mrcheez wrote: »
    Then go for the one with more stuff included :)

And get Rush of Blood, the others tend to go on sale frequently.

Rush of Blood is best with a pair of Move controllers though.
    Rush of blood is free on Playstation plus at the moment. If you have plus get a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ultrawings is worth getting, it's very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

iamtony wrote:
    Rush of blood is free on Playstation plus at the moment. If you have plus get a different game.

Played through this today, great crack!

Is Solus Project worth getting?

limited stock in Harvey Normans, wondering would it be the new model of the old one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads and recommendations for a reasonably priced headset for thesesomething noise cancelling? I see on Amazon I see there is the PS4 licensed Plantronics Rig 4VR Plantronics RIG 4VR - Gaming Headset for PlayStation VR (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MEG372K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DOvsAbNT9CVWN

Or the turtlebeach stealth 350VR
    Turtle Beach Stealth 350VR Amplified Virtual Reality Gaming Headset - PSVR, PS4, PS4 Pro, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GTL4YSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bQvsAb5APSVFX

Anyone use these or any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Anyone play paranormal activity yet , I'm thinking of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

6 weeks later, Skyrim VR is still my favourite game for the PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

thats good to know. Have you put much time into it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Paranormal anyone ??

Mine too. Just finished the Mages College. I've about 80 hours put into it so far. Don't want it to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

I quite liked the Persistance on the Demo 2 disk. No instruction so takes you a while to figure out what the fark is going on.

But its great for free and the procedurally generated random levels add extra immersion in VR as you don't know whats coming next each time.....

Morshlac wrote: »
    thats good to know. Have you put much time into it ?

About 80 hours so far and no where near finishing. The only questline I have completed is the Companions one.
    I find I'm able to play it for hours on end (when I have the time ) without a single bit of motion sickness. Considering the playroom VR makes me motion sick this is good going.

Mine too. Just finished the Mages College. I've about 80 hours put into it so far. Don't want it to end.

I haven't started the mages college yet as I have been using bow and arrow rather than spells. Gonna try and level some spells first.

• Advertisement

It's not that great, just wanted it out of the way.

Advertisement